• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a Christian lose their salvation?

Absolutely we can...

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition." Hebrews 10:26,27

"It would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it to turn away from the holy commandment they had received." 2 Peter 2:21
EVERYONE practices WILLFUL sins,,,,,except for those that blame the devil.

Not true...sometimes thoughts and deeds overtake us, even when we have the best of intentions in our hearts, because we are imperfect...
We still choose to sin ultimately.

Not true...sometimes thoughts and deeds overtake us, even when we have the best of intentions in our hearts, because we are imperfect...
That is the weakest foolishness I have heard. God ALWAYS gives you [christian], the strength to resist evil. EVEN if you die trying. WE LOVE to sin, as our world says, comfort and stature is everything.

EVERYONE practices WILLFUL sins,,,,,except for those that blame the devil.
Not true...bad thoughts, wrong desires, and wicked deeds can overcome us, even when we have the best of intentions in our hearts...plotting and demising, dwelling on wrong thoughts is willful sinning...

That is the weakest foolishness I have heard. God ALWAYS gives you [christian], the strength to resist evil. EVEN if you die trying. WE LOVE to sin, as our world says, comfort and stature is everything.
Only if we comply to that strength...Paul even said "the flesh is weak"...

Not true...bad thoughts, wrong desires, and wicked deeds can overcome us, even when we have the best of intentions in our hearts...plotting and demising, dwelling on wrong thoughts is willful sinning...
We still ultimately consent. God's grace gives us the ability to resist the temptation.

Only if we comply to that strength...Paul even said "the flesh is weak"...
So, you are saying that when YOU personally sin, you are COMPLYING with satan? You are a DEVIL WORSHIPPER?

So, you are saying that when YOU personally sin, you are COMPLYING with satan? You are a DEVIL WORSHIPPER?
In a sense, yeah.

We still choose to sin ultimately.
It is not always a choice, otherwise, we would be perfect...remember Paul said, If we practice sin willfully"...willful sin is not an isolated sin in a moment of weakness...the kind of mistake we all make at times because we are imperfect...willful sinning is doing it over and over again and not caring...

You are certainly allowing Satan to influence you...

It is not always a choice, otherwise, we would be perfect...remember Paul said, If we practice sin willfully"...willful sin is not an isolated sin in a moment of weakness...the kind of mistake we all make at times because we are imperfect...willful sinning is doing it over and over again and not caring...
Without grace I agree we will ultimately succumb. With grace we can choose to not sin.

Without grace I agree we will ultimately succumb. With grace we can choose to not sin.
Oh absolutely...in the end, it is our choice...I ask forgiveness every day of my life...

In a sense, yeah.
INDEED, SATAN worship is NOT worshipping satan. It is self worship. So, in reality, you are worshipping self satisfaction, or satan. As told by heads of satans church.

You are Your Own God – Self Worship In Satanism
  • Becoming A God In Satanism. Often in Satanism you will find Satanists discussing ideas on self worship and being a god.
  • Becoming Your Own God. Anton LaVey believed that gods were created by humans, stating in the Satanic Bible, “Man has...
  • Satanic Self Worship. As your own god, it is up to you to participate in the act of...

More ...
Your Own God - Self Worship In Satanism | Satanism Today
satanismtoday.net/articles/you-are-your-own-god-self-worship-in-satanism

Answering this within the confines of Biblical text and common lesson from it, the answer is yes.

And it can be by any number of means also warned about here and there throughout the Bible on losing faith in whatever way.

I would go so far as to say that there is no qualifier anywhere in the Bible that suggests reaching salvation becomes a plateau where all the rules, concepts, lessons, and behaviors noted are discarded. Sin is still sin before salvation, obtaining salvation, or whatever disposition one's faith is down the road.

Depends on what doctrine your follow. I don't think you can because it's not something you earn.

There is a way, you don't hear of it very often.

ALL you need is human nature. Human nature is satan. Satan is human nature.
Sin is human nature...it's a fight every day...

"I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, but I see in my body another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my body. Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death?" Romans 7:21-25

"I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, but I see in my body another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my body. Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death?" Romans 7:21-25

The next verse: "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

What that boils down to is, ME first. The glorification of ME. And religion doesnt help. They say that when you die, YOU are swaddled in luxury. YOU are in the prime of your former life, in form. YOU meet all the family that went before, and they too, are in their prime. IT IS GARBAGE. DESIGNED by man, as a stumbling block. To sway folks into hell. YES religion does this.

The truth is, Jesus said, KILL the ego. The sense of ME, my, MINE. Take up your cross and follow me. There are far more sophistocated paths to righteousness. Eastern religions go straight at the problem. They teach to be part of all, so that your will is the universe. What happens is the good, no matter what that is. And when they die, they are dissolved into all.

The expectation of continuing on with your experiences and reputation, is satan worship, or self worship. Meeting all your relatives is ANCESTOR worship.

There is very little left of the REAL teachings of Jesus Christ. They have been perverted by holy men.

There is a way, you don't hear of it very often.

I guess some believe there is a way. I don't, but what are you referencing? Not believing anymore?

This doesn't change the warning: we can be broken off. No once saved always saved.

Who exactly can be broken off? Be specific.

The simple explanation is that those who walk away were never Christians to begin with. A "Christian" is not someone who has 'made a profession' by saying a prayer, or signing a card, or coming forward at the end of a church service. Neither is a Christian defined as someone born into a Christian family. A Christian, according to the Bible, is a person who has, by faith, received and fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior from sin (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9).
There are several reasons why it is impossible for a born-again Christian to lose salvation.

First and foremost, we become Christians by faith, and that faith is not something we come up with on our own. Ephesians 2:8-9 makes it clear that true, saving faith is the GIFT of God. For salvation to be lost, God would have to take back His gift.

Numbers 23

19 “God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?

Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Jesus made a profound statement about the security of the believer in John 10:28
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish,
and
no one can snatch them out of my hand."

Eternal life comes from God through Christ.
They will never be lost and no one, including believers themselves, can be taken out of the firm grip of God.

Those who object to the belief that a Christian cannot lose salvation point to professing Christians who continue to live in sin and those who become Christians and walk away from the faith. These 'professing' Christians are no Christians at all.

If they were, their lives would reflect the fruit of the Holy Spirit who dwells within all believers.
The Bible declares that a true Christian will not live a continually immoral lifestyle (1 John 3:6), nor will a true believer depart from the faith.

1 John 3

6 No one
who abides in him keeps on sinning;
no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

Last edited:
Who can be broken off? Be specific.
We, the branches who were grafted in, can also be broken off, and even easier since we were not originally part of Christ. (Romans 11:22)

We, the branches who were grafted in, can also be broken off, and even easier since we were not originally part of Christ. (Romans 11:22)

If you're born-again, if you have God in you..............................you're that strong!
You won't break off!
EVER!

If you're born-again, if you have God in you..............................you're that strong!
You won't break off!
EVER!
Then why does St. Paul say "provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off."

Not trimmed. Cut off.

Back
Top Bottom