• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can ANYBODY fix our political system?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Could you name someone you believe actually could fix our political system and get things going back in a positive direction?

Can be somebody running, somebody already in office, a former politician, someone who has never run and/or served... the field is wide open for this question. In an ideal world, if you could pick the one person capable of doing good (must be alive and not so old that they are not mentally capable, is the only restriction), who would that person be?

Mighty Mouse?

The 2nd Amendment deals with this issue. :shoot

IMO nothing short of a revolution will fix it.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men"?

The Shadow

Could you name someone you believe actually could fix our political system and get things going back in a positive direction?

Can be somebody running, somebody already in office, a former politician, someone who has never run and/or served... the field is wide open for this question. In an ideal world, if you could pick the one person capable of doing good (must be alive and not so old that they are not mentally capable, is the only restriction), who would that person be?
The guy who created this: Powerful American Political Alliance .. and every U.S. citizen who joins him.

Hard to say radcen. Would we even know them if we saw them?

Social trends come and go. Imagine the collective insanity that brought about Prohibition.

We are in the early days of a new paradigm in communication. No different that the early days of newspapers, or cable news. Information, easily manipulated, is making fortunes for those stirring the pot. Throw into the mix new forms of communication between the people. DP is a perfect example.

Down the road these new forms of communication, along with the ethics and etiquette they will require, will lessen the sense of chaos that has been created.

A less alienating leader is out there, along with less alienating members of congress. The people will sort out how this comes about. It is the core principle of this Nation that it will do so.

Fix what specifically? I want to understand what you're asking.

The Republocrats have put quite the "fix" on our system

Hahah

But no. We can maybe get an outsider once in awhile, but it would take some big initiative by the People, the voters, to really put the pressure on in order to change the system. The Republocrats won't do it themselves, they're the ones who rigged it in this manner in the first place.

The 2nd Amendment deals with this issue. :shoot

IMO nothing short of a revolution will fix it.

America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Claire Wolf

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Not really.

Well start shooting at the government then and let us all know how it turns out.

As much as I defend the second amendment, and revolution as a proper and necessary tool of the People, in our current state a successful revolution is all but impossible. The US government isn't sitting across an ocean with only wind powered ships to clear the distance. It's right here, and the tech is different, and the monitoring is different, and the policing is different, the scales of force are different, the propaganda is different. It's a HUGE mountain to climb and I don't think that, at this time, it can be pulled off.

"Fix", or make things better, in a general sense. Improvement of some sort, not continuing down the black hole as we have been. Maybe someone who could actually unify, and not just say it.

It is important to define the problem in order to evaluate proposed solutions.

As I see it "the problem" is largely a two party system run by and for rich elites.

Last edited:
How in any way are these times similar to 1776?

You mean other than people feeling like they are being oppressed by a distant government that treats them like a cash cow without allowing them to represent themselves?

You mean other than people feeling like they are being oppressed by a distant government that treats them like a cash cow without allowing them to represent themselves?

As far as I can tell people have always felt like that. You see that type of sentiment going back all the way to when our country is founded.

How in any way are these times similar to 1776?

The government in 1776 was unresponsive to the needs or situation of the people, was taking whatever it wanted from them by any means it chose to do that, and was becoming increasingly oppressive and authoritarian to the point it was interfering with their lives, liberties, and pursuit of happiness.

Looking at the situation then and now, I don't see a hell of a lot of difference.

The government in 1776 was unresponsive to the needs or situation of the people, was taking whatever it wanted from them by any means it chose to do that, and was becoming increasingly oppressive and authoritarian to the point it was interfering with their lives, liberties, and pursuit of happiness.

Looking at the situation then and now, I don't see a hell of a lot of difference.

I have to say I disagree. The acts of the British Government were much more invasive and controlling than what the Federal Government is doing today. And Colonists had no recourse with the appointed Governors appointing judges, sheriffs, and all civil servants with no input from the people.

We, on the other hand can elect whoever we like to federal, state, and local positions.

Well start shooting at the government then and let us all know how it turns out.

As much as I defend the second amendment, and revolution as a proper and necessary tool of the People, in our current state a successful revolution is all but impossible. The US government isn't sitting across an ocean with only wind powered ships to clear the distance. It's right here, and the tech is different, and the monitoring is different, and the policing is different, the scales of force are different, the propaganda is different. It's a HUGE mountain to climb and I don't think that, at this time, it can be pulled off.

First of all we the people are 300 million people with 300 million guns no matter how we split, the entire military is only 500,000. Second of all the military would divide as well, those on the side of the constitution and those on the side of the corrupt government. It would never be the people against an undivided military. In fact the military siding with the people would be the driving force and the power behind the coup.

First of all we the people are 300 million people with 300 million guns no matter how we split, the entire military is only 500,000. Second of all the military would divide as well, those on the side of the constitution and those on the side of the corrupt government. It would never be the people against an undivided military. In fact the military siding with the people would be the driving force and the power behind the coup.

Alright, well start 'er up and let's see how successful it is then. Yes? Or is this just a "talk the talk, but only talk" sort of thing?

I have to say I disagree. The acts of the British Government were much more invasive and controlling than what the Federal Government is doing today. And Colonists had no recourse with the appointed Governors appointing judges, sheriffs, and all civil servants with no input from the people.

We, on the other hand can elect whoever we like to federal, state, and local positions.

Can we? It used to be that way. The Constitution the Founders gave us was intended to ensure us that liberty. But for a long time now, the permanent political class has used a heavy hand to ensure only those they want to allow can be in that club. Oh they do it all quite legally because they are the ones to put the system in place and pass the laws that regulate it. But they do it. And while King George and his representatives were indeed oppressive, there wasn't more than a minute fraction of laws and regulations the people had to follow then compared to what the government forces on us now. And King George and his representatives were not the least bit politically correct nor did they require the people to be which is now a major tool of the political elite to control everybody else and get what they want.

Back
Top Bottom