• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California taxes would rise again to pay for Newsom universal health care

On average among comparable nations UHC costs a lot less pp than current US healthcare. If they implement 'true' UHC that should provide a significant saving to a lot of people. Even those paying extra taxes should see a piece of that come back to them. The problem is though that driving down costs in one state might push providers and/or their staff to migrate to better paying states.

As for providing free healthcare for illegal immigrants, that is nice from a humanity point of view, but absolutely dumb from a practical point of view.

Overall I think this bill will not deliver what is being marketed, and cost more than is being forecast.
UHC makes zero sense for America because 3/4 of Americans are overweight/obese. Even without Covid on the scene, these people required far more healthcare than those with a normal, average weight. Even without Covid, they were dying at a much higher rate and at a much younger age. 78% of Covid deaths were overweight/obese. Covid would have been a blip on the radar had the prevalence of obesity been a lot lower (not just America since the obesity crisis is global).

It's a system that is punitive to the wrong demographic.

Reactions: PoS
Did you know that my state has less than 2 million population and Calif has about 12 million just on Medicaid?

Oh shit....

Idaho.

*chuckle*

(y)😀

Yes, you would like the Rich paying for someone else's Healthcare

Now that you mention it....I'd like the rich to pay for my healthcare! That sounds fine. I am very supportive of that.

So, we'll just put you down for saying Paul Ryan is no longer a politician and therefore a Nobody
Really? A former Speaker of the House is a "nobody"

That's the most asinine thing I've heard on this site. He is a Republican and still hold certain influence in the party.

You don't have to be in office to have influence.

That's the most asinine thing I've heard on this site. He is a Republican and still hold certain influence in the party.

You don't have to be in office to have influence.

Yep.. I forgot all about him until you brought him up

He is a Republican and still hold certain influence in the party.

(LOL)

So not only is Gruesome Newsom going to let illegals in on this, he's going to cause more people to move out of the state by again jacking up taxes.

It once again vindicates the reasons why I left California for Alaska 30 years ago. When California began enacting laws that blatantly violated the US Constitution in order to exert more totalitarian authority in 1989 I could read the writing on the wall. This was not going to end well for Californians. Considering the bleak leftist insanity California was about to embark upon, I decided to find a State more rooted in common sense, and above all, a State that acknowledges my constitutionally-protected rights. Something California no longer does, and hasn't for a very long time now.

Oh yes, the FASTEST growing state in the UNION by %?

IDAHO
I had an aunt and her family recently move from Los Angeles to Boise in December 2019, just before COVID hit.

Not to worry, the entire family is conservative. There is no way they want Idaho to become anything like California. They are more likely to work in the exact opposite direction.

Back
Top Bottom