• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California's budget surplus has exploded to $68B

It's called economic success something that is lost to the right lately. They are focused on growing the Govt. and mooching off it.

Cupp: GOP governor is the biggest big government proponent this side of​

Trump

You won’t get any argument from me that many republicants are for the expansion of government power and expense.

This is a particularly bizarre sour grapes argument. There isn't state in the union that wouldn't be proud to be turning a profit rather than drowning in debt. This is nothing more than jealousy of the most successful state in the country (well, if not for the unfortunate climate change problem, which isn't its fault).

I suspect that jealousy goes to the individual level, at time too.

How many claim California, NY, Chicago, Boston, are 'too expensive'. Well, maybe some of them they really mean, "California's too expensive for me!". It may be too expensive for them, but not for the masses that live there!

Last edited:
Last time I saw a story like this California got humiliated when it was revealed that they left out the tally the cost of the bloated pay and retirement benefits of it's state employees. Nice Try.

Assertation are worthless, without evidence. If you can prove it, put up. Otherwise, don't cloud the discussion.

In SoCal just driving in LA you can see the shit storm that was created by « THEIR » leftist policies. Hell, you can go to redondo beach, Venice beach, Torrance, Long Beach, Anaheim, etc etc…anything got better ? We not even talking about the BS in NorCal…
Adam Carolla who also grew up in L.A. explained it the best when he said everything seemed to take the worse turn about the time in mid '80s when Cal Trans started installing barbed wire on freeway signs to deter vandals. Mid 80s being 15 years after the USA changed our immigration policy.

Lots of nice places in SoCal, but lots more that are not anywhere as nice as they were 30-40 years ago.

Can we finally bury the SALT issue, now?

"California's going broke", "Chicago's a ****hole", and "NY's going to collapse under crime".

Yet when you compare the desirability of these cities in terms of real-estate prices & cost-of-living, they rank higher than nearly all the Red-GOP areas.

People vote with their dollars; free-markets don't lie.

I suspect that jealousy goes to the individual level, at time too.

How many claim California, NY, Chicago, Boston, are 'too expensive'. Well, maybe some of them the really mean, "California's too expensive for me!". It may be too expensive for them, but not for the masses that live there!

Hmm… that must explain California’s growing homeless popualtion.

Brother, I live in California, born and raised here. And if we are doing so great, then why are the streets of our cities full of vagrant drug camps. You can't drive 100 yards on our freeways near large cities without seeing tons of graffiti. Crime is out of control, especially petty crime. We have the highest gas prices in the nation, our power grid is constantly on the verge of collapse. Sacramento law makers whine about drought and lack of water, but then allow trillions of gallons of water to go out into the ocean for fear upsetting some snails or fish.

Everybody keeps saying the above, the great economic & social collapse, yet it never seems to happen. Real estate prices & cost-of-living continue to go through the roof. Free-markets don't lie.

The best thing about California is the weather and the natural wonders of the coastline, mountains, and deserts. The worst thing about California is the very liberal law makers you are seemingly congratulating here.

Apparently, without disparaging your opinion, Californians don't seem to mind, as they vote for it over & over. and real-estate & cost of living keep going up!

The way you need to look at it is how much better might the 5th largest economy in the world be if our state was not wasting time on stupid legisislation rather than allowing business and the people to be all we could be? People are leaving this state in droves, and guess who is replacing them? 1) very wealthy Chinese backed by China buying everything up. 2) all the homeless from accross the country, 3) illegal aliens who are living 2-3 families per house so they can afford it.

Like I said, if Californians continue voting for it, and residents keep paying higher real estate prices and costs of living, it obviously says something about residents wanting to continue the path.

--

I say this with no avarice, but perhaps if you're unhappy there, California may not be the place for you? You may be happy, elsewhere. No sense in being unhappy. I moved when the time had come, though it was a very short move! Best thing I ever did. I like it so much, I'm consider doing it again. (for even more land!)

Last edited:
Hmm… that must explain California’s growing homeless popualtion.

I suspect it does.

Very high housing prices + temperate weather + urban environment + tolerant government, will do that!

Assertation are worthless, without evidence. If you can prove it, put up. Otherwise, don't cloud the discussion.
Your link doesn't provide a list of what is and is not included in this budget analyses, please provide one. If you can not, have some self respect and integrity and take this thread down.

Everybody keeps saying the above, the great economic & social collapse, yet it never seems to happen. Real estate prices & cost-of-living continue to go through the roof. Free-markets don't lie.

Apparently, without disparaging your opinion, Californians don't seem to mind, as they vote for it over & over. and real-estate & cost of living keep going up!

Like I said, if Californians continue voting for it, and residents keep paying higher real estate prices and costs of living, it obviously says something about residents wanting to continue the path.

I say this with no avarice, but perhaps if you're so unhappy there California is not the place for you? You may be happy, elsewhere. No sense in being unhappy. I moved when the time had come, though it was a very short move! Best thing I ever did. I like it so much, I'm consider doing it again (for even more land!).
"Californians don't seem to mind, as they vote for it over & over".

Are you sure about that?

California is one of several Blue States where Illegal Alien's are registered to vote when the get a drivers license. On top of that almost everyone gets to vote by mail in ballots without showing an ID.

Fun Fact: for the last few decades Pelosi, Kameltoe Harris, Feinstein have had ridiculously low local poll numbers that indicate that they should have never been re-elected, yet they were. How is that?

--

Hello, what's this? Record setting budget surplus? From California?

For whatever reason, California seems to often be a punching bag for Republicans & Conservatives, who claim California is everything wrong with America.

However, it would seem in terms of balancing their budget - California may be among the best in the nation.

It looks like the continuous stories of California going broke, are just that - stories!

This can't be right. Righties have told us that California is going to collapse any day now...any day now...

I suspect it does.

Very high housing prices + temperate weather + urban environment + tolerant government, will do that!
Yeah, people freeze to death in Detroit. Hard to be homeless here

--

Hello, what's this? Record setting budget surplus? From California?

For whatever reason, California seems to often be a punching bag for Republicans & Conservatives, who claim California is everything wrong with America.

However, it would seem in terms of balancing their budget - California may be among the best in the nation.

It looks like the continuous stories of California going broke, are just that - stories!

How much did they get from the federal government in the big COVID funding bills? Lots and lots of states are running big surpluses because of that. They haven't spent it all yet.

This can't be right. Righties have told us that California is going to collapse any day now...any day now...
That it's part of the US is the reason that California is not another Venezuela with every county north of Sacramento and east of Riverside succeeding.

That it's part of the US is the reason that California is not another Venezuela with every county north of Sacramento and east of Riverside succeeding.

Of course LA and the Bay Area don't carry the economy of California.

/s

sort of like how CNN would bb off air in 5 minuets if not owned by mega-coroprations like AT&T

Your link doesn't provide a list of what is and is not included in this budget analyses, please provide one. If you can not, have some self respect and integrity and take this thread down.
lol

Back
Top Bottom