• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Progressives Dig Deeper Economic Hole

ocean515

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
California Legislature approves raising minimum wage to $10 — the highest of any state - San Jose Mercury News

SACRAMENTO -- California's lowest-paid workers are in store for a 25 percent raise after lawmakers late Thursday boosted the Golden State's minimum wage to the highest of any state in the country.

In the final hours of its 2013 regular session, the Legislature voted to hike the minimum wage from $8 an hour to $9 next July and $10 by January 2016 -- a move Democrats praised as a boon to struggling workers and Republicans lambasted as a "job killer."

Gov. Jerry Brown has already promised to sign the bill, making California a leader in a growing movement to increase wages for the working poor spurred by protesting fast-food workers across the country.​

With the added cost of Obamacare, the nations harshest environmental regulations, the nations highest income and sales taxes, and now with Browns certain signature, the nations highest minimum wage, how much longer do progressives think small business owners will be able to operate in California?

California Legislature approves raising minimum wage to $10 — the highest of any state - San Jose Mercury News

SACRAMENTO -- California's lowest-paid workers are in store for a 25 percent raise after lawmakers late Thursday boosted the Golden State's minimum wage to the highest of any state in the country.

In the final hours of its 2013 regular session, the Legislature voted to hike the minimum wage from $8 an hour to $9 next July and $10 by January 2016 -- a move Democrats praised as a boon to struggling workers and Republicans lambasted as a "job killer."

Gov. Jerry Brown has already promised to sign the bill, making California a leader in a growing movement to increase wages for the working poor spurred by protesting fast-food workers across the country.​

With the added cost of Obamacare, the nations harshest environmental regulations, the nations highest income and sales taxes, and now with Browns certain signature, the nations highest minimum wage, how much longer do progressives think small business owners will be able to operate in California?

I feel for you! This is nuts.
Also whats up with illegals getting drivers licences ?

I'm afraid Cal is going down at some point.:cry:

I feel for you! This is nuts.
Also whats up with illegals getting drivers licences ?

I'm afraid Cal is going down at some point.:cry:

Hi Penn.

One has to love how the Progressives, who completely control the Legislature, push through these last minute things. So, hammer iron bolts through the heart of small business, and then with a likely swipe of the poison pen, Brown will reward illegal aliens with California drivers licenses, opening the door to additional theft of scarce resources by the bought and owned group.

I guess the axiom it's darkest before the dawn will hold true for this once great state.

I suppose that is one way to boost your tax receipts as people flee your state.

Hmmm, almost makes one suspect that some agenda might be in play here to hamstring business! :afraid: :eek:

Good afternoon, ocean515.

It's good news for Oregon. All the tech business flees up this way. We have the water, reliable power and we're not completely nuts.

Hmmm, almost makes one suspect that some agenda might be in play here to hamstring business! :afraid: :eek:

Good afternoon, ocean515.

Hi Polgara :2wave:

It's been my habit to think about the end game surrounding the actions of others. I guess that would be the "why" question.

For the life of me, I can't imagine what that is when it comes to what Progressives are doing here in California.

It's mind boggling how far they are willing to go to deflate economic opportunity in a state that is already home to more than 30 percent of nations welfare cases.

Truley, the Progressive Agenda is on full display here, and it should sound an ominous warning to the rest of the country.

Hi Polgara :2wave:

It's been my habit to think about the end game surrounding the actions of others. I guess that would be the "why" question.

For the life of me, I can't imagine what that is when it comes to what Progressives are doing here in California.

It's mind boggling how far they are willing to go to deflate economic opportunity in a state that is already home to more than 30 percent of nations welfare cases.

Truley, the Progressive Agenda is on full display here, and it should sound an ominous warning to the rest of the country.

A loud AMEN to that! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom