• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a radical Muslim be a good American?

Can a radical Muslim be a good American?

• Total voters

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This question begs to be asked....

I voted "No."

In doing so, I assume by "radical Muslim" (I would prefer Islamic) you mean those whose beliefs lead them to closely (and knowingly) support and/or join Islamic terrorist groups.

That said, I would extend my “No” to include ALL radical persons.

If you are a radical, you cannot be a “good American”.

I guess you would have to define "Radical Muslim"

Anyone who plots the death of Americans would not be considered a good American. I would also say that anyone who roots for the failure of America is not a good American. Anyone who wants to turn this country into a theocracy I wouldn't consider a good American either.

I guess you would have to define "Radical Muslim"

Anyone who plots the death of Americans would not be considered a good American. I would also say that anyone who roots for the failure of America is not a good American. Anyone who wants to turn this country into a theocracy I wouldn't consider a good American either.

There are some who argue they are all radical. Of course I don't but defining what is radical about religious beliefs is pretty fuzzy buisness.

Which would be pretty radical in itself. lol

Well not really considering these religious beliefs are founded on.. fairytale stories etc. So in one sense if you look at it that way they are all pretty radical.

No, and neither can a radical Christian.

Anyone who is a radical would have a tough time being considered a good American. Now please define what is a good American? I know for a fact the founding fathers were considered terrorists and those like Jefferson condoned open rebellion.

So I would like one of you to point out what is a "good American" because if you look at history, most would be considered "radical" in one way or antoher.

Nice jab at Christians by the way. Wonderful use of bigotry.

Anyone who is a radical would have a tough time being considered a good American. Now please define what is a good American? I know for a fact the founding fathers were considered terrorists and those like Jefferson condoned open rebellion.

So I would like one of you to point out what is a "good American" because if you look at history, most would be considered "radical" in one way or antoher.

Nice jab at Christians by the way. Wonderful use of bigotry.

It's a jab at RADICAL Christians. Sorry you have a reading comprehension problem. Or are you saying all Christians are radical?

Well not really considering these religious beliefs are founded on.. fairytale stories etc. So in one sense if you look at it that way they are all pretty radical.

Do you have proof they are indeed a fairytale or that God does not exists? Didn't think so. Now I don't expect you to prove a negative, but I do expect you not to state opinion as fact.

Nothing radical about being religious. In fact I could say you sound "radical" by the nature of your sweeping generalizations.

Does he pay taxes?

It's a jab at RADICAL Christians. Sorry you have a reading comprehension problem. Or are you saying all Christians are radical?

Please point out where the OP mentioned Christianity? Oh thats right he did not. Had nothing to do with his post or the thread.

Please feel free to dance around the issue with more ad-homs.

Do you have proof they are indeed a fairytale or that God does not exists? Didn't think so. Now I don't expect you to prove a negative, but I do expect you not to state opinion as fact.

Nothing radical about being religious. In fact I could say you sound "radical" by the nature of your sweeping generalizations.

I was merely pointing out a perspective. It is debatable why people would want to organise society around a factitious deity without any empirical evidence to support it's existence, one may view that as "radical" in some way.

Please point out where the OP mentioned Christianity? Oh thats right he did not. Had nothing to do with his post or the thread.

Please feel free to dance around the issue with more ad-homs.

My point, which was apparently obvious to everyone except you, is that RADICALISM is the problem, not being a Muslim. There are Muslims in America who are not radical in the slightest, and they are good Americans. And there are radical Christians who believe it's OK to shoot abortion doctors, protest army funerals with signs saying "God hates fags" and otherwise try to force their religion on everyone else in contradiction of the Constitution. They are not good Americans.

I will remember in the future that you have a reading and comprehension problem though, and will adjust my posts accordingly.

Now, I'm waiting for the apology for calling me a bigot.

My point, which was apparently obvious to everyone except you, is that RADICALISM is the problem, not being a Muslim. There are Muslims in America who are not radical in the slightest, and they are good Americans. And there are radical Christians who believe it's OK to shoot abortion doctors, protest army funerals with signs saying "God hates fags" and otherwise try to force their religion on everyone else in contradiction of the Constitution. They are not good Americans.

He did not say anything about your general run of the mill Muslim, he said "radical" specifically.

It happens every time someone mentions a Muslim situation. Oh but Christians did this, thats bull****. The number of radical Muslims vs almost anything else is huge. So it does not compare, and yet people still use it as a comparison every chance they get.

I will remember in the future that you have a reading and comprehension problem though, and will adjust my posts accordingly.

Again with the ad-homs.

Now, I'm waiting for the apology for calling me a bigot.

Oh I am sorry, it's not like you have said anything like this...

Facts! Reason! Law! True Believers have no need of these things!

Oh wait. :roll:

No, and neither can a radical Christian.

How so? I consider myself to be a "radical" fundamental Christian and my beliefs do not tell me to hate others or kill innocents. Radical Christian is not the same as radical Muslim.

I was merely pointing out a perspective. It is debatable why people would want to organise society around a factitious deity without any empirical evidence to support it's existence, one may view that as "radical" in some way.

I agree with this statement.

I did not agree with part of your statement making it sound like anyone who is religious is crazy in the initial post.

Last edited:
This question begs to be asked....

No, really it doesn't. Common sense tells us that any one can be a good American, based on how they act. It's not what you are in this country, it's what you do, or at least it should be. Those who pre-judge people based on what they are really suck.

How so? I consider myself to be a "radical" fundamental Christian and my beliefs do not tell me to hate others or kill innocents. Radical Christian is not the same as radical Muslim.

Then what is radical about your christian beliefs?

A radical muslims would typically be one who feels that all should live under the same religious rules as they do, and that generally it should be forced on them if they do not follow those rules.

A christian who does not force his religion on others really is not radical, nor is a muslim who does not force his religion on others is not radical

I don't think so. I think you can believe in fairy tales and still be a good American.

What we need to define here before this continues is...

What is a "good American?"

We know what a radical is, be it Muslim or anything else.

Last edited:
Then what is radical about your christian beliefs?
It depends on how one defines radical. I will say that I believe 100% in the Bible as the word of God though.
A radical muslims would typically be one who feels that all should live under the same religious rules as they do, and that generally it should be forced on them if they do not follow those rules.

A Christian who does not force his religion on others really is not radical, nor is a muslim who does not force his religion on others is not radical

I guess by your definition I am not radical (which I can agree with). I don't believe in forcing my religion on others, however I do believe everyone else is wrong (of which I'm sure 90% of people who hold any belief feel the same way). By radical I mean that I believe 100% in the Bible and set that as the guideline for my life.

I don't think so. I think you can believe in fairy tales and still be a good American.

lol, well the difference is that they try to organise society around their favourite deity .. which is typically something they were taught as children to believe as if it was real.. kind of like santa clause. :)

Back
Top Bottom