• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Schools to Train Kids to Sell ObamaCare

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The Los Angeles Unified School District will use a state grant to train teens to promote ObamaCare to family members. Covered California, the state's health insurance exchange, announced grants of $37 million on May 14 to promote the nationally unpopular law.

LAUSD will receive $990,000. The district listed as a primary outcome for its project, “Teens trained to be messengers to family members.”

California Schools to Train Kids to Sell ObamaCare | Heartlander Magazine

about 75 tears ago another tyrant used the same tactic using propaganda to brainwash the nations kids to further his agenda

remember the Hitler youth?

Hey if a kid learns enough to be able to convince adults to take advantage of an opportunity available to them, then so be it. My issues with the mandatory provisions do not prevent me from thinking a little knowledge on the subject isn't a good thing. Too bad too many people who think they are going to be getting free Blue Cross are going to be getting free medicaid that fewer people take.

It's actually really, really sad.

The bill's so unpopular among adults, they have to resort to brainwashing children.

Sad.

If some guy says it on a blog it must be true.

It's a rightwing hoax, picked up by the rightwing blogosphere. No documentary support for it at all.

God, tea partiers are gullible imps.

Hey if a kid learns enough to be able to convince adults to take advantage of an opportunity available to them, then so be it. My issues with the mandatory provisions do not prevent me from thinking a little knowledge on the subject isn't a good thing. Too bad too many people who think they are going to be getting free Blue Cross are going to be getting free medicaid that fewer people take.

it will be biased misinformation and kids are not mature enough to understand and question the misinformation
only one side of the issue will be given

It's a rightwing hoax, picked up by the rightwing blogosphere. No documentary support for it at all.

then prove it not true

Seeing as how that article had quotes and links to CA officials, school district officials as well as documents from both, I'd say your pronouncements are nothing more than the result of reading something you don't want to believe or consider. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

it will be biased misinformation and kids are not mature enough to understand and question the misinformation
only one side of the issue will be given

Well the pre-existing condition registry closed in February and I doubt most people with pre-existing conditions knew that they were supposed to register to have it not count against them, I'd say any information is better than none. This is going to be an unmitigated disaster and the left will blame the right, and probably successfully so even though it is devoid of truth.

So why is this bad? Obamacare is now law and it would be nice if somebody actually understood it (I don't).

More useful than geometry.

Seeing as how that article had quotes and links to CA officials, school district officials as well as documents from both, I'd say your pronouncements are nothing more than the result of reading something you don't want to believe or consider. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

The article has no links to the quotes. It does link to the Outreach and Education Grant Program Notice, which doesn't say anything the article claims. Nothing about "training" kids in Obamacare, nothing about propaganda. It appears to simply fund teaching kids about the health care system in California which now includes health care exchanges. By the way, it's clear the original poster didn't bother to check the link out or he'd know that.

So it looks like a typical rightwing factoid. Knowledge frightens the conservative mind.

Last edited:
No, no my friend. You have to prove it is true. I get to sit and watch you fail

its you who is questioning the source so the ball is in your court to discredit the source

its you who is questioning the source so the ball is in your court to discredit the source

When painted into a corner, it turns to "I know you are, but what am I?"

The article has no links to the quotes. It does link to the Outreach and Education Grant Program Notice, which doesn't say anything the article claims. Nothing about "training" kids in Obamacare, nothing about propaganda. It appears to simply fund teaching kids about the health care system in California which now includes health care exchanges. By the way, it's clear the original poster didn't bother to check the link out or he'd know that.

So it looks like a typical rightwing factoid. Knowledge frightens the conservative mind.

LOL!! No links to quotes?? You are kidding me, right? If that bothers you, then you probably discount every quote you see in a mainstream news article...or any other article. They hardly ever have links. The fact that they quote something is usually enough for most people.

Also, the PDF DOES say exactly what the article quotes it as saying. Read page 28.

As usual, dude...you'll come up with any hackish attitude that enables you to discount that which you don't want to hear...and on top of it all, you'll try to make it sound like conservatives are the bad guys. Don't you get tired of all that?

Back
Top Bottom