• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Call for investigation into Trumps college admission

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Secretly recorded audio of Trump’s sister prompts new call for investigation into his admission to Penn

15837066740719.jpg

8/28/20
A professor at the University of Pennsylvania has renewed a request to investigate how President Trump was admitted to the school in 1966, citing what he called “new evidence” on secretly recorded tapes in which Trump’s sister says a friend took his entrance exam. The professor, Eric W. Orts, is one of six faculty members who asked Penn’s provost earlier this summer to launch an investigation into how Trump transferred into the school. He noted that the president’s niece, Mary Trump, wrote in her book published in July that the president paid someone to take his SATs. Orts, a professor of legal studies and business ethics at the Wharton School, said he contacted Pritchett after The Washington Post on Saturday published a story that included audio of conversations Mary Trump recorded in 2018 and 2019 with Maryanne Trump Barry, the president’s sister. In one tape, Barry said she did her brother’s homework for him and that “I drove him around New York City to try to get him into college.” She said Donald Trump “went to Fordham for one year [actually two years] and then he got into University of Pennsylvania because he had somebody take the exams.” Starting in 1964, Trump went to Fordham in New York City for his freshman and sophomore years and then transferred in 1966 to Penn’s undergraduate Wharton School of Finance. Trump has said that he was admitted to the “the hardest school to get into, the best school in the world,” calling it “super genius stuff.”

Trump has not released his own records. His former attorney, Michael Cohen, testified before Congress last year that Trump “directed me to threaten his high school, his colleges and the College Board to never release his grades or SAT scores.” Cohen cited a letter he wrote to Fordham in May 2015, shortly before Trump launched his presidential campaign, that threatened legal action if the school released any of Trump’s records. An investigation by The Post last year found that Trump’s claim that Wharton was the hardest school to enter was not substantiated. The Post reported last year that the Penn admissions official who interviewed Trump was a close friend of Fred Trump Jr., the brother of Donald Trump and father of Mary Trump. That former official, James Nolan, said that it wasn’t difficult to get into Penn at that time, with more than half of applicants granted admission and an even higher percentage of transfer students. By comparison, the admission rate last year to Penn was 7.7 percent. “It was not very difficult,” Nolan said last year about Trump’s admission in 1966, adding: “I certainly was not struck by any sense that I’m sitting before a genius.” Nolan, while stressing that he had no knowledge if someone else took Trump’s test, said it would have been easier decades ago for someone to take a test for another person.

Very few would be shocked to learn that Donald Trump used his father's connections (and money) to get admitted into college, and had a friend take his SAT exam.

Trump supportes will just claim this is all part of some giant conspiracy against the dear leader.

It doesn't matter to them how many investigations are started into Trump and how hard Trump fights to keep info that all other Presidents give out willingly secret.
Nothing matters any more, just Trump being above the law and being able to crush all oversight.

Trump supportes will just claim this is all part of some giant conspiracy against the dear leader.

It doesn't matter to them how many investigations are started into Trump and how hard Trump fights to keep info that all other Presidents give out willingly secret.
Nothing matters any more, just Trump being above the law and being able to crush all oversight.

"It doesn't matter to them how many investigations are started into Trump..."

That's totally true. It doesn't matter how many investigations there are into Trump or Sarah Palin or anyone else that the left chosen to attack through legal means. There can be a million completely frivolous, vindictive or purely harassing suits and it won't matter until one is found to have merit. It's a tactic we see from the left all the time. "Half a million ex federal such and such say Trump did XYZ" means nothing, legally. All it means is that you found a lot of people with no skin in the game to sign on to a letter that serves no purpose other than propaganda. The same applies to "Hands up, don't shoot" and "I can't breathe". Promoting false narratives is propaganda and continues to be propaganda no matter whether they are broadcast a million times and/or on the lips of the most popular propagandists on TV.

Here's one more thing about propaganda, eventually you start to piss off a bunch of the people you were trying to convince. People can be convinced at first but after a while of never seeing validation of the myriad claims they start to get skeptical. If the propaganda keeps up and, little by little, keeps getting exposed for what it is, people start to geet angry. They lose trust in the propagandists and their enthusiasm begins to wane. If things still continue they may start to feel like they are being taken for granted or being taken for fools and then they start to get pissed off.

"It doesn't matter to them how many investigations are started into Trump..."

That's totally true. It doesn't matter how many investigations there are into Trump or Sarah Palin or anyone else that the left chosen to attack through legal means. There can be a million completely frivolous, vindictive or purely harassing suits and it won't matter until one is found to have merit. It's a tactic we see from the left all the time. "Half a million ex federal such and such say Trump did XYZ" means nothing, legally. All it means is that you found a lot of people with no skin in the game to sign on to a letter that serves no purpose other than propaganda. The same applies to "Hands up, don't shoot" and "I can't breathe". Promoting false narratives is propaganda and continues to be propaganda no matter whether they are broadcast a million times and/or on the lips of the most popular propagandists on TV.

Here's one more thing about propaganda, eventually you start to piss off a bunch of the people you were trying to convince. People can be convinced at first but after a while of never seeing validation of the myriad claims they start to get skeptical. If the propaganda keeps up and, little by little, keeps getting exposed for what it is, people start to geet angry. They lose trust in the propagandists and their enthusiasm begins to wane. If things still continue they may start to feel like they are being taken for granted or being taken for fools and then they start to get pissed off.

When do you think that the near daily propaganda coming from inside this Administration will have this effect?

When do you think that the near daily propaganda coming from inside this Administration will have this effect?

I'd suggest that Trump has had more of his claims validated than the Democrats have. He was spied on. NATO was coming up short on their financial commitments. China was bending us over at the trade table, etc.

At this point the sheer number of investigations and timing is diminishing the value of them.

Those that enable and support Trump will continue to do so, those that dislike Trump will continue to do so.

Everyone else is like 'WTF, this is the best we have to pick from?'

When will the crack-smoking 0bama reveal his college transcripts?

When did you stop beating on your wife? What made you decide to stop?

Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot that incels don't marry....

Meh. This was over 50 years ago. Who really cares, at this point.

So you don't care that the President may have cheated his way to get into a school and is now completely blocking any scrutiny of his exam results?

No private company would accept a CEO who did such a thing so why do you accept that from a President?

So you don't care that the President may have cheated his way to get into a school and is now completely blocking any scrutiny of his exam results?

No private company would accept a CEO who did such a thing so why do you accept that from a President?

If you examine my posts, you'll find that I'm not a Trump supporter. I just believe that there are much bigger issues that need investigated.

If you examine my posts, you'll find that I'm not a Trump supporter. I just believe that there are much bigger issues that need investigated.

It just seems like an odd stance to take.
I fully agree that there are bigger things but I'd argue knowing he cheated to get into a school shows he's always been a crook.

It just seems like an odd stance to take.
I fully agree that there are bigger things but I'd argue knowing he cheated to get into a school shows he's always been a crook.

I think it's pretty obvious he's always been a crook.

I'd suggest that Trump has had more of his claims validated than the Democrats have. He was spied on. NATO was coming up short on their financial commitments. China was bending us over at the trade table, etc.

I suggest that you are falling for Trump's propaganda. Trump is not the victim he is the President and they get investigated. All of them. Trump was impeached because he committed criminal acts, his campaign was monitored because of infiltration by Russian spies, his statements are fact checked because that is the job of our press. There is no victimhood in any of that.

Last edited:
When did you stop beating on your wife? What made you decide to stop?

Oh wait, nevermind, I forgot that incels don't marry....

Gosh, stupid personal insult really convinces me.

Meh. This was over 50 years ago. Who really cares, at this point.

Because character is destiny. A cheater isn't willing to do the hard work, and lo and behold we get a guy who has simply abdicated the role of protecting the American people.

Because character is destiny. A cheater isn't willing to do the hard work, and lo and behold we get a guy who has simply abdicated the role of protecting the American people.

Yeah, we already know all of this.

Is it any more ridiculous than suggesting Obama is a crack smoker?

Obama has admitted in his autobiography "Dreams of My Father" using cocaine in high school and college.

Obama has admitted in his autobiography "Dreams of My Father" using cocaine in high school and college.

Everyone in America is and has been aware of this for some time. Again, suggesting that Obama is a crack smoker is not absurd?

Are you also one of those that also believe he is a Muslim and Michelle a trans?

You've been in denial of Trump®'s long and well known history, as a NY playboy and cocaine user for many years too. Plus he did that time before the debate with hillary, cuz she'd beaten him so mercilessly, remember? Good times!

Secretly recorded audio of Trump’s sister prompts new call for investigation into his admission to Penn

15837066740719.jpg

Very few would be shocked to learn that Donald Trump used his father's connections (and money) to get admitted into college, and had a friend take his SAT exam.

That would make so much sense. Penn, and Wharton in particular, are highly selective and competitive programs. Trump couldn't get past the first round in "are you smarter than a fifth grader".

Oh

That's just too funny.

Back
Top Bottom