• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens- Do You Care?

California Sheriff's Deputy was Murdered by Illegal Aliens- Do You Care?

• I'm a Democrat and I do care. Their status does matter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I think illegal immigrants should kill Americans, because racism is bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok. As an independent, do you care if illegal immigrants murder Americans, or do you disregard immigration status being something we should consider?

I disregard it. Murder occurs across all demographics, races, cultures, ethnicity's, genders that it's a pointless fallacy to single out one murder and claim, allude or imply that it shows a pattern or represents an entire demographic or class of people. But that is what you're trying to do, isn't it, taac?

Last edited:
I disregard it. Murder occurs across all demographics, races, cultures, ethnicity's, genders that it's a pointless fallacy to single out one murder and claim, allude or imply that it shows a pattern or represents an entire demographic or class of people. But that is what you're trying to do, isn't it, taac?

Get off that high horse. Dems have been misrepresenting the reality of police shootings which involve black men for decades. Illegal immigrant crime is a legitimate problem on the other hand. It's impossible to live in a Sanctuary State and not be effected somehow, whether its losing a relative to drugs smuggled in by illegals, paying higher taxes which are used to pay for illegals, or being the victim of a crime.

Given the way in which Democrats make excuses for illegal immigrants who commit crime in the USA, and their belief that we shouldn't focus on crime committed by illegal immigrants, I believe it's time to gauge how people feel about the topic.

In my community of Weedsport, NY, a beloved man was murdered by an illegal alien. The illegal had no license and was driving drunk. Mr. Knapp was thrown from his tractor. The illegal fled the scene, but caught and has been charged with vehicular manslaughter.
What is frustrating besides the fact he had no license is the fact a month ago he was stopped for a DUI and nothing was done. In fact he had been deported once several years ago but returned to the States.
Why wasn’t this guy deported or held after the October stop for DUI? Why was this guy allowed back into a vehicle without a license. If the state did the right thing our neighbor would still be alive. Cuomo is responsible for this mans death.

Given the way in which Democrats make excuses for illegal immigrants who commit crime in the USA, and their belief that we shouldn't focus on crime committed by illegal immigrants, I believe it's time to gauge how people feel about the topic.

Illegal aliens do commit crimes, but at a much, much lower rate than native born Americans. An anecdote is not an argument. Its easy to find AN example of almost any incidence, but a single example is not evidence of the characteristics of a population. Hence, trying to make the case that we have to address illegal immigration because of crime is an argument of ignorance.

New Research on Illegal Immigration and Crime | Cato @ Liberty
New research shows illegal immigrants are actually less dangerous than Americans
Is There a Connection Between Undocumented Immigrants and Crime? | The Marshall Project
Is There a Connection Between Undocumented Immigrants and Crime? - The New York Times
9 Immigration and Crime in the United States | The Immigration Debate: Studies on the Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration | The National Academies Press
https://www.adl.org/resources/fact-...s-about-immigrants-and-immigration-en-espanol

In my community of Weedsport, NY, a beloved man was murdered by an illegal alien. The illegal had no license and was driving drunk. Mr. Knapp was thrown from his tractor. The illegal fled the scene, but caught and has been charged with vehicular manslaughter.
What is frustrating besides the fact he had no license is the fact a month ago he was stopped for a DUI and nothing was done. In fact he had been deported once several years ago but returned to the States.
Why wasn’t this guy deported or held after the October stop for DUI? Why was this guy allowed back into a vehicle without a license. If the state did the right thing our neighbor would still be alive. Cuomo is responsible for this mans death.

As above...

Illegal aliens do commit crimes, but at a much, much lower rate than native born Americans. An anecdote is not an argument. Its easy to find AN example of almost any incidence, but a single example is not evidence of the characteristics of a population. Hence, trying to make the case that we have to address illegal immigration because of crime is an argument of ignorance.

New Research on Illegal Immigration and Crime | Cato @ Liberty
New research shows illegal immigrants are actually less dangerous than Americans
Is There a Connection Between Undocumented Immigrants and Crime? | The Marshall Project
Is There a Connection Between Undocumented Immigrants and Crime? - The New York Times
9 Immigration and Crime in the United States | The Immigration Debate: Studies on the Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration | The National Academies Press
https://www.adl.org/resources/fact-...s-about-immigrants-and-immigration-en-espanol

As above...

No legitimate study exists to my knowledge, for determining the extent of crime committed by illegal immigrants. Every source you listed has either a financial or political interest in promoting illegal immigration. The FBI does not release information about illegal immigrants and crime. The Marshall Projects Founder describes himself as a crusader for social justice. Libs are great at masking their sources, but once you peel several layers of the onion, you find the usual suspects -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Barsky

Your poll is about as dumb as any.

For the question - I care a person was murdered. I don't care about the murderers immigration status or the victims occupation.

How’s it garbage, and why should anyone care you think it’s garbage?

So then you don’t support the sanctuary laws that by design are meant to impede the investigation and prosecution of those crimes specifically because of the perpetrators immigration status?

Get off that high horse. Dems have been misrepresenting the reality of police shootings which involve black men for decades. Illegal immigrant crime is a legitimate problem on the other hand. It's impossible to live in a Sanctuary State and not be effected somehow, whether its losing a relative to drugs smuggled in by illegals, paying higher taxes which are used to pay for illegals, or being the victim of a crime.

My horse isn't high...yours is just drunk on kool-aide.

Stop playing the victim...more than half the states in the country have more crime than California and they aren't even sanctuary states.

States crime rankings

This poll is so biased I can't respond - none of the answers even approach what my response would be.

My answer would be something along the lines of "murder is very rarely a good thing, but using a single event involving several people to place blame on millions is just stupid."

Last edited:
Texas has a higher murder rate than California and they have the death penalty. In fact, over half the states in the country have a higher murder rate than California and many of them also have the death penalty. That would suggest that the death penalty is not as much of deterrent to violent crime as some would like to believe.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/murder-rate-by-state/

"...In a state-by- state analysis, The Times found that during the last 20 years, the homicide rate in states with the death penalty has been 48 percent to 101 percent higher than in states without the death penalty..."

States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

Maybe you should be glad that California doesn't have a death penalty.

Texas has a higher murder rate than California and they have the death penalty

But, Calif is just a few states below Texas on the list

Could it be also simply that the Drug cartel operates more in Texas vs Calif?

"...In a state-by- state analysis, The Times found that during the last 20 years, the homicide rate in states with the death penalty has been 48 percent to 101 percent higher than in states without the death penalty..."

States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates | Death Penalty Information Center [/indent]

1. You have made some very good points.

2. Maybe capital punishment is NOT a deterrent.

a. Killers are either too stupid to think about the consequences, or -- more likely -- they do not even think.

3. So I guess that I favor capital punishment because it gives closure to the victims' families.

s. In a "civilized" society, the victim's family cannot murder the perpetrator, so I feel that the state should.

Have a nice day!

You're gonna need a source for that claim.

Hello,

That is not a claim.

That is just my prediction.

Based on certain factors (that I am not allowed to state), I have no doubt that violent crime will grow in the coming decades.

Of course, I hope that I am wrong.

Have a nice day!

I'm not a democrat or republican.

I believe that democrats rely on immigrants for the vote, and do not care what background these people have before they get here.

But, Calif is just a few states below Texas on the list

Could it be also simply that the Drug cartel operates more in Texas vs Calif?

I dunno...does the cartel operate in Alaska, too? It's rated third worst state for crime right under the second worst, Louisiana...neither of which borders Mexico.

Correlation does not imply causation.

I dunno...does the cartel operate in Alaska, too? It's rated third worst state for crime right under the second worst, Louisiana...neither of which borders Mexico.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Alaska is a whole different animal? untamed, no secret . Also, the long winter there can do crazy things to people

Louisiana.

Hm...... Thanks for mention.

Did you see what I see? Louisiana and Missp. are at the top?

Any collation with it's high Black population?

How’s it garbage, and why should anyone care you think it’s garbage?

So then you don’t support the sanctuary laws that by design are meant to impede the investigation and prosecution of those crimes specifically because of the perpetrators immigration status?

If you think asking a ridiculous extremely polarized question probably provoked by an alt right meme you saw on Facebook adds any credibility to your thread you are mistaken.

Along with illegal immigration you get a lot of criminals pushed across the US border. None of these people are vetted at all, and I'm sure governments like Mexico are taking advantage of the situation to rid themselves of a lot of bad actors. Just like Castro did. So these crimes shouldn't surprise anybody. You get what you incentivize.

Who's fault is that? There is no immigration clause in our federal Constitution. We should blame, "lousy management".

Who's fault is that? There is no immigration clause in our federal Constitution. We should blame, "lousy management".

Clear as mud....as usual.

It would be nice to see a poll that wasn't so one-sided for or against one point of view. Anyway....

Speaking as a Democrat, course it matters that a deputy was killed by an illegal. Don't be stupid. It's a shame and I wish it didn't happen.

But let's be real here; its a dangerous job and he knew that he could be possibly killed doing it. The odds were that if he were to be killed, it would've been by one his fellow citizens as most officers are. Most are not killed by illegals. And to make an immigration issue out of it by saying that the deputy would be alive today if the illegal wasn't here is asinine as you do not have the providence that God has to know that. Nor does it matter that it was an illegal that killed him as his professional automatically requires him to deal with anyone and everyone who crosses his path and that his likelihood of a violent death jumps upwards drastically.

But let's call this what it is: occupational hazard. I wish it didn't happen and I hope the murderer gets his punishment, but the deputy did choose this job...an occupation that puts his life in danger every. Single. Day.

Hello,

That is not a claim.

That is just my prediction.

Based on certain factors (that I am not allowed to state), I have no doubt that violent crime will grow in the coming decades.

Of course, I hope that I am wrong.

Have a nice day!

Thanks but, nothing in your statement indicates opinion.

WTF? You lost me there. Please expand on this. How exactly is it connected to crimes and illegal immigration?

I was referring to the our government providing incentives to be at war.

Alaska is a whole different animal? untamed, no secret . Also, the long winter there can do crazy things to people

Hm...... Thanks for mention.

Did you see what I see? Louisiana and Missp. are at the top?

Any collation with it's high Black population?

I don't see any cartels in Alaska, Louisiana or Mississippi...and apparently neither do you. Yet all three have a higher crime rate than California which is blamed for being a sanctuary state and the reason they have a high crime rate. But again, more than half the states in the country have a higher crime rate and many aren't considered sanctuary states. So it stands to reason that California being a sanctuary state has little to no bearing on it's crime rate.

Last edited:
Texas has a higher murder rate than California and they have the death penalty. In fact, over half the states in the country have a higher murder rate than California and many of them also have the death penalty. That would suggest that the death penalty is not as much of deterrent to violent crime as some would like to believe.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/murder-rate-by-state/

States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

California is a particularly wicked and brutal murder state. The DP is usually only meted out when uninvolved civilians are involved. Most public service killings (thug v thug) are murder two, or manslaughter 2 and they get plea bargained down lower so they can get bounced out eventually.

As far as death row, I’d suggest putting them all on a barge and sinking it in the bay.

Please do show me, a Democrat, where I have done any of that which you claim we Democrats do.

Or show me a half dozen examples or more of other Democrats specifically doing those things you accuse them of.

Since you are making such a bold blanket claim against us Democrats I am assuming you can provide us example after example of us doing those things.

Thanks in advance!

:2wave:

Oh, by the way I didn't participate in that silly Poll since it was so poorly and prejudiciously written.

1. I live in California.

2. There are almost 800 inmates on Death Row.

3. Although the last time Californians voted on the issue, they backed capital punishment, everyone knows that for all intents and purposes, capital punishment has been abolished in this state.

a. The new governor has publicly stated that he will not allow any more executions anyway.

4. Vicious violent criminals are not stupid: They know that they will never be executed in this state, so murders occur almost every day. Besides, some murderers are let out in a few years or even have the charges reduced.

5. In the coming decades, the violent crime rate will be going through the roof.

Will send your post to our allies in Europe, who have lower murder rates and no death penalty. Perhaps they will re-institute the death penalty before violent crimes go through the roof there as well.

Back
Top Bottom