• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens- Do You Care?

California Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens- Do You Care?

• I'm a Democrat and I do care. Their status does matter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I think illegal immigrants should kill Americans, because racism is bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, the poster never said it was just a "southern peculiarity".

However, the poster had a very salient point when one considers that just since 1976 in regards executions in the nation of the 1,510 folks executed over that period 11 States accounted for 1,096 of those executions, with the other 414 executions occurring in many, but not all, of the remaining 18 States allowing capital punishment and the Federal Government.

Those 11 states with so many executions?

The 11 Confederate States.

Interestingly enough another state that is considered a "southern" state but not part of the confederacy, that being Oklahoma, accounted for another 112 of those 414 executions not in a confederate state.

Just putting that out there for what it is worth or not worth.

:2wave:

There is a strong correlation between outside temperature and crime generally, and violent crimes in particular in poor areas with older housing stock where there is less air conditioning. The south is hot.

In California, if an illegal alien shoots you - a felony - he is tried and sentenced with no marking of immigration status. Only the heaviest felonies get ICE cooperation from California.

That doesn't make any sense.

ICE cooperation comes from the Federal Government.

Ones immigration status can very well be "marked" before and at trial and sentencing, if I am understanding your point.

It may well make all the difference in how one is treated within the justice system, even in California.

There is a strong correlation between outside temperature and crime generally, and violent crimes in particular in poor areas with older housing stock where there is less air conditioning. The south is hot.

The "south is hot" is irrelevant to the south being the capital of capital punishment.

If that was some sort of correlation logic it falls flat when one considers the hottest states or states with some of the hottest climates (our dessert southwest regions) have had some of the lowest or ZERO executions in the last 10 years.

I guess we need to fight Global Warming as part of the greater War on Crime!

But thanks for a good laugh!:lamo

The "south is hot" is irrelevant to the south being the capital of capital punishment.

If that was some sort of correlation logic it falls flat when one considers the hottest states or states with some of the hottest climates (our dessert southwest regions) have had some of the lowest or ZERO executions in the last 10 years.

I guess we need to fight Global Warming as part of the greater War on Crime!

But thanks for a good laugh!:lamo

People are more likely to commit capital offenses where it is hot is not "irrelevant" but enjoy your laugh.

People are more likely to commit capital offenses where it is hot is not "irrelevant" but enjoy your laugh.

I am enjoying my laugh, because it is so well deserved.

Not one you would be able to grasp.

So it was nonsensical poster gibberish, that is the one thing here I have yet to master in our communications.

So it was nonsensical poster gibberish, that is the one thing here I have yet to master in our communications.

Oh, you are very much a gibberish master, your just not slick enough to grasp it. Nothing surprising there.

Oh, you are very much a gibberish master, your just not slick enough to grasp it. Nothing surprising there.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

If I were a gibberish master, then yes, I would be totally able to grasp it, in all of its forms, even that which you posted, but alas, methinks you may even fail to ken what you had posted.

But hey, that is ok, we forgive you!

Given the way in which Democrats make excuses for illegal immigrants who commit crime in the USA, and their belief that we shouldn't focus on crime committed by illegal immigrants, I believe it's time to gauge how people feel about the topic.

Which Democrats are those?

Name some names and cite some examples please?

I know I am not in that group since I do none of that which you claim.

Thanks in advance!

:lamo :lamo :lamo

If I were a gibberish master, then yes, I would be totally able to grasp it, in all of its forms, even that which you posted, but alas, methinks you may even fail to ken what you had posted.

But hey, that is ok, we forgive you!

You're welcome, ways willing to inform the ignorant of their ignorance.

Thanks in advance!

Sanctuary States like California refuse to turn over criminal illegal aliens to ICE. This now represents the mainstream view of the Democratic Party. Dems simultaneously complain about non-criminal illegal aliens being deported, while harboring criminal illegal aliens from federal agencies tasked with deporting criminals.

How can you feign ignorance of this?

&

You're welcome.

But if found guilty, he goes to state prison.

Where he'll end up costing taxpayers an average of $81,000 per year. The median salary in California is $63,000. The state spends more in a year to feed and house an illegal immigrant sent to state prison than most Californians earn.

1. I live in California.

2. There are almost 800 inmates on Death Row.

3. Although the last time Californians voted on the issue, they backed capital punishment, everyone knows that for all intents and purposes, capital punishment has been abolished in this state.

a. The new governor has publicly stated that he will not allow any more executions anyway.

4. Vicious violent criminals are not stupid: They know that they will never be executed in this state, so murders occur almost every day. Besides, some murderers are let out in a few years or even have the charges reduced.

5. In the coming decades, the violent crime rate will be going through the roof.

Oh yeah, a criminal considers the possibility of the death penalty before he murders. Strange, no death penalty in much of Europe yet lower murder rates.

Strange, no death penalty in much of Europe yet lower murder rates.

I do NOT think that it is strange.

I have no doubt, however, that murder rates in Europe WILL BE going up in the near future (e.g., I hear about the rising violence in England and Sweden).

Thank you for your opinion.

Have a nice day!

Sanctuary States like California refuse to turn over criminal illegal aliens to ICE. This now represents the mainstream view of the Democratic Party. Dems simultaneously complain about non-criminal illegal aliens being deported, while harboring criminal illegal aliens from federal agencies tasked with deporting criminals.

How can you feign ignorance of this?

&

You're welcome.

Making more unsubstantiated claims and more unproven accusations is not 'naming names" or "citing examples". What you have in essence done is whitewashed the blanket condemnations.

No one refused to turn over these suspects to ICE.

California's alleged "Sanctuary Cities" do not intend to do ICE's work for them and they will not illegally hold for ICE suspected illegal aliens that ICE has not properly taken steps to have legally held for ICE pick up.

Get yourself some real information on what is actually happening according to law in the State before making such absurd claims.

You have not supplied any bit of evidence to support the claims you have made that I requested your show some examples of with citations.

I am not in need of feigning ignorance nor am I ignorant of what is really happening.

Now, please do NAME some NAMES and CITE some EXAMPLES of which DEMOCRATS have done what you have claimed.

I, if I were you, withhold any 'You're Welcome" until it is appropriate, so far it is not.

As a Democrat I can unequivocally state I have not complained about non-criminal illegal aliens being deported legally and equally I can state that I have never, ever, harbored any criminal illegal aliens.

But if found guilty, he goes to state prison.

Not necessarily in all cases.

Four Indicted for Marijuana Cultivation
Private land marijuana cultivation resulted in death of a law enforcement officer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A federal grand jury returned a four-count indictment today charging four men with marijuana cultivation and firearms offenses in El Dorado County, U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced.

Christopher Garry Ross, 47, of Somerset; Juan Carlos Vasquez, 20, a Mexican national residing in Somerset; Ramiro Bravo Morales, 22, a Mexican national residing in Somerset; and Jorge Lamas, 25, of Yuba City, were charged with conspiring to cultivate marijuana, cultivation of marijuana, and discharge of a firearm during and in relation to a drug trafficking offense. In addition, Vasquez and Morales were each charged with being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm.

Four Indicted for Marijuana Cultivation | USAO-EDCA | Department of Justice

State authorities are also intending to prefer charges against the 4 as well, but it is likely the Federal case will take precedent as far as what eventually happens to these lowlifes.

Considering these 4 are already indicted by a FEDERAL GRAND JURY where is the evidence that any alleged "sanctuary city" laws interfered in this case and any evidence that any alleged "sanctuary city" harbored these illegal aliens?

Sheriff D'Agostini whined about California "sanctuary" laws interfering in this case but I have yet to discover any such evidence of such interference.

It just doesn't exist.

However I have discovered that Sheriff D'Agostini likely is, not that I am saying it is wrong, an Always Trumper, and most assuredly is a darling of the GOP and has a definite anti immigrant bias, for both legal and illegal aliens.

So his unfounded whine about supposed "sanctuary law" hampering his case in the tragic death of Deputy Brian Ishmael precipitated by an American Citizen, according to statements by Sheriff D'Agostini himself, just doesn't hold water.

Given the way in which Democrats make excuses for illegal immigrants who commit crime in the USA, and their belief that we shouldn't focus on crime committed by illegal immigrants, I believe it's time to gauge how people feel about the topic.

Okay. You so far have failed miserably to answer my queries so I will give you another chance, so here below are the same questions, verbatim.

Thanks in advance!

If you think asking a ridiculous extremely polarized question probably provoked by an alt right meme you saw on Facebook adds any credibility to your thread you are mistaken.

It’s not my thread. And that’s not an argument.

Where he'll end up costing taxpayers an average of $81,000 per year. The median salary in California is $63,000. The state spends more in a year to feed and house an illegal immigrant sent to state prison than most Californians earn.

Does it cost more to imprison an illegal alien then an American? Nope. So the solution to your problem is in lowering the cost of imprisonment all the way around is it not?

Leftists do not care.

They’ve made that extremely clear

Leftists clowns are so intellectually bankrupt... they equate illegal invaders with legal immigrants.

Back
Top Bottom