• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California will turn Red by 2032.

California is going to turn Red by 2032, and before you laugh, allow me to explain why. Up to this point, California has had tech dominance, which has really driven the economy. Despite this and maybe because of this as well, California has huge portions of people in tough conditions such as homelessness. So Californians have put Progressive extremists into office with the people in tough conditions hoping for government help and the techies doing well hoping to push government social policies. These Progressives have put huge regulatory burdens on the state of California. This is all about to change.

What we are starting to see now is that California is no longer going to have this dominance on technology. The people of California and the government to some extent has already started turning away from blind support of tech companies. Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg have been under a ton of scrutiny, being blamed for Hillary's loss. And frankly, tech companies are going to find that they can make more money by moving to less regulated areas. Amazon is already looking for a place to put another headquarters, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Most people don't realize that California went Red as recently as 1988, and up until 1992, California was confidently Red outside of 1964. You can go all the way back to the early 1950's where California was going confidently Red. There is still a lot of Republican support in California. Hillary Clinton only got 61.6% of the vote. So to think that California could flip back Republican is not that far-fetched. And once the tech companies start moving out, California is going to go through a lot of pain, that's going to create a lot of skepticism of Progressive extremism, and that's going to flip California Red. For those laughing, you can laugh, but just watch and learn.

I think it will just solidify the blue.

That seems like a wild exaggeration.

My guess is that the Republicans will run on the fumes of White Tears and gerrymandering for another decade or so, and will have to realign when the white male cohort is no longer sufficient to win in the suburbs. Since the party will still be entrenched, they will realign somehow rather than die outright.

If the midterms are indicative, the GOP is just about done in the 'burbs. Trumpism has accelerated the exodus, and the GOP seems determined to ride Trumpism into the sunset.

Don't look for Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio to save Trump in 2020.

The Trump trade wars are hurting industry chains and agriculture exports in these states.

California is going to turn Red by 2032, and before you laugh, allow me to explain why. Up to this point, California has had tech dominance, which has really driven the economy. Despite this and maybe because of this as well, California has huge portions of people in tough conditions such as homelessness. So Californians have put Progressive extremists into office with the people in tough conditions hoping for government help and the techies doing well hoping to push government social policies. These Progressives have put huge regulatory burdens on the state of California. This is all about to change.

What we are starting to see now is that California is no longer going to have this dominance on technology. The people of California and the government to some extent has already started turning away from blind support of tech companies. Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg have been under a ton of scrutiny, being blamed for Hillary's loss. And frankly, tech companies are going to find that they can make more money by moving to less regulated areas. Amazon is already looking for a place to put another headquarters, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Most people don't realize that California went Red as recently as 1988, and up until 1992, California was confidently Red outside of 1964. You can go all the way back to the early 1950's where California was going confidently Red. There is still a lot of Republican support in California. Hillary Clinton only got 61.6% of the vote. So to think that California could flip back Republican is not that far-fetched. And once the tech companies start moving out, California is going to go through a lot of pain, that's going to create a lot of skepticism of Progressive extremism, and that's going to flip California Red. For those laughing, you can laugh, but just watch and learn.

You're forgetting one major part of the equation. The liberal doctrine states that when you adopt a liberal policy and it doesn't work, or backfires, the reason is because you didn't go far enough. So, when a liberal policy fails, the solution is to double down on whatever didn't work and when that fails you double down on it again. They believe that if you keep on doubling down on something that doesn't work, eventually it will work. It's a lot like gambling. When you bet and lose your money, you just bet double or nothing and then when you lose that bet too you just bet double or nothing again and you keep on going until you win. This is the liberal doctrine. In other words, California will be blue for a very long time.

Even Californians after the fog of Marijuana smoke clears the air when someone opens a window can still add 2+2 and come up with 4! They know the feckless policies that have been adopted by the left from climate change, tree huggers, sanctuary cities and feckless immigration policies has thrown them into high taxation, high cost of housing, set them up for massive wildfire devastation, and an overwhelming of people addicted to drugs sprawled out on their streets with their used needles. They are also seeing people in an Exodus for years leave with their companies because of the taxes and regulations of doing business in that state.

I am old enough to remember when California was red. It would nice to live long enough to see it turn red once again. It is a beautiful state that is being destroyed by leftist policies.

Nah. CA isn't being destroyed by any leftist policies. It'a fine, blue state and life is great here.

Good thing you're not here, though. You'd hate it.

I don't see it, unless the republican party also abandons a large portion of its talking points and shifts more toward libertarian-left, which seems unlikely. Progressive culture is only becoming more entrenched there. I do agree that it will eventually lose its crown as the reigning tech hub, but I can't see this turning the state red in the next 30 years without a major redefinition of what conservative means. More likely to me is that tech companies will drift gradually toward the red, and Californians won't be sad to see them go.

Nah. CA isn't being destroyed by any leftist policies. It'a fine, blue state and life is great here.

California has some of the least freedom, most violence, most homeless, highest housing rates, etc.

Even Californians after the fog of Marijuana smoke clears the air when someone opens a window can still add 2+2 and come up with 4! They know the feckless policies that have been adopted by the left from climate change, tree huggers, sanctuary cities and feckless immigration policies has thrown them into high taxation, high cost of housing, set them up for massive wildfire devastation, and an overwhelming of people addicted to drugs sprawled out on their streets with their used needles. They are also seeing people in an Exodus for years leave with their companies because of the taxes and regulations of doing business in that state.

I am old enough to remember when California was red. It would nice to live long enough to see it turn red once again. It is a beautiful state that is being destroyed by leftist policies.
Those "feckless policies" turned a $27 billion deficit into a $9 billion surplus.

Housing costs are high because of the enormous economic successes in California, especially in the tech sector. Unfortunately the benefits are highly concentrated, but there isn't much the state can do about that -- especially since the public eviscerated CA's property tax system 40 years ago.

California's population is still rising, by the way. People aren't leaving because of regulation, they are leaving because of housing costs. Amusingly enough, they tend to carry their political views with them, which are "bluing up" states like Colorado.

Blaming wildfires on the state is downright idiotic, especially since 60% of forest acreage in CA is managed by the federal government.

Since you missed it, the drug epidemic is mostly hitting the Rust Belt and other Western states. California is doing OK. It sounds like you are confusing homelessness with drug addiction, which is incorrect. Homelessness in CA is mostly connected with the high cost of living.

Nah. I'm totally free here, not really affected by any violence and can easily afford the housing.

Life here is great.

Totally free? So there are no regulations on creating companies, owning guns, or anything else? lol

California is Mexifornia in voting. It will stay very blue UNLESS American Latinos can stop thinking of themselves as Mexicans or their other home country and start thinking of themselves as Americans - the way few white people think of themselves as English, Germany, Irish, Polish, Italian or whatever other country is in their ancestry.

The Democratic Party does all it can to convince Latinos that even if born here or even of multi-generation Americans they will still always be Mexicans. The entire history of the Democratic Party is about selling racism and social divisions for which they are experts at marketing such race, ethnic and social division hatred and identity.

Don't look for Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio to save Trump in 2020.

The Trump trade wars are hurting industry chains and agriculture exports in these states.

I expect Wisconsin, Michigan, and Penn to go back blue in 2020...Ohio stays red...They do have a thing for Sherrod Brown but its turning more red than purple.

California is Mexifornia in voting. It will stay very blue UNLESS American Latinos can stop thinking of themselves as Mexicans or their other home country and start thinking of themselves as Americans - the way few white people think of themselves as English, Germany, Irish, Polish, Italian or whatever other country is in their ancestry.

The Democratic Party does all it can to convince Latinos that even if born here or even of multi-generation Americans they will still always be Mexicans. The entire history of the Democratic Party is about selling racism and social divisions for which they are experts at marketing such race, ethnic and social division hatred and identity.
News flash! The vast majority of Hispanics in the US do see themselves as American. While they are proud of their heritage (97%), a very high percentage are proud to be American (84%). The overwhelming majority of Hispanic immigrants would still move to the US (70%). (See Pew survey linked below)

The Republican party has had years to appeal to Hispanics; Bush 43, for example, did fairly well, capturing 40% of the Hispanic vote, and the 2012 autopsy also pushed for the Republican party to try and expand its appeal to minorities. They've basically blown it over the immigration issue. Californians saw this with Wilson and Prop 187; nationally, they're seeing it with Trump. Instead of blaming Democrats for those failures, Republicans should be looking in the mirror.

I might add that your characterization of Democratic overtures to Hispanics is rather ludicrous. Hispanics are assimilating, pretty much at the same rate as every other immigrant community throughout US history. Democrats are not discouraging assimilation, what they're doing is trying to appeal to a highly diverse community by encouraging minorities to run for office, and by touting policies they think will appeal to Hispanics -- without demanding that those different nationalities whitewash their heritages. (Sometimes they're correct about the appeal, sometimes they aren't.) They also aren't using dog whistles about "evil immigrants" to slag millions of people based on the color of their skin.

Those English, German, Irish, Polish, Italian groups only seem more assimilated to you because they've lived in the US for several generations, are less targeted for discrimination than in the past... and, of course, because they are now perceived as "white." (That wasn't always the case.) Immigrants from those nations were every bit as vilified in the 20th century as Hispanics are today.

If you are genuinely interested in getting a glimpse of the political and electoral views of Hispanics in the US, Pew published an excellent report in October:
Many Latinos Blame Trump Administration for Worsening Situation of Hispanics | Pew Research Center

Meanwhile, the state burns down. People can't breathe. There isn't enough water. Homelessness runs rampant. The "living wage" is over $100,00 per year, and they suffer from an outflux of residents and an influx of illegals who go on the government dole and contribute to crime rates. Yeah, makes me want to move there.

Those "feckless policies" turned a $27 billion deficit into a $9 billion surplus.

Then they should be able to take care of the homeless and decrease tax rates on the working poor.

There are such regulations in every state.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Actually, regulations are different in each state. You are trying way too hard to convince me your life is great. That's all that makes one wonder.

Then they should be able to take care of the homeless and decrease tax rates on the working poor.
If you have an easy fix for homelessness, I'm sure Newsom will be all ears.

Actually, regulations are different in each state. You are trying way too hard to convince me your life is great. That's all that makes one wonder.

I never claimed their not different in each state. Please keep wondering.

Meanwhile, the state burns down. People can't breathe. There isn't enough water. Homelessness runs rampant. The "living wage" is over $100,00 per year, and they suffer from an outflux of residents and an influx of illegals who go on the government dole and contribute to crime rates. Yeah, makes me want to move there.

Please don't move here. Life's great, and I wouldn't want to waste that on someone as miserably unhappy as you appear to be.

Meanwhile, the state burns down. People can't breathe. There isn't enough water.
Yeah, that's actually because of climate change. There's only so much the government of California can do about that.

By the way, those crazy environmental laws cleaned up huge amounts of pollution. Wasn't it just great when Los Angeles was routinely overwhelmed by smog? Good times, good times....

The "living wage" is over $100,00 per year....
Both wages and the cost of living are high. That's kind of how economics works.

...they suffer from an outflux of residents and an influx of illegals who go on the government dole and contribute to crime rates.
sigh

There is no "government dole" in the US. TANF is now workfare, it's temporary, and few people use it. Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for Social Security (which isn't a "dole" anyway) or food stamps (which are a supplement, and don't even provide for a subsistence diet). Immigrants (documented and non) commit crime at lower rates than native-born Americans.

Meanwhile, as noted, CA went from a $27 billion deficit under Schwarzenegger (a nominal Republican) to a $9 billion surplus under Brown (definitely Democrat). It's a powerhouse of entrepreneurship, technology, entertainment, venture capital, and agriculture.

High taxes and high demand for real estate is exacerbated by Californians themselves, who voted to cap property taxes in 1978, and refuse to rescind that referendum.

As to those emigrees? They tend to turn their new states purple, and demand more services. Good news, yeah?

But hey, why let a pesky thing like facts stop your rant? ;)

If you have an easy fix for homelessness, I'm sure Newsom will be all ears.

But but but it is LIBERALS who have all the ideas on social issues. It's actually quite simple. Take the 900 billion dollar surplus and tax high earners to death with a 90% tax to help the homeless. Buy them all housing and give them all welfare checks.

Please don't move here. Life's great, and I wouldn't want to waste that on someone as miserably unhappy as you appear to be.

I would be miserably unhappy in liberalland. So, don't worry. You couldn't pay me to live there. I would rather live in Mississippi. I spent the first 21 years of my life in New York State and couldn't wait to get out. Good riddance.

Yeah, that's actually because of climate change. There's only so much the government of California can do about that.

By the way, those crazy environmental laws cleaned up huge amounts of pollution. Wasn't it just great when Los Angeles was routinely overwhelmed by smog? Good times, good times....

Both wages and the cost of living are high. That's kind of how economics works.

sigh

There is no "government dole" in the US. TANF is now workfare, it's temporary, and few people use it. Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for Social Security (which isn't a "dole" anyway) or food stamps (which are a supplement, and don't even provide for a subsistence diet). Immigrants (documented and non) commit crime at lower rates than native-born Americans.

Meanwhile, as noted, CA went from a $27 billion deficit under Schwarzenegger (a nominal Republican) to a $9 billion surplus under Brown (definitely Democrat). It's a powerhouse of entrepreneurship, technology, entertainment, venture capital, and agriculture.

High taxes and high demand for real estate is exacerbated by Californians themselves, who voted to cap property taxes in 1978, and refuse to rescind that referendum.

As to those emigrees? They tend to turn their new states purple, and demand more services. Good news, yeah?

But hey, why let a pesky thing like facts stop your rant? ;)

Climate change???????? LOL. That's funny. You mean liberal California can't fight their own climate? Just outlaw all emissions from every business, etc etc. Hell, they are bordered by the ocean and other blue states.

I never claimed their not different in each state. Please keep wondering.

And you don't realize how laws being different in each state completely destroys your argument?

Back
Top Bottom