• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Teacher removes American flag and has students pledge to homosexuality flag.

You're not them, nor are you in charge of making their school's policy regarding respect for the flag and giving the children the choice to say or not to say the pledge. Let's suppose you had a child in said school, what would you have your child do?

Leave it solely to the child, or instruct them to stand for the flag and remain silence?

Isn't it wonderful that parents and their children maintain legitimate choice?
Another stupid post.

Elementary school kids don't get a choice when it comes to their teacher, what subjects they're taught, when they have lunch...

Don't waste their time making them memorize and recite a dumb pledge.

Why is it strange? Stranger that the teacher took the American flag out of her room. Kids don't have to pledge allegiance but here's a quote from the O/P that explains this particular school's policy regarding the flag.

"We are aware of this incident and are investigating. While we do not discuss employee related matters, we can tell you that showing respect and honor for our nation’s flag is a value that we instill in our students and an expectation of our employees. We take matters like this seriously and will be taking action to address it," public relations officer for the district, Annette Franco"
Logo worship is a particularly sick human behavior.

Another stupid post.

Elementary school kids don't get a choice when it comes to their teacher, what subjects they're taught, when they have lunch...

Don't waste their time making them memorize and recite a dumb pledge.

Stop writing them then...
The above second and third line of your post doesn't address anything I've written and your first line is hyperbole.

You're not them, nor are you in charge of making their school's policy regarding respect for the flag and giving the children the choice to say or not to say the pledge. Let's suppose you had a child in said school, what would you have your child do?

Leave it solely to the child, or instruct them to stand for the flag and remain silence?

Isn't it wonderful that parents and their children maintain legitimate choice?
I was raised JW. Told off the elders and walked away never to return when I was ten or so.

But I agree with the pledge and anthem thing. I participate in neither.

I get funny and even hostile looks, but whatever.

I'm with William Tell on the subject.

Logo worship is a particularly sick human behavior.

So don't worship a logo.
No school administrator in the aforementioned school of the O/O demands their students "worship a logo".

I was raised JW. Told off the elders and walked away never to return when I was ten or so.

But I agree with the pledge and anthem thing. I participate in neither.

I get funny and even hostile looks, but whatever.

I'm with William Tell on the subject.

Good for you... Isn't choice a lovely thing to behold?
Now please give those who don't do it your way the same choice, k?

Why does this teacher even care if her students worship gays or not? Sorta an odd ritual to go through even though she suggested it as voluntary while removing the traditional flag.
I suspect some social media trolling here, folks.

Have you checked to make sure that gay people haven't done something new since you posted this thread? I'd hate to distract you.
Right, so you are ok with this adult picking on kids. As she giggles about it.

Right, so you are ok with this adult picking on kids. As she giggles about it.
By fixating on this, I think that it's possible that you're missing out on new gay stories.

Why does this teacher even care if her students worship gays or not? Sorta an odd ritual to go through even though she suggested it as voluntary while removing the traditional flag.

Another "I hate gay people" thread by dirtpoorchris, eh?

And as usual, it isn't what he claims. Teacher had removed flag from classroom during Pandemic. Now they're back. They do the pledge over the PA. But true to the 1st, nobody has to stand or pledge. Kid asks where to look during the pledge, teachers says "we do have a flag", kid points at pride flag. Whoopdee do.

Leave it to chris to try to change that to "worship gays".
Wow so an instantly dumb and failed exaggerated and dishonest op about fake outrage . . got it lol

It's a strange concept in the first place, having children pledge allegiance to a flag.

Agreed, school districts around here stopped it years ago when i was still in school and i graduated in the 90s
I think kids should certainly know the pledge but they most certainly shouldnt be forced to pledge every moring.

So don't worship a logo.
No school administrator in the aforementioned school of the O/O demands their students "worship a logo".
A flag is a ****ing logo. Originally so you could retreat to your side in a battle.

They are symbols, sometimes idols.

But they're logos. Accomapnied by the same crap as football Jerseys.

The only difference is scale. I've never said the pledge nor sung the anthem. Country has a long way to go before I would entertain either.

Excerpt from Peter S. Beagles introduction to Tolkien's The Hobbit... (1973)

We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discovers – thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams.

Back
Top Bottom