• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can any Dem explain?

Dems just had a primary and HArris got , like 10 votes (hyperbole but you get the point-). This despite going up against a pathetically weak field .
Democrats seemed to have no interest in her.
Can you explain what she brings to the ticket?

Not sure the VP ever does all that much in these elections. Its usually about not doing a lot of harm a la Palin, but here is the theory.

1. She brings diversity and balance to the ticket, as a younger west coast progressive ( ideologically) tough on crime black woman while Biden is an older east coast union moderate representing continuity and traditional liberal values.
2. She is a great attack dog. As a former prosecutor and AG of a state as large as California, by definition she has the skill set to handle herself and manhandle political opponents. She gets to say and is expected to say about Trump and his administration, what Joe Biden has to carefully say. Biden plays 'good cop' and the decent political statesman. Harris gets to be our mauler.
3. She has worked in both the executive and legislative branches of government in California with pervasive ties to the Hispanic and LBGTQ, Women rights advocacy the Black legislative Caucus, etc that will come in handy both before and after the election.

Lets not forget who Biden was before he joined the Obama ticket, a failed three time candidate, who never really gained traction in the number 1 spot at all failing to win a single state, but seemed to do just the right things to help Obama won two consecutive elections. At the very least Biden sure did not do any harm to Obama during those contests.

Dems just had a primary and HArris got , like 10 votes (hyperbole but you get the point-). This despite going up against a pathetically weak field .

Explains why the dems are very happy with the choice of her as a VP.

Yet when Tulsi exposed her as a fraud in the debates, there was no great oration in response from Copmala.

Yes, she was "skilled" at keeping innocent men in prison when she knew they were innocent, and she was very "skilled" at putting people - overwhelmingly minorities - in state prisons for marijuana offenses.

Kamala Harris Packed California Prisons With Pot Peddlers

Give me a break.

Question: How did you feel about trump pardoning Joe Arpaio? I'm asking because I'd like to see whether you tap dance around his crimes and negligence or if you feel his treatment of prisoners was ok with you.

Arizona Voters Deserve to Know Joe Arpaio’s True Record of Brutality and Abuse | American Civil Liberties Union

Give me a break.

Question: How did you feel about trump pardoning Joe Arpaio? I'm asking because I'd like to see whether you tap dance around his crimes and negligence or if you feel his treatment of prisoners was ok with you.

Arpaio is a piece of excrement, cut from the same cloth as Harris.

You're the one who's not being intellectually consistent by cuddling up with this vile skank who will do or say anything in order to weasel her way to the top of the political dung heap.

You're the one who's not being intellectually consistent by cuddling up with this vile skank who will do or say anything in order to weasel her way to the top of the political dung heap.

I'm glad Pence stayed trued to his holy values and partnered up with a good christian like trump. LOL

Ok, I'm pleasantly surprised by your answer regarding Arpaio, and not surprised at your characterization of a woman of color. Some folks are just terrified of powerful, ambitious women. The fact that she's a woman of color simply ramps up your hatred.

I can't wait to vote for her!

Ok, I'm pleasantly surprised by your answer regarding Arpaio, and not surprised at your characterization of a woman of color.

It has nothing to do with her skin color and everything to do with her record. Of course you can't defend her record, all you can do is imply that anyone who criticizes her is a racist.

It has nothing to do with her skin color and everything to do with her record. Of course you can't defend her record, all you can do is imply that anyone who criticizes her is a racist.

Dude you called someone a "vile skank" because you disagree with her prosecutorial record.
I'm not defending her record she did some things I disagree with and some things I agree with.
Why does everything have to be reduced to name calling and schoolyard bullying....damn.

By the way who was your choice for vp only?

Well -that's the point. Why didn't he pick an unknown( Rice? Michelle) vs a known loser?

A lot of progressives weren't thrilled with Biden. So i think he was probably trying to shore up support on the left. Kind of seems like McCain was hoping with Palin. With any luck, Harris is smarter. I guess we'll see. Maybe Fox will ask her some tough questions.

Oh !!! Sso she WAS dominating, but dropped out anyway.
(SMIRK)

So you're admitting you started a stupid thread because she never made it to a single primary to get a single vote. Good for you. Next time don't be so quick to parrot your crush Trump. He makes you come here and look ignorant. Like this thread.

Who do you think would have been the better choice?

So you're admitting you started a stupid thread because she never made it to a single primary to get a single vote. ad.

Wow . When you put it that way, it's even more pathetic.
I mean with that pathetically weak ( old, white )field, she should have dominated .

Wow . When you put it that way, it's even more pathetic.
I mean with that pathetically weak ( old, white )field, she should have dominated .

I know. Your thread was pathetic. Watching you come here and post Trump's failed claims is pathetic.

GUFFAW

I know. Your thread was pathetic. Watching you come here and post Trump's failed claims is pathetic.

GUFFAW

What does Trump have to do with Harris' bomb of a Presidential run??? She was running against other Democrats.

What does Trump have to do with Harris' bomb of a Presidential run??? She was running against other Democrats.

She and 25 other people bombed.

She makes you tinkle your panties, doesn't she? Do all black woman scare you?

You parroted that moron Trump who also doesn't realize she dropped before any primary.

Back
Top Bottom