• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Official's $800,000 Salary in City of 38,000 Triggers Protests

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
It was the first council meeting since the Los Angeles Times reported July 15 that Chief Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo earns $787,637 -- with annual 12 percent raises -- and that Bell pays its police chief $457,000, more than Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck makes in a city of 3.8 million people. Bell council members earn almost $100,000 for part-time work.

California Official's $800,000 Salary in City of 38,000 Triggers Protests - Bloomberg

Man. Where do I sign up for one of those gigs?

I'm sure this has nothing to do with California's money problems :D

For tax payer funded servants they sure making way more than what any servant should be paid.

It was the first council meeting since the Los Angeles Times reported July 15 that Chief Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo earns $787,637 -- with annual 12 percent raises -- and that Bell pays its police chief $457,000, more than Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck makes in a city of 3.8 million people. Bell council members earn almost $100,000 for part-time work.

California Official's $800,000 Salary in City of 38,000 Triggers Protests - Bloomberg

Man. Where do I sign up for one of those gigs?

I'm sure this has nothing to do with California's money problems :D

The first place you sign up is as a Democrat party member.
Next get yourself appointed by a local government that is majority Democrat run.
Next, well you may have to bare or kiss an a$$ or three.

For tax payer funded servants they sure making way more than what any servant should be paid.

If you think this is bad, you should take a look at how Illinois is run?

So what would you do about this? I would do absolutely nothing about it. It's the nature of the marketplace. The small town wanted a good administrator and police chief, and were willing to pay for it. Also, if it doesn't work out, then I am sure the voters of the town will show their displeasure with their vote. If they vote to keep it as it is, it is their business, not that of anybody else.

Back
Top Bottom