• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California wildfires: Death toll sets record as Santa Ana winds continue

In retrospect, if he had known that the Campe fire would be the deadliest in CA.'s history I doubt he would have started in with his politicizing. I am not making excuses for him either... At the time of his tweet, he should have not said anything but offer unconditional support for the missing and the suffering families of these fires.

I didn't like it when Obama did it after mass gun tragedies, and don't misunderstand me here, I don't defend it now.

I live in CA. and live in an area where there is a red flag warning. We have another 24 hours of low humidity, averaging around 7% throughout the day, 25 mph winds, and gusts to 46mph in my area.
This is no joke...

Even if trump knew how devastating these fires were - he would STILL tweet absolutely insensitive and stupid comments. He has ZERO morals.

Even if trump knew how devastating these fires were - he would STILL tweet absolutely insensitive and stupid comments. He has ZERO morals.
You blame the President like your Pravda tells you too. See where you’ve set yourself? The cal fires are so severe because the past aquifers have been drain from past agriculture practices. Never to have been replenished. The population there have gone from subsistence gathering to domination. They were told it would never work. So good riddance.

There is no mystery here, the reasons we are getting these huge uncontrollable burns worse that we need to given all of the dead trees from the drought and then the follow on problems such as out of control bark beetles are well known. Part of it is that people have been allowed to build and often not build very well where they should not be, the lands around the structures have too much fuel because of bad practices, we dont do anywhere near as much logging as we need to do to keep the forest healthy, we dont burn as much biomass for electricity as we used to, we dont do enough mechanical strip clearing in a systematic way to provide preset fire brakes because it is expensive and people dont like how it looks, we dont do enough burns to clear out fuel because people dont like the smoke and now would yell "GLOBAL WARMING!" at their politicians who allowed it, we dont keep the trees around power lines properly cut back because of costs and power company negligence, Cal Fire always puts out fires ASAP instead of letting them burn so more fuel builds up, in both state and federal agencies Forest health projects keep getting raided for firefighting so the budgets are shrinking and are unstable, the warning systems and prudent citizen advice/direction has long be very sub-par because of bureaucratic bungling. inter-agency cooperation has long been poor because of bungling, efforts that need to take place in Washington rarely to never happen because of lack of interest and because Washington is generally a very broken down corrupt place where just about none of the work that needs to get done ever gets done blah blah blah.

What is wrong is known, when we are going to decide to be better is not....we have a guy at DP who claims to be a 30 year experienced expert who told me the other day (Yesterday?) that the experts know what to do, it is the poor quality work from the politicians that is the problem....that is my message as well.

Thanks. That clears up things.

Back
Top Bottom