• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

California To Legalize Hemp: Link To Action

SouthernDemocrat said:
I would like to see one example of any automobile accident that resulted from pot alone. Other than someone dropping a joint on their foot or something, I can’t see it happening.

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/cgi-bin/ppo-healthfam?healthfamwhat=10-30-03-healthfam.dat

Finally, marijuana is harder on your lungs than cigarettes. However, that is just comparing an individual joint to an individual cigarette. Smokers tend to smoke 2 packs a day or more regularly. Do you know of anyone who regularly smokes 40 joints a day?
You don't need to to smoke 40 joints a day
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html
http://www.gdcada.org/statistics/marijuana.htm
Look I don’t smok

e pot. I did when I was younger, but was never that big on it.

I used to be a major pothead too when I was younger.Do you know what a gravity bong is?

UPDATE ON BILL IN CALI

LINK HERE

""SACRAMENTO, CA — California business leaders and farmers are celebrating today’s passage of AB 1147, which clarifies that the cultivation of industrial hemp is legal on the condition it contains no more than three tenths of one percent (0.3%) tetrahydro-cannabinol (THC). AB 1147 passed with a clear majority of 44 votes in favor and 32 against, and the bill now goes to the Senate for consideration. Final passage of AB 1147 could revitalize commercial industrial hemp farming, which occurred in the state up until shortly after World War II."

If AB 1147 now passes the Senate and is signed by the governor, California will join the six other states that currently have laws removing barriers to industrial hemp production or research (including Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia). To date, twenty-six state legislatures have considered industrial hemp legislation and fourteen have passed laws or resolutions, including the California Assembly which in 1999 passed a resolution declaring that “the Legislature should consider action to revise the legal status of industrial hemp to allow for its growth in California as an agricultural and industrial crop.”

AB 1147 would not conflict with or be pre-empted by federal law, nor would it interfere with the enforcement of marijuana laws. It would only allow farmers to produce the parts of the plant that are already legal to import under state and federal law: industrial hemp seed (and oil), fiber and woody core (hurds)."

With Hemps proven properties as a source of Bio Deisel has America started to solve our energy crisis?

KMS

Anyone ever heard of someone dying from a THC overdose? I know I haven't. I never cared much for weed, but I know the government would make a pretty penny by legalizing and taxing it. If alcohol is legal, which people do die from having too much, why not weed? I would much rather have pot heads on the road then drunks. I have seen many pot heads driving and it's some slow driving.

Back
Top Bottom