• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Can anybody disprove this?

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Because it makes it pretty clear that GZ did not go out of his way to confront Trayvon Martin- just the opposite.

Attachments

• zimmerman_map_of_events.jpg
    zimmerman_map_of_events.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 66
Bah, I should have checked that it was about Zimmerman case still!

The accounts I saw doubted #4 in that Martin went all the way back to the house before the confrontation, but the other elements can't be disproven. Though if you listen to the radical leftist around here every Zimmerman statement is a lie and they know it ... God like those radical liberals.

Because it makes it pretty clear that GZ did not go out of his way to confront Trayvon Martin- just the opposite.

If this is true, why wasn't this graphic provided at trial? First time I've seen it.

Your own graphic says he left his truck to follow him on foot, that seems to be "going out of his way" as obviously prior to his seeing Martin his way was in another direction.

Your own graphic says he left his truck to follow him on foot, that seems to be "going out of his way" as obviously prior to his seeing Martin his way was in another direction.

Nobody ever claimed ( certainly not Zimmerman) that he wasn't following Martin . What is in dispute is what happened AFTER he was advised not to follow him. #3. THis indicates that he did not as Zimmerman made a right toward his father's complex and Zimmerman kept going toward #5.

The accounts I saw doubted #4 in that Martin went all the way back to the house before the confrontation, .

That's based on direct testimony from Rachel Jenteal.

I would bet it doesn't fit the time line. I doubt TM could walk all the way to the residence and back in that time frame but I don't know. He could probably jog it fast enough but that does not fit Zimmermans account of him stopping to look at homes and meandering about looking suspicious - or like a person talking on the phone which he probably could not see.

That's based on direct testimony from Rachel Jenteal.

Yeah I guess when NEN operator twice asks you to "let us know if he's doing anything else", or when you are already OUT of your vehicle, one should use the transporters on the starship Enterprise to "energize" themselves back into their vehicle, lock the doors, barricade the doors, put down the window protecting shields, and cower in fear until the police arrive.

Otherwise you are "stalking", "hunting down like a rabid dog", "chasing", only doing it because you are a "CWP" holder, "following", "disobeying police ORDERS"...etc .etc ad nauseum.

Makes sense to me.

I would bet it doesn't fit the time line. I doubt TM could walk all the way to the residence and back in that time frame but I don't know.

4 minutes to walk the distance that Trayvon's 12 year old "brother" could throw a football? I think he could have managed.

Having said that, George could have made it back to his truck in the 2 minutes after he hung up with 911.

I would bet it doesn't fit the time line. I doubt TM could walk all the way to the residence and back in that time frame but I don't know. He could probably jog it fast enough but that does not fit Zimmermans account of him stopping to look at homes and meandering about looking suspicious - or like a person talking on the phone which he probably could not see.

It's only a ten minute walk to the 7-11. In four minutes he would have covered this distance easily.

Yeah I guess when NEN operator twice asks you to "let us know if he's doing anything else", or when you are already OUT of your vehicle, one should use the transporters on the starship Enterprise to "energize" themselves back into their vehicle, lock the doors, barricade the doors, put down the window protecting shields, and cower in fear until the police arrive.

Otherwise you are "stalking", "hunting down like a rabid dog", "chasing", only doing it because you are a "CWP" holder, "following", "disobeying police ORDERS"...etc .etc ad nauseum.

Makes sense to me.

Ok Mr. Strawman, its not like I said any of that but whatever. You know quotation marks are normally used when quoting someone, and I never said "stalking" "hunting down like a rabid dog" "chasing" or whatever else.

I said he went out of his way, obviously his way was not in the direction Martin was going but he diverted from his orginal path in order to follow him. That's all I said.

Ok Mr. Strawman, its not like I said any of that but whatever. You know quotation marks are normally used when quoting someone, and I never said "stalking" "hunting down like a rabid dog" "chasing" or whatever else.

I said he went out of his way, obviously his way was not in the direction Martin was going but he diverted from his orginal path in order to follow him. That's all I said.

You didn't say it, it has been said by many.

Then again you double down. George Zimmerman, once told by the NEN operator "okay we do not need you to do that" (meaning following), and Zimmerman replied "ok", DID NOT and there is not a SINGLE piece of evidence that he did, "divert from his original path to follow" TM. (Now I did use YOUR quote here).

In other words, he was already OUT of his vehicle. He was told by NEN they didn't need GZ to follow. He did NOT, he continued ON his path to the end street, as he was returning TO his vehicle AS inferred by NEN operator, he was mugged.

else.

where in that graphic is that indicated?

If this is true, why wasn't this graphic provided at trial? First time I've seen it.

Most likely because the graphic isn't 100% correct and when you show something like that in trial it being proven false can be pretty damning for your narrative.

The more likely scenario is that when TM hit the walkway he actually circled the building where #6 is coming between that building and the one south of it, noticed that Zimerman's car was there, got pissed off and went back to the walkway to teach Zimmerman a lesson.

It's pure speculation....well, educated guess speculation but in either case not "evidence".

Maybe it's because a key part of it #4 was based on Rachel Jenteals testimony that Trayvon told her he was in his father's fiancess' back yard and they didn't want to lend any credibility to her testimony.

I think the critical, or most significant moment is when Z passed the "T" when he was heading (east) toward Retreat View circle. At that point he did not choose to advance in the direction (south) that Martin had disappeared in, which means the "following", "pursuing", "stalking", "tracking", "hunting" or what ever anyone chooses to call what Zimmerman was doing, had ended... At that point, Martin no longer had any justification what so ever to confront Zimmerman and should have just let it go. His decision not to let it go, clearly made him the aggressor from that point forward and made Zimmerman's claim of self defense a slam dunk.

from the T intersection of the sidewalk to Brandy Green's crib is only about 200 feet. from the time Zimmerman lost sight of trayvon when he ducked between the buildings until the time Zimmerman and Martin came face to face was 4 minutes. walking at an average pace (15 minute mile) Trayvon could have walked 1400 feet in 4 minutes. he had time to easily cover the distance from the T to home and back 3 times.

It's pure speculation....well, educated guess speculation but in either case not "evidence".

It was based on evidence though. Police statements, phone logs, and Rachel Jenteal's testimony.

Back
Top Bottom