• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California public health director leaves job 5 months into COVID-19 pandemic

eman623

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Our governor is such a tool. Gavin "Newsollini" Newsom.

Here's the background. Gavin or "Il Stupe" got up in front of a microphone and gave a thumbs-up, "Covid is bad but everything is great!" speech. Then a few days later, California Department of Public Health Director Dr. Sonia Angell made an announcement that testing in CA is a mess and there are 300,000 tests that have been waiting weeks to be run and this is affecting the ability of counties to reopen.

Then for no apparent reason (probably just coincidence), Dr Angell resigns with no explanation, and the governor says he does not want to discuss personnel matters publicly. Dude! She's the state health director during the worst health crisis in a century. You don't want to discuss her leaving?

This is what happens when you have one-party rule. You get incompetence and tools like Newsom. BTW, he has presidential aspirations. Be afraid.

Update: California public health director leaves job 5 months into COVID-19 pandemic

By Sophia Bollag, The Sacramento Bee 15 hrs ago

California Department of Public Health Director Dr. Sonia Angell announced Sunday she is leaving her job, becoming the second top-ranking health official in Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration to depart during the COVID-19 pandemic.

On Monday, Newsom refused to answer questions about Angell’s departure, saying he did not want to discuss personnel matters publicly. He said she submitted a resignation letter, but he would not say if he asked her to resign.

Angell’s resignation came in the wake of human and technology errors that caused a significant undercount of coronavirus cases in the state’s infectious disease reporting database known as CalREDIE. Newsom declined to say if Angell resigned over the problem.

Update: California public health director leaves job 5 months into COVID-19 pandemic

You know it's kind of funny but if you actually look at the Twitter feeds of governors you'd probably be surprised that a large number of them are in the reject pile by their citizens. I first started reading things on Georgia reopening which eventually led me to Kemp's account. He's about as popular as a bad rash in summer heat. In the meantime my cousin started constantly complaining about the Nevada governor. His Twitter page makes Kemp's look tame. So I ventured on to other states. Ones where covid19 was rapidly making a huge come back and surprise! Those people are also not impressed with their governors.

So apparently the USA is packed full of tools impersonating governors. :shrug:

Thanks. Do you have a comment about Newsom specifically firing the state health director and refusing to talk about it?

You know it's kind of funny but if you actually look at the Twitter feeds of governors you'd probably be surprised that a large number of them are in the reject pile by their citizens. I first started reading things on Georgia reopening which eventually led me to Kemp's account. He's about as popular as a bad rash in summer heat. In the meantime my cousin started constantly complaining about the Nevada governor. His Twitter page makes Kemp's look tame. So I ventured on to other states. Ones where covid19 was rapidly making a huge come back and surprise! Those people are also not impressed with their governors.

Actually, only about half the country.

Thanks. Do you have a comment about Newsom specifically firing the state health director and refusing to talk about it?

Do you have a credible source that proves she was fired?

Do you have a credible source that proves she was fired?

Well, that's the $64 question. She gave no reason whatsoever,which is itself very suspicious. The silence is deafening.

Normally I'd say ask the governor why she resigned, but he's stonewalling and there's no credible opposition in this state to call him out on it.

Last edited:
Well, that's the $64 question. She gave no reason whatsoever,which is itself very suspicious. The silence is deafening.

Normally I'd say ask the governor why she resigned, but he's stonewalling and there's no credible opposition in this state to call him out on it.

So then you admit you've just made up that Newsome fired her.

:doh

So then you admit you've just made up that Newsome fired her.

:doh

Congrats Sherlock. Yes. I offered an opinion. One backed up with very strong circumstantial evidence. If she had voluntarily resigned then why she and would the governor be so reticent to discuss her leaving? And why did she leave right after she publicly reported the bad news?

It's not unlike what you did when you anecdotally used your cousin's twitter page to opine how popular the Nevada governor is. Are you going to back that opinion up? And every other opinion you've ever offered on DP? I doubt it. Do as I say, not as I do.

Do you have an opinion on the topic of this thread that doesn't involve you being a fact vs opinion Nazi? Why do you think she left so abruptly and with no reason offered?

Congrats Sherlock. Yes. I offered an opinion. One backed up with very strong circumstantial evidence. If she had voluntarily resigned then why she and would the governor be so reticent to discuss her leaving? And why did she leave right after she publicly reported the bad news?

It's not unlike what you did when you anecdotally used your cousin's twitter page to opine how popular the Nevada governor is. Are you going to back that opinion up? And every other opinion you've ever offered on DP? I doubt it. Do as I say, not as I do.

Do you have an opinion on the topic of this thread that doesn't involve you being a fact vs opinion Nazi? Why do you think she left so abruptly and with no reason offered?

Well, I can tell your reading ability isn't the sharpest for details, but my commenting on Governors was that it had recently come to my attention just how many are unpopular in their states after reading some of their Twitter accounts.

As for this woman, she may have been fired or she may have resigned. I have zero opinion on her leaving the position without that answer.

...my commenting on Governors was that it had recently come to my attention just how many are unpopular in their states after reading some of their Twitter accounts.

As for this woman, she may have been fired or she may have resigned. I have zero opinion on her leaving the position without that answer.

Your comments on other governors are as irrelevant here as your lame demand that I prove my opinions, which just makes me ass-tired.

I think Dr. Angell was fired (or more specifically forced to resign which is effectively the same thing). I don't give Newsom the benefit of the doubt because he's stonewalling and refusing to answer questions about it or even discuss the sudden departure of a highly visible public health figure during the biggest health crisis in a century.

Your comments on other governors are as irrelevant here as your lame demand that I prove my opinions, which just makes me ass-tired.

I think Dr. Angell was fired (or more specifically forced to resign which is effectively the same thing). I don't give Newsom the benefit of the doubt because he's stonewalling and refusing to answer questions about it or even discuss the sudden departure of a highly visible public health figure during the biggest health crisis in a century.

I'll agree on the bolded.

Enjoy your thread. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom