• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Camp Lejeune

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have heard for years that water at Camp Lejeune was not healthy for human consumption. What happened recently that has the ambulance chasers all wound up? In the last few weeks there have been at least three different ads aimed at people who were on post from something like 1957-1984. What happened that the lawyers smell money?

I have heard for years that water at Camp Lejeune was not healthy for human consumption. What happened recently that has the ambulance chasers all wound up? In the last few weeks there have been at least three different ads aimed at people who were on post from something like 1957-1984. What happened that the lawyers smell money?

I was wondering as well, I've also noticed a couple of billboards around town about it.

The military contaminated the groundwater and drinking water with radioactive waste among other hazardous chemicals and it’s had consequences for the Marines and civilians stationed and working in the area. Primarily because the military knew about it and continued to use it as drinking water anyway for 60 years.

The ambulance chasers are making hay now because Congress has been considering a bill to allow them to sue for this.

The military contaminated the groundwater and drinking water with radioactive waste among other hazardous chemicals and it’s had consequences for the Marines and civilians stationed and working in the area. Primarily because the military knew about it and continued to use it as drinking water anyway for 60 years.
I understand that. My question has to do with what has happened to get the lawyers chasing “substantial compensation“ here recently.

I understand that. My question has to do with what has happened to get the lawyers chasing “substantial compensation“ here recently.
What happened is the Camp Lejeune Justice Act which, if passed, will allow lawsuits. And deliberately poisoning people for 60 years is too sumptuous a suit for civil attorneys to pass up once allowed. I don’t doubt that they’re tripping over each other trying to be the first to cobble together a class action suit for some ungodly amount of money.

What happened is the Camp Lejeune Justice Act which, if passed, will allow lawsuits. And deliberately poisoning people for 60 years is too sumptuous a suit for civil attorneys to pass up once allowed. I don’t doubt that they’re tripping over each other trying to be the first to cobble together a class action suit for some ungodly amount of money.
The lawyers must be sniffing the passage of the bill. Do you have a link to the status, all I see is that it was proposed last year?

My family was contacted about five months ago.....and since I handled all of the estate matters for my parents it came to me

We were stationed there from approx 65-69

Lived in base housing.....pop wasnt there the whole time, as he was in Nam for two separate tours

So no idea if this has any merit or if it will amount to anything

But both parents developed different forms of cancer and passed years ago

My family was contacted about five months ago.....and since I handled all of the estate matters for my parents it came to me

We were stationed there from approx 65-69

Lived in base housing.....pop wasnt there the whole time, as he was in Nam for two separate tours

So no idea if this has any merit or if it will amount to anything

But both parents developed different forms of cancer and passed years ago
Who was the contact from, lawyers or government?

Back
Top Bottom