• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California to Begin Providing Health Insurance for Adult Illegal Immigrants in 2020

And I'll probably catch flack, but I'm against giving government benefits to those here illegally. I'm strongly against illegal immigration. Come here and join us in a proper oath to the Constitution, and I will call you my fellow brother and stand alongside you to fight for your rights. Come here by scamming us, and I will call you an interloper and push you aside.

I have very good reason for the way I feel: I have a lifetime of strong real-life associations with those that came here legally. And they feel the same way I do. It is in part out of respect for them, that I have this opinion. Closely watch an immigrant go through the long torturous maze of becoming a naturalized citizen, and you will never feel cavalier about illegal immigration again.

I entirely agree with you and I have witnessed similar things.

Besides, giving health insurance to illegal aliens is extremely boneheaded, as it will inevitably result in "medical tourism" or in this case "medical illegal entry" with people who suffer from conditions that are expensive to care for and are not assisted in their own country, flocking to the United States illegally to benefit from this generosity, which is entirely unknown of in the entire developed world.

The California state govt. acts more like real Christians than the Bible Belt area of the USA.

It acts more like Santa Claus than an actual state government.

On 2nd thought, make that Robin Hood.

I entirely agree with you and I have witnessed similar things.

Besides, giving health insurance to illegal aliens is extremely boneheaded, as it will inevitably result in "medical tourism" or in this case "medical illegal entry" with people who suffer from conditions that are expensive to care for and are not assisted in their own country, flocking to the United States illegally to benefit from this generosity, which is entirely unknown of in the entire developed world.
Thanks. And I will now agree with your post, in turn. :thumbs:

My city has an extremely large county medical facility that will not refuse anyone regardless of reason, and will usually underwrite all the costs. Being in a large & diverse world-class city with a large immigrant population, the hospital did indeed suffer a great deal of medical tourism just as you surmised. Enough so, that they had to modify their policies recently! So yes, what you claim is indeed real.

But regardless of insurance status for regular or chronic conditions, E.R.'s in my area will serve anyone that comes in. I can't really fault that, though. I wouldn't want any fellow human being to be denied assistance during a medical emergency.

The Golden State has provided free health insurance for minor illegal immigrants, but starting on January 1, 2020, will cover adults up to 25 years old. Conservatives warned that Democrats would eventually demand tax payers to pick up the bill for covering adult illegal immigrant, which Dems denied.

4/5 of America's homeless population lives in California. Our governor hasn't done anything meaningful to address that issue, but he's willing to commit to buying health insurance for adult illegals. Many Californians feel that Newsom and the Democratic leadership in this state only care about illegal immigrants and tech companies. Everyone else is ignored.

We need unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed to help out the homeless.

And I'll probably catch flack, but I'm against giving government benefits to those here illegally. I'm strongly against illegal immigration. Come here and join us in a proper oath to the Constitution, and I will call you my fellow brother and stand alongside you to fight for your rights. Come here by scamming us, and I will call you an interloper and push you aside.

I have very good reason for the way I feel: I have a lifetime of strong real-life associations with those that came here legally. And they feel the same way I do. It is in part out of respect for them, that I have this opinion. Closely watch an immigrant go through the long torturous maze of becoming a naturalized citizen, and you will never feel cavalier about illegal immigration again.

Ellis Island used to be open.

Thanks. And I will now agree with your post, in turn. :thumbs:

My city has an extremely large county medical facility that will not refuse anyone regardless of reason, and will usually underwrite all the costs. Being in a large & diverse world-class city with a large immigrant population, the hospital did indeed suffer a great deal of medical tourism just as you surmised. Enough so, that they had to modify their policies recently! So yes, what you claim is indeed real.

But regardless of insurance status for regular or chronic conditions, E.R.'s in my area will serve anyone that comes in. I can't really fault that, though. I wouldn't want any fellow human being to be denied assistance during a medical emergency.

Yes, countries like France and Italy provide free emergency medical care to illegal aliens on humanitarian bases, but once they're patched up and the emergency is over, they are kicked out. Other developed countries don't offer non-emergency (or in medical jargon, elective) care to illegal aliens, on their tax payers' tab. When I say this here people misunderstand "elective" as some sort of cosmetic surgery. It's not that. In medical jargon, elective is any procedure that is not an emergency or urgency. People confound elective with medically unnecessary. No, elective care includes everything else, and 95% of the medical expenses in the United States are for elective care; only 5% for emergency care.

So the problem is, if you insure the illegal aliens who overuse emergency rooms, sure, you save some money by treating in a primary care office conditions that don't get severe enough to land the person in the ER. But if you do that, you offset any savings by spending much more with other sorts of elective care.

Say, for example, that the illegal alien needs a lung transplant or he will die in 60 days. That's not an emergency, and is not covered by the French or the Italian systems if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident who pays taxes. But while you can save $2,000 if you give an illegal alien an office prescription for albuterol so that he won't go to the ER with an asthma crisis, you can also lose $650,000 with a lung transplant, or $300,000 with cancer chemotherapy, or more than $250,000 with heart surgery, and so on. Where do you draw the line? Soon enough you're spending way more than what you're saving.

Why should the America taxpayer pay for, say, the cancer chemotherapy of Mr. Juan Gonzalez, illegal immigrant from El Salvador who got cancer and his cousin told him "come to the US and they'll take care of you"????

Extending non-emergency care to illegal aliens is an extremely STUPID idea, and the better proof is that no other developed country does that.

If they had the confidence of their assertions, they would do it.

They don't.

They need Uncle Sam to pay for it. California has binders full of poor people.

The Golden State has provided free health insurance for minor illegal immigrants, but starting on January 1, 2020, will cover adults up to 25 years old. Conservatives warned that Democrats would eventually demand tax payers to pick up the bill for covering adult illegal immigrant, which Dems denied.

4/5 of America's homeless population lives in California. Our governor hasn't done anything meaningful to address that issue, but he's willing to commit to buying health insurance for adult illegals. Many Californians feel that Newsom and the Democratic leadership in this state only care about illegal immigrants and tech companies. Everyone else is ignored.

In this state in which I live, they will just raise taxes on something or other, The sales tax is 10% already but they could always raise that to 12 cents and the gas tax is highest in the nation, but they can always raise that some more claiming it's for the environment.

Santa is a figure of yer imagination and that is all he is.Considering I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican your wishful bullshyt is just that, bullshyt.

Well! With that attitude no wonder Santa doesn't bring you anything. :lamo

They need Uncle Sam to pay for it. California has binders full of poor people.

It's why California wanted a Democrat as president. If Obama was still in office,he would find a way to pick up the costs

It's why California wanted a Democrat as president. If Obama was still in office,he would find a way to pick up the costs

I am fine with them picking up as much cost as they would normally get under medicaid, etc, but nothing more. Same for Texas or anybody else who wants to take a stab at this UHC in a single challenging state

I am fine with them picking up as much cost as they would normally get under medicaid, etc, but nothing more. Same for Texas or anybody else who wants to take a stab at this UHC in a single challenging state

They never paid dime into it and they should get it?

They never paid dime into it and they should get it?

Their citizens pay lots of dimes into it. California pays half its medicaid costs under the FMAP system.

Back
Top Bottom