• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California's Vanished Dream, by the Numbers

I would change leadership. I don't live in California but certainly ask what I am getting for my tax dollars if I did.

"Change leadership" isn't a solution; it's a political slogan.

What would a repub elected majority do to significantly reduce homelessness in Cali without simply shifting the problem to other states?

Bullshit, 5th largest world economy, liberal leadership, liberal economics, liberal results. This is what you want for the nation?

What is your obsession with claiming Cali should solve problems simply because they are the "5th largest..."? I agree assistance is needed but assuming money alone can solve problems is a fallacy.
Not with the same leadership

Cherry pick? California results aren't cherry picked, they lead the nation is the worst categories with the highest taxes and cost of living.

So many red states have the "worst catagories" in several negative areas...so round and round we go, you attack blue states cherry picked categories while ignoring education, happiness, infrastructure, tax contribution, obesity etc.

Your loyalty is evident. Prior projection noted.

Yes, I know, Trump and his personality. I voted for his policies and results, now we are paying or your decision to support Biden
Agreed. I won't lie. Trump's personality was a turnoff. I didn't like Hillary but Trump's "personality" (a kind way of saying he is an asshole) was a turnoff so Hillary got my vote.

After Trump won, I am embarrassed to admit now, but I wasn't all that upset when he won. I was curious.

Ultimately every policy of Trump's I agreed with he failed me on. Then when he, at the very least inspired an innsurection on the capital; I was appalled. Of course his capitulation to Putin on the world stage didn't help. Nor lying about how dangerous the corona virus was (Woodward tapes). I could go in.

You would have to be pretty loyal to support all that nonesense.

My deepest condolences to you and the other good people in Idaho.

I was hoping that Idaho could stay pristine and hidden from view.
I think it’s time to consider internal migration controls like the Soviet Union had.

Yep, California is the only state that's suffering from the "externalities" of industrialism, late-stage capitalism, neoliberalism, US militarism, etc, etc.

This Bastion of Blue liberalism is an example of poor Democrat Leadership for decades as the last time it had a GOP legislature was back in the 80's. Supporters can tout the beautiful beaches, mountains, and 5th largest economy IN THE WORLD but all that does is divert from the real results, poverty, homeless, high cost of living, high taxes, poor quality of life, pollution, wage gap and exodus of the people. Too many people living in a bubble oblivious to the reality of what is really happening in the state

Or is CA so successful that the failed must flee to a lesser area?

Yep, California is the only state that's suffering from the "externalities" of industrialism, late-stage capitalism, neoliberalism, US militarism, etc,

Without these things California would be a carbon copy of Venezuela. It’s only because of disproportionate influence that California profits from these things just enough to remain largely peaceful, albeit with high crime in urban areas.

California is a third world country by any objective measure.

Or is CA so successful that the failed must flee to a lesser area?
It’s largely the middle class who has left California. The poor and the rich have largely stayed, anc the gap between them grows wider every year.

Without these things California would be a carbon copy of Venezuela. It’s only because of disproportionate influence that California profits from these things just enough to remain largely peaceful, albeit with high crime in urban areas.

California is a third world country by any objective measure.

At least you had some good points on the Russia thing.

It’s largely the middle class who has left California. The poor and the rich have largely stayed, anc the gap between them grows wider every year.

So I was right. CA is thriving for the successful and welcoming for the unskilled. It is those that want to live above their skill level that are fleeing.
Good, let them go. They only drag down the state.

So I was right. CA is thriving for the successful and welcoming for the unskilled.
I don’t think the many impoverished living in California would agree with this. Most want to leave but don’t have houses with equity they can sell to get out.
It is those that want to live above their skill level that are fleeing.
That’s one way to look at it, I guess, the wrong way though.
Good, let them go. They only drag down the state.
Ok, that’s a lens of denial.

I think it’s time to consider internal migration controls like the Soviet Union had.
Seriously.

That may eventually happen.

When enough people get fed up with all this violent crime and when enough people get fed up with all this bickering over social and political policies.

In other words, safe zones for like-minded people.

Seems to be a win-win for everyone!

Because, that’s why.
So you want high taxes, high cost of living, gov't control, huge wage gap, every social program that exists, large homeless, illegals, pollution because of beautiful beaches, mountains, and weather?

I was talking about economic results not red or blue although California hasn't had a Republican legislature since the 60's
The Republicans very briefly had a one seat hold on the state assembly in the 90s.

However California did have a succession of very successful Republican governors. Like Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, and George Deukmejian.

The Republicans very briefly had a one seat hold on the state assembly in the 90s.

However California did have a succession of very successful Republican governors. Like Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, and George Deukmejian.
A

Agree but the Legislature still makes the laws and like you pointed out that has been predominantly Democrat

So you want high taxes, high cost of living, gov't control, huge wage gap, every social program that exists, large homeless, illegals, pollution because of beautiful beaches, mountains, and weather?
I’d like to see how it would be if y’all would take your stinky ideology somewhere else.

I’d like to see how it would be if y’all would take your stinky ideology somewhere else.

You mean an ideology that promotes personal responsibility where people not gov't make decisions based upon their own needs? You mean keeping more of what you earn is a problem? My "stinky" ideology is what our Founders created, maybe it is truly your ideology that is stinky if you actually looked at the results?

Any idea what people living below the poverty line in say Miss and do vs what those below the poverty line in a rich blue state, say California can do? More spendable income because of lower taxes benefits people and you cannot seem to grasp that reality.

I don’t think the many impoverished living in California would agree with this. Most want to leave but don’t have houses with equity they can sell to get out.

That’s one way to look at it, I guess, the wrong way though.

Ok, that’s a lens of denial.

In fact, dispute me.

You mean an ideology that promotes personal responsibility where people not gov't make decisions based upon their own needs? You mean keeping more of what you earn is a problem? My "stinky" ideology is what our Founders created, maybe it is truly your ideology that is stinky if you actually looked at the results?

Any idea what people living below the poverty line in say Miss and do vs what those below the poverty line in a rich blue state, say California can do? More spendable income because of lower taxes benefits people and you cannot seem to grasp that reality.
Same shit, different day from you.

Always wrong. Always certain you aren’t.

Same shit, different day from you.

Always wrong. Always certain you aren’t.
Obviously the way cult followers debate, ignore the results and stick to the message. Waiting for you to explain why you want the country to be like California?

Obviously the way cult followers debate, ignore the results and stick to the message. Waiting for you to explain why you want the country to be like California?
Who said that? I just want y’all and your toxic ideology somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom