• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California weed woes

Since you live in a taker state, why don't you just say thank you CA for keeping my taxes lower and my services higher than they would be without you?

Or you should be concerned How Californians get a double whammy?

So not only does Californians get bent over by the state of Calif in state taxes, they're paying for everyone else?

No wonder so many doers are fleeing the state?

And just how extensive is the black market for home brew booze - not stolen, but home brew?

Exactly.

There will be ongoing problems until it is legal federally and at least a very strong majority of states. There will always be a black market as long as there are places where it cannot be sold legally.

Know the best way to do it? The way MA did: legal pot shops, and if you follow a few easy-to-follow rules, an individual can grow 6 plants, making 12 for a household. If you use auto-flowering plants, which are generally harvestable 9-12 weeks after sprouting, you can grow far more than you'll ever use. If you ever need to buy anything, it'll be edibles unless you're into making those yourself as well.
I am amused at the responses from the left who typically ignore the heavy taxation while at the same time pushing for government to be in control of other industries. Here we have a State government who does nothing getting a rake of about 30%And this is just fine with the libbies. Why? This is what they want for all America.

You mean Idaho sets Fed Law?

I didn't know that
No, I mean CA subsidizes your state with cash we pay in taxes. Say thank you (or raise your taxes/cut your services).

Or you should be concerned How Californians get a double whammy?

So not only does Californians get bent over by the state of Calif in state taxes, they're paying for everyone else?

No wonder so many doers are fleeing the state?
CA pays closer to what all Americans should pay. Notice the national debt?

CA pays closer to what all Americans should pay. Notice the national debt?

That doesn't mean we are not being taxed high enough, comrade, it means the stupid government is spending too much.
"California was not a part of this nation when it's history began, but we are clearly now the keeper of its future." CA Rising

LOL, massive inequality, massive homelessness, sky-high taxes, rolling blackouts, and people shitting in the streets. If California is the future, then we're in deep trouble.

That doesn't mean we are not being taxed high enough, comrade, it means the stupid government is spending too much.

LOL, massive inequality, massive homelessness, sky-high taxes, rolling blackouts, and people shitting in the streets. If California is the future, then we're in deep trouble.
That's the difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives always cry 'too many taxes' yet we never see them willing to give up services. Liberals want more services, but we recognize that we have to pay for them. Liberals also recognize there are less fortunate people that need our support. Conservatives are out for themselves.

That's the difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives always cry 'too many taxes' yet we never see them willing to give up services.

I'm more than willing to give up "services", if that's what you want to call them.
Conservatives are out for themselves.

Everybody is out for themselves, including you.

Haven't seen your state work on that. Why don't you start by giving back some federal highway funds?

...and you don't know shinola about me.

Yes, the brand I buy right now is made by a company called, "Double Delicious". I buy their RSO tankers. They come in sativas, hybrid, or indica. The indica strain they're selling now at my local store is ok, it's called, "Presidential KUSH". My favorite indica strain from them is called, "Northern Lights". They haven't turned out a batch of that for awhile :(

Well, I won't be trying it for a while. Looked it up on Leafy and got this " Currently not listed on a store menu within 100 miles.'

No, I mean CA subsidizes your state with cash we pay in taxes. Say thank you (or raise your taxes/cut your services).

No, I mean CA subsidizes your state with cash we pay in taxes.

First, How many Dems are responsible for just that?(WINK)

2nd, Calif has more on Medicaid than any other state. And tell us who helps states with Medicaid?

Yep

Then pray tell why so many Californians leave?

Details..... details!
Maybe because they want their vote for president to be worth more than it is in CA? In CA we get one EC vote for each 718,000 votes, in ID the number is only 447,000. Does that seem right to you? People leave, people arrive, people die, people are born, CA population continues to grow. A conservative says "Details..." about the National Debt? Another example of situational ideology?

First, How many Dems are responsible for just that?(WINK)

2nd, Calif has more on Medicaid than any other state. And tell us who helps states with Medicaid?

Yep
The Feds help pay for it. We still send more money to DC than we get in Federal benefits.

Illegal sellers will ALWAYS undercut legal sellers. It happens in all areas of commerce. The illegal sellers won't just disappear.

I'm not sure why it should be a surprise. The folks who were willing to risk jail to get high before will probably still risk jail to be high more cheaply.
Same sort of 'liberal logic' they've applied to gun laws and regulations, and much to the same result. Liberal public policies seem to be trending to disasters.

Like home grown weed, you get better quality eggs. Veggies and fresh chicken.

A chicken is unbelievable when it was just running around your feet 20 minutes before it hits the grill...

Back
Top Bottom