• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens- Do You Care?

California Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens- Do You Care?

• I'm a Democrat and I do care. Their status does matter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I think illegal immigrants should kill Americans, because racism is bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
California is a particularly wicked and brutal murder state. The DP is usually only meted out when uninvolved civilians are involved. Most public service killings (thug v thug) are murder two, or manslaughter 2 and they get plea bargained down lower so they can get bounced out eventually.

As far as death row, I’d suggest putting them all on a barge and sinking it in the bay.

California having such a large populated area one would think the crime rate would be much higher. But it isn't...it's not even rated among the top 20 highest crime rated states.

No legitimate study exists to my knowledge, for determining the extent of crime committed by illegal immigrants. Every source you listed has either a financial or political interest in promoting illegal immigration. The FBI does not release information about illegal immigrants and crime. The Marshall Projects Founder describes himself as a crusader for social justice. Libs are great at masking their sources, but once you peel several layers of the onion, you find the usual suspects -

Neil Barsky - Wikipedia

First, it is absolutely fair game to challenge 3rd party evidence I put into the discussion. However, that challenge must include 3rd party evidence that either refutes my evidence or raises serious doubt as to its integrity.

The six cites actually dealt with 4 different studies, including one conducted by a university. In contrast, you seemed to suggest that the study was flawed because of the money behind it. You offered nothing to support that claim by a wikipedia article on an individual, making your argument a stretch of logic (I am being kind here)

But, since you want to overwhelmed with competent 3rd party evidential matter supporting my claim that illegals are actually more compliant with US laws than native born citizens, here you go, including a University of Wisconsin study:

What are the demographic characteristics of unauthorized immigrants versus legal immigrants? - Journalist's Resource
Study shows undocumented immigration doesn’t increase violent crime
JSTOR: Access Check
Immigrants in America: Key Charts and Facts | Pew Research Center
http://www.wsj.com/articles/undocum...-off-in-u-s-led-by-mexican-decline-1416330120
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2331502419857083
https://cis.org/Immigration-Topic/Illegal-Immigration
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...caf02c-006b-11e5-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

which, of course, gets back to my original claim that extrapolating a single story on a whole population is a form of bigotry, which is peddling ignorance. If you have something of substance to counter my argument, let's see it. I certainly want to learn things.... but, somehow I am a bit skeptical that you have much to teach.

Last edited:
By golly I have tried hard to find out how the alleged evil California SB 54 in any way hindered El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini in bringing the illegal aliens in this incident to justice in this case?

It just isn't showing up.

Within two weeks all the suspects are arrested, indicted, and have made their pleas.

Nothing I could find has Sheriff D'Agostini laying out how SB 54 kept his department from making any arrests?

Nothing I could find has Sheriff D'Agostini laying out how the illegal aliens were supposedly protected from arrest, indictment, and or prosecution by SB 54?

It seems it took a mere two days to discover the true identities of the illegals, not because anyone was trying to hide their ID's, but it appears because Federal authorities, who had their ID's, had not bothered to learn how SB 54 works ahead of time so the identification could have taken less than the mere two days that it did take.

So I want to know why the OP did not include in the Poll or the thread any questions for us regarding the AMERICAN CITIZEN that committed all sorts of crimes that eventually led to the death of that Deputy and the wounding of the other officer.

He has been arrested and charged with manslaughter in this case as well as the illegal aliens getting charged with murder.

It was reported that his criminal involvement and in particular his false 911 call are what led to that Deputy's death!

Does the OP only care about illegal alien criminals getting justice and is the OP intentionally giving the AMERICAN CITIZEN a pass?

Given the way in which Democrats make excuses for illegal immigrants who commit crime in the USA, and their belief that we shouldn't focus on crime committed by illegal immigrants, I believe it's time to gauge how people feel about the topic.

Why are you making excuses for Christopher Gary Ross?

Why aren't you focussing on the crimes committed by Christopher Gary Ross?

Will send your post to our allies in Europe, who have lower murder rates and no death penalty.

It is unfair to compare the United States of America to Europe.

Until recently, Europe has been very different from our country in certain respects.

Because of what's been happening in the last ten years in Europe, however, you can count on the violent crime rate increasing. (Ask the police in Sweden.) (I wonder if the police in England still go around unarmed.)

I do agree with one poster who pointed out to me that the death penalty does NOT seem to be a deterrent in our country. Individuals who murder usually do not think: "I had better not do this, for I might be executed."

I like capital punishment, then, because it helps to give victims' families some closure.

Have a nice day!

Why are you making excuses for Christopher Gary Ross?

Why aren't you focussing on the crimes committed by Christopher Gary Ross?

He didn't shoot the sheriff's deputy. However, I do believe he belongs in prison with the 2 illegal immigrants, and should receive a similar prison sentence.

First, it is absolutely fair game to challenge 3rd party evidence I put into the discussion. However, that challenge must include 3rd party evidence that either refutes my evidence or raises serious doubt as to its integrity.

The six cites actually dealt with 4 different studies, including one conducted by a university. In contrast, you seemed to suggest that the study was flawed because of the money behind it. You offered nothing to support that claim by a wikipedia article on an individual, making your argument a stretch of logic (I am being kind here)

But, since you want to overwhelmed with competent 3rd party evidential matter supporting my claim that illegals are actually more compliant with US laws than native born citizens, here you go, including a University of Wisconsin study:

What are the demographic characteristics of unauthorized immigrants versus legal immigrants? - Journalist's Resource
Study shows undocumented immigration doesn’t increase violent crime
JSTOR: Access Check
Immigrants in America: Key Charts and Facts | Pew Research Center
Undocumented Immigrant Population Levels Off in U.S. - WSJ
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2331502419857083
https://cis.org/Immigration-Topic/Illegal-Immigration
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...caf02c-006b-11e5-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

which, of course, gets back to my original claim that extrapolating a single story on a whole population is a form of bigotry, which is peddling ignorance. If you have something of substance to counter my argument, let's see it. I certainly want to learn things.... but, somehow I am a bit skeptical that you have much to teach.

Yes, a seemingly endless pile of links may be attained which all say the same thing- illegal immigrants commit crime at lower rates than their American counterparts. We've all heard that bit of logic-defying nonsense for as long as we've heard the many other erroneous catch phrases employed by pro-illegal immigrant forces, such as-

There are 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA.

Illegal immigrants aren't taking jobs away from Americans.

Illegal immigrants are only here to do the jobs Americans won't do.

Without illegal immigrants, there would be no way to harvest our crops, and 330 million Americans would starve to death!

Ok, I exaggerated a little bit in the last catch phrase, but you get the idea. The truth is that liberals lie repeatedly until their lies become accepted as truth. Then those lies are turned into hollow catch phrases which may never be questioned, or the person who questions will be heaped with scorn. The truth always prevails however, and when it does you can be sure that liberals will simply pretend that their little catch phrases were never meant to be taken literally. Then they'll start the process all over again by inventing another bull**** catch phrase which they'll disguise as unquestionable truth.
------------------------

Now, please provide a legitimate study from the FBI or a recognized law enforcement agency which shows illegal immigrants to commit less crime than Americans. Something paid for by George Soros or the Koch Brothers isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks.

It is unfair to compare the United States of America to Europe.

Until recently, Europe has been very different from our country in certain respects.

Because of what's been happening in the last ten years in Europe, however, you can count on the violent crime rate increasing. (Ask the police in Sweden.) (I wonder if the police in England still go around unarmed.)

I do agree with one poster who pointed out to me that the death penalty does NOT seem to be a deterrent in our country. Individuals who murder usually do not think: "I had better not do this, for I might be executed."

I like capital punishment, then, because it helps to give victims' families some closure.

Have a nice day!

As painful as it sounds, justice is not about closure. And how does a life sentence not give them closure?

He didn't shoot the sheriff's deputy. However, I do believe he belongs in prison with the 2 illegal immigrants, and should receive a similar prison sentence.

He, an AMERICAN CITIZEN, knowingly engaged in criminal activity with illegal aliens, an illegal pot growing garden, he placed a false 911 call that led directly to the death of that deputy, as the sheriff stated. That is why he is also being charged with his murder, and possibly other crimes, because he is as guilty of the death of that deputy as the trigger man.

You totally ignored all of that in your OP, it was extremely important, but you left it completely out of your poll, giving his crimes an excuse of omission.

You say Christopher Gary Ross didn't "shoot the sheriff's deputy" but only one of the illegal aliens in this incident actually did shoot the gun killing that sheriff's deputy.

Yet your Poll headline clearly states "Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens", plural but it is established fact it was only one individual who shot the sheriff's deputy.

Your Poll and OP was all flawed from the start.

It was biased, against the non citizens, and biased against Democrats, and completely inaccurate by specific omission.

I am happy you do NOW admit the culpability of Christopher Gary Ross the AMERICAN CITIZEN involved in all of this crime and in the murder of that sheriff's deputy the crimes led to.

But still, I wonder, why you tried to give hime a pass to start with, don't you "care" when AMERICAN CITIZENS commit such crimes?

Don't you, as an obvious non Democrat, care about "law and order" and justice for all, not just for "illegal aliens"?

Given the way in which Democrats make excuses for illegal immigrants who commit crime in the USA, and their belief that we shouldn't focus on crime committed by illegal immigrants, I believe it's time to gauge how people feel about the topic.

0LkinJg.gif

LMAO well that definitely is in the running for the most stupid, biased, dishonest and instantly failed poll of the year . .the answers dont even match:lamo

Cant wait to read this train wreck!!!

:popcorn2:

He, an AMERICAN CITIZEN, knowingly engaged in criminal activity with illegal aliens, an illegal pot growing garden, he placed a false 911 call that led directly to the death of that deputy, as the sheriff stated. That is why he is also being charged with his murder, and possibly other crimes, because he is as guilty of the death of that deputy as the trigger man.

You totally ignored all of that in your OP, it was extremely important, but you left it completely out of your poll, giving his crimes an excuse of omission.

You say Christopher Gary Ross didn't "shoot the sheriff's deputy" but only one of the illegal aliens in this incident actually did shoot the gun killing that sheriff's deputy.

Yet your Poll headline clearly states "Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens", plural but it is established fact it was only one individual who shot the sheriff's deputy.

Your Poll and OP was all flawed from the start.

It was biased, against the non citizens, and biased against Democrats, and completely inaccurate by specific omission.

I am happy you do NOW admit the culpability of Christopher Gary Ross the AMERICAN CITIZEN involved in all of this crime and in the murder of that sheriff's deputy the crimes led to.

But still, I wonder, why you tried to give hime a pass to start with, don't you "care" when AMERICAN CITIZENS commit such crimes?

Don't you, as an obvious non Democrat, care about "law and order" and justice for all, not just for "illegal aliens"?

Ross' actions helped to facilitate the circumstances of the murder of Deputy Ishmael. However, when Deputy Ishmael arrived on scene and confronted the two illegal immigrants, it was not Ross who shot Deputy Ishmael to death. All 3 of the accused deserve prison sentences. I think you're looking for a detail to nitpick here, and perhaps that's why I've never seen you comment on any other thread involving illegal immigrants who've murdered Americans on American soil.

Yes, I do care about law & order, which is why I'm not in favor of the sloppy, haphazard way in which liberal Democrats allow illegals to murder law enforcement officers, and then make excuses for why the immigration status of the killer(s) doesn't matter.

As painful as it sounds, justice is not about closure. And how does a life sentence not give them closure?

In my OPINION:

1. Justice IS about closure.

2. A life sentence does NOT give enough closure.

Your side has won the debate: Capital punishment in this country is gone, for all intents and purposes.

I am very thankful to a few Southern states that still use it, but even they will eventually drop it because of certain reasons.

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
I don't see any cartels in Alaska, Louisiana or Mississippi...and apparently neither do you. Yet all three have a higher crime rate than California which is blamed for being a sanctuary state and the reason they have a high crime rate. But again, more than half the states in the country have a higher crime rate and many aren't considered sanctuary states. So it stands to reason that California being a sanctuary state has little to no bearing on it's crime rate.

I don't see any cartels in Alaska, Louisiana or Mississippi

First, I said Alaska is a whole different animal.

And as far as cartels.... I mentioned Texas specifically now didn't I ?

All states are different like their HIGH black population in Louisiana or Mississippi

Oh my

This is a tough one - the poll asks about something I have no control over. The reason why dems love illegals is because of the dependence and lower standards that illegals represent. This makes for a supply of voters willing to vote for more communistic policies.

Since dems control the media, the illegals / racial approach to "progress" to a more communist society isn't going away. The best we can do, as people that actually believe in working for their money, is to self segregate, like they do in South Africa.

We are powerless to stop the influx. Dems want communism, and they will eventually get it through racially-charged means.

This is a tough one - the poll asks about something I have no control over. The reason why dems love illegals is because of the dependence and lower standards that illegals represent. This makes for a supply of voters willing to vote for more communistic policies.

Since dems control the media, the illegals / racial approach to "progress" to a more communist society isn't going away. The best we can do, as people that actually believe in working for their money, is to self segregate, like they do in South Africa.

We are powerless to stop the influx. Dems want communism, and they will eventually get it through racially-charged means.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Ross' actions helped to facilitate the circumstances of the murder of Deputy Ishmael. However, when Deputy Ishmael arrived on scene and confronted the two illegal immigrants, it was not Ross who shot Deputy Ishmael to death. All 3 of the accused deserve prison sentences. I think you're looking for a detail to nitpick here, and perhaps that's why I've never seen you comment on any other thread involving illegal immigrants who've murdered Americans on American soil.

Yes, I do care about law & order, which is why I'm not in favor of the sloppy, haphazard way in which liberal Democrats allow illegals to murder law enforcement officers, and then make excuses for why the immigration status of the killer(s) doesn't matter.

Your OP and OP Poll already showed us exactly what you REALLY care about.

Blather on all you want you exposed yourself.

Making now like the role Ross played in all of this was somehow important to you is closing your barn door after your horse is out.

Trying to continue to idiotically and absurdly trash me and my fellow Democrats, here, for the murder of the sheriff's deputy when his murder had absolutely NOTHING to do with any Democrat just shows confirmation of what I already pointed out about the flagrant flaws and obvious partisan and bigoted biases of your Poll and OP.

But you do have a nice day wallowing in your ludicrous premises.

:2wave:

The poll is a joke. How about we all care that a police officer was murdered regardless of who murdered him or her? Is there no end to the idiotic partisan offal being thrown around the cages these days? Are we in high school? Grow up people.

In my OPINION:

1. Justice IS about closure.

2. A life sentence does NOT give enough closure.

Your side has won the debate: Capital punishment in this country is gone, for all intents and purposes.

I am very thankful to a few Southern states that still use it, but even they will eventually drop it because of certain reasons.

Have a nice weekend!

No offense to the good southerners I’ve known and loved, but what a surprise! The states that held slaves, practiced discrimination a century afterwards, and had by far the most lynchings still use the death penalty.

No offense to the good southerners I’ve known and loved, but what a surprise! The states that held slaves, practiced discrimination a century afterwards, and had by far the most lynchings still use the death penalty.

The federal government and 29 states still have the death penalty. It is not a southern peculiarity.

The federal government and 29 states still have the death penalty. It is not a southern peculiarity.

But they don’t use it. Ohio is the only outlier among non-southern states. States keep it around as a symbol for politicians to show we are tough on crime, executing a person here and there. If we were serious, we would execute every murderer, but we couldn’t handle hundreds or more per year.

Yes, a seemingly endless pile of links may be attained which all say the same thing- illegal immigrants commit crime at lower rates than their American counterparts. We've all heard that bit of logic-defying nonsense for as long as we've heard the many other erroneous catch phrases employed by pro-illegal immigrant forces, such as-

There are 11 million illegal immigrants in the USA.

Illegal immigrants aren't taking jobs away from Americans.

Illegal immigrants are only here to do the jobs Americans won't do.

Without illegal immigrants, there would be no way to harvest our crops, and 330 million Americans would starve to death!

Ok, I exaggerated a little bit in the last catch phrase, but you get the idea. The truth is that liberals lie repeatedly until their lies become accepted as truth. Then those lies are turned into hollow catch phrases which may never be questioned, or the person who questions will be heaped with scorn. The truth always prevails however, and when it does you can be sure that liberals will simply pretend that their little catch phrases were never meant to be taken literally. Then they'll start the process all over again by inventing another bull**** catch phrase which they'll disguise as unquestionable truth.
------------------------

Now, please provide a legitimate study from the FBI or a recognized law enforcement agency which shows illegal immigrants to commit less crime than Americans. Something paid for by George Soros or the Koch Brothers isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks.

In California, if an illegal alien shoots you - a felony - he is tried and sentenced with no marking of immigration status. Only the heaviest felonies get ICE cooperation from California.

In California, if an illegal alien shoots you - a felony - he is tried and sentenced with no marking of immigration status. Only the heaviest felonies get ICE cooperation from California.

But if found guilty, he goes to state prison.

Looks like some time think everyone is either a Dem or Repub.

Well, the poster never said it was just a "southern peculiarity".

However, the poster had a very salient point when one considers that just since 1976 in regards executions in the nation of the 1,510 folks executed over that period 11 States accounted for 1,096 of those executions, with the other 414 executions occurring in many, but not all, of the remaining 18 States allowing capital punishment and the Federal Government.

Those 11 states with so many executions?

The 11 Confederate States.

Interestingly enough another state that is considered a "southern" state but not part of the confederacy, that being Oklahoma, accounted for another 112 of those 414 executions not in a confederate state.

Just putting that out there for what it is worth or not worth.

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom