• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can any of you answer this question about covid-19 deaths?

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The federal government pays a bounty for covid-19 deaths. It can be as high as $29,000 plus and extra 20% for medicare - each. No test showing covid-19 is required nor is there any auditing. I've read only 6% of covid-19 deaths did not give other contributing illnesses. As a result, people who have died in car accidents or in hospice care for cancer, COPD and other end of life reasons have been financially rewarded for claiming it was a covid-19 death.

My question is...

Does any other country in the world pay a bonus of tens of thousands of dollars each for reporting deaths as covid-19 deaths - only covid-19 deaths?

oy-vey

The federal government pays a bounty for covid-19 deaths. It can be as high as $29,000 plus and extra 20% for medicare - each. No test showing covid-19 is required nor is there any auditing. I've read only 6% of covid-19 deaths did not give other contributing illnesses. As a result, people who have died in car accidents or in hospice care for cancer, COPD and other end of life reasons have been financially rewarded for claiming it was a covid-19 death.

My question is...

Does any other country in the world pay a bonus of tens of thousands of dollars each for reporting deaths as covid-19 deaths - only covid-19 deaths?

You guys have spent 4 years insisting that Trump literally shoveling money into his properties bears no ethical problems but this made up bull**** that smears doctors, nurses, people that are actually trying to stop the spread, this is what you believe.

Jesus you guys hate this country with a passion.

My question is...

Citation?

Citation?

Forget it, at this point all the OP is doing on repeat is showing their utter contempt for other people.

In this case healthcare workers, tomorrow it could be anyone.

I will take that as a "no other country offers a bounty for claiming a death was caused by covid-19."

The statistics given for the USA on covid-19 deaths are lies - deliberate, paid for lies.

I will take that as a "no other country offers a bounty for claiming a death was caused by covid-19."

The statistics given for the USA on covid-19 deaths are lies - deliberate, paid for lies.

Evidence for your allegations is needed-or someone else will have his lies exposed. Where is it?

Citation?

The big lie at work. If you repeat it often enough people start to pay attention to stupid.

My question is...

I think the better question to ask is how many people died from illness related causes in 2019 compared to 2020. I think that will give a more accurate picture of how badly america was hit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the better question to ask is how many people died from illness related causes in 2019 compared to 2020. I think that will give a more accurate picture of how badly america was hit.

According to the following there were over 50,000 more deaths in the winter of early 2020 then the average amount of deaths during the last 5 winters.

COVID-19: Making Excess Death Comparisons - CEBM

Ventilator use is very expensive. Many Covid 19patients do not require vents in fact other treatments for Covid 19 such as bipap and high flow oxygen which are not dependent on sedation are used much more than vents currently.
No doubt Minnie that vents are more expensive. Yet even cases not involving one are higher.
if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

The question is if there's some kind of fraud as it relates to how COVID 19 deaths are reported in order for hospitals being paid more. Based on the cited article, Sen. Jensen didn't seem to think that was the case:

USA Today article said:
Jensen said he did not think that hospitals were intentionally misclassifying cases for financial reasons. But that’s how his comments have been widely interpreted and paraded on social media.

Some context to the FactCheck's statement you quoted:

USA Today article said:
Recent legislation pays hospitals higher Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients and treatment, but there is no evidence of fraudulent reporting.

Is it possible? Sure. The thing is the OP is making a claim that this higher payment for COVID 19 patients is incentive for reporting malfeasance. That doesn't seem to be the case.

The question is if there's some kind of fraud as it relates to how COVID 19 deaths are reported in order for hospitals being paid more. Based on the cited article, Sen. Jensen didn't seem to think that was the case:

Is it possible? Sure. The thing is the OP is making a claim that this higher payment for COVID 19 patients is incentive for reporting malfeasance. That doesn't seem to be the case.
You have more confidence in the medical industry than I. I agree (at the moment) nothing has been proven but perhaps that’s because the journalists who should be investigating this aren’t interested. They have a bigger fish to fry. Still when you read stuff like this:
Man who died in motorcycle crash counted as COVID-19 death in Florida: Report | WPEC

You have to wonder if we’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg. The medical industry is well known for covering their mistakes because of the bottom line — profits.

I would also like to point out Since Covid 19 requires isolated rooms and lots of PPE equipment the costs to the hospital is much
higher than a patient who has a seasonal pneumonia, a normal heart problem , Stoke, etc.

I would also like to point out Since Covid 19 requires isolated rooms and lots of PPE equipment the costs to the hospital is much
higher than a patient who has a seasonal pneumonia, a normal heart problem , Stoke, etc.
Thanks for the info.

You have more confidence in the medical industry than I. I agree (at the moment) nothing has been proven but perhaps that’s because the journalists who should be investigating this aren’t interested. They have a bigger fish to fry. Still when you read stuff like this:
Man who died in motorcycle crash counted as COVID-19 death in Florida: Report | WPEC

You have to wonder if we’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg. The medical industry is well known for covering their mistakes because of the bottom line — profits.

From Snopes;

It does appear to the case, however, that a motorcyclist who was killed in a traffic accident also tested positive for COVID-19, and was initially listed among Florida’s COVID-19-related deaths. But officials from the Florida Department of Health said that person has since been removed from the count.

Was a Fatal Motorcycle Crash Listed Among COVID-19 Deaths in Florida?

Mistakes happen.
That’s why the Covid 19 deaths are reviewed and updated.

I watch Michigan’s numbers carefully and once in a great while a the number of dead was decreased to error either because of the math or because a person died from a different cause.

If it's being done at this scale for additional funds, we have some serious issues.

No, because a huge percentage of people were immune to Swine Flu. Try reading up on it. It has already been admitted the handling of Swine Flu was a total failure.

Back to the question: How many tens of thousands of dollars each did the government pay to list a death as a Swine Flu death? Oh, that's right. $0. $29,000+ for claiming a death was a covid-19 death with no proof required whatsoever.

How likely do you think covid-19 will kill you in an automobile accident?

No, because a huge percentage of people were immune to Swine Flu. Try reading up on it. It has already been admitted the handling of Swine Flu was a total failure.

Back to the question: How many tens of thousands of dollars each did the government pay to list a death as a Swine Flu death? Oh, that's right. $0. $29,000+ for claiming a death was a covid-19 death with no proof required whatsoever.

How likely do you think covid-19 will kill you in an automobile accident?
I agree with you that its very likely the numbers are being skewed because there is a financial incentive too.
All im saying is if say over the past 10 years that generally 1M people die for health related reasons and this year we lost 1.01M people. That .01 number is probably closer to.the real number of deaths due to covid

My question is...

So the $29,000 figure you quote is for ventilator use. I expect the answer to your question is ALL other countries pay what you call a “bounty” for ventilator use. There is no reason to expect that proof and auditing is any different than any other Medicare procedure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From Snopes;

Was a Fatal Motorcycle Crash Listed Among COVID-19 Deaths in Florida?

Mistakes happen.
That’s why the Covid 19 deaths are reviewed and updated.

I watch Michigan’s numbers carefully and once in a great while a the number of dead was decreased to error either because of the math or because a person died from a different cause.
Interesting. You don’t think the correction was due to someone reporting on it and then it set in to those reporting the numbers to be more careful about how they do it?

Interesting. You don’t think the correction was due to someone reporting on it and then it set in to those reporting the numbers to be more careful about how they do it?

Maybe it was brought to their attention but I know for a fact Michigan has corrected their numbers down in the past because of a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom