• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California, New York handled COVID-19 lockdowns the worst, Florida among the best, a new study shows

Tracking? No, reading the response, yes, and hard to miss the like
Interesting. I pay that no mind, but YMMV. It's interesting you remember something like that yet ask questions repeatedly that have already been answered; strange things to remember and forget. So where's the chart?

A reason for the Florida suspect numbers.
Dr. David Cutler, a family medicine physician at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, told Healthline.

“Because Florida only reports those positive cases among people who are full-time residents of Florida. So, if your full-time residence is in Ohio, and you have a condo in Miami Beach and you go down there and you get COVID, you’re not a case in Florida. You’re not even a case in Ohio. You’re nothing, and that’s why I don’t put a lot of impact on that Florida case rate.”

Interesting. I pay that no mind, but YMMV. It's interesting you remember something like that yet ask questions repeatedly that have already been answered; strange things to remember and forget. So where's the chart?
The reason I ask the same question over and over again is because although you say they have been answered, you are mistaken, another poster would claim that you lied but I am not doing that, just calling it a mistake. Don't see any answer to my post challenging those GDP and Employment numbers, wonder why?

A reason for the Florida suspect numbers.
Dr. David Cutler, a family medicine physician at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, told Healthline.

“Because Florida only reports those positive cases among people who are full-time residents of Florida. So, if your full-time residence is in Ohio, and you have a condo in Miami Beach and you go down there and you get COVID, you’re not a case in Florida. You’re not even a case in Ohio. You’re nothing, and that’s why I don’t put a lot of impact on that Florida case rate.”
There seems to be a comprehension problem in that Covid response is more than just Covid cases, it is also how those lockdowns impacted economic activity as well. Florida opened up quicker than California and NY putting people back to work so when California and NY had over 6% unemployment, Florida's was 4.5%.

More bad news from Blue states and although reported by Fox the information comes from Wall Street Journal and Brookings institute. Listen to the video where your state is mentioned, for every 1 person moving to NJ 3 people are moving out, why?

More bad news from Blue states and although reported by Fox the information comes from Wall Street Journal and Brookings institute. Listen to the video where your state is mentioned, for every 1 person moving to NJ 3 people are moving out, why?

It appears you have the people moving to those states to thank for that; make sure to send them your thanks. As for people leaving, we've covered that numerous times yet here you are asking the same question over and over again.

broken-record-record.gif

I am curious to see what this will do for elections, since most of the transplants take their political leans with them, and since they're mainly moving to other blue cities, it could very well end up like other cities in red states; Raleigh, Austin, and Atlanta come to mind. My view on this has never been against people spreading out; it's actually quite the opposite.

It appears you have the people moving to those states to thank for that; make sure to send them your thanks. As for people leaving, we've covered that numerous times yet here you are asking the same question over and over again.

broken-record-record.gif

I am curious to see what this will do for elections, since most of the transplants take their political leans with them, and since they're mainly moving to other blue cities, it could very well end up like other cities in red states; Raleigh, Austin, and Atlanta come to mind. My view on this has never been against people spreading out; it's actually quite the opposite.
I remain interested in why you support the Democrat ideology and ignore the results in your own state? As for bringing their ideology to Red states, let's see if the cost of living resonates

The reason I ask the same question over and over again is because although you say they have been answered, you are mistaken, another poster would claim that you lied but I am not doing that, just calling it a mistake. Don't see any answer to my post challenging those GDP and Employment numbers, wonder why?

Incorrect. Just recently I cited where I answered one of your repetitive questions and provided a link to it. My memory, and a bit of effort shows you up every time. If you had stated that I lied, then you would look foolish. The fact you don't bother to either remember what people respond on various topics or research, is your failing. No matter how hard you try to lay this on others, the "personal responsibility" you supposedly cherish should kick in so you're better prepared for debates. Do better.

I remain interested in why you support the Democrat ideology and ignore the results in your own state?
:sleep:

I've covered those reasons extensively, as I have explained numerous times that you confuse my challenging bad arguments being something very different than defending any one ideology. That you can only think of discussions in those terms is your failing, not mine.

As for bringing their ideology to Red states, let's see if the cost of living resonates
It does, but what doesn't change are people's broader political views. If someone from NJ moves to Florida, they don't suddenly say "Hey, now I'm gonna vote GOP!"; it's why some states have become more purple.

The 2020 election was all about Covid response and the blame game against Trump. Now with the reports out and Biden in the WH, the 2020 response is totally ignored as are the results. As always civics challenged individuals seek to blame the President for Covid response when the reality is that isn't the role of the President. The President did his job, getting a vaccine approved in record time but the left will continue to promote that blame game. this OP again is about the failures of liberal leadership all over the country micromanaging personal responsibility issues and failing.

:sleep:

I've covered those reasons extensively, as I have explained numerous times that you confuse my challenging bad arguments being something very different than defending any one ideology. That you can only think of discussions in those terms is your failing, not mine.

It does, but what doesn't change are people's broader political views. If someone from NJ moves to Florida, they don't suddenly say "Hey, now I'm gonna vote GOP!"; it's why some states have become more purple.
Yes we know, you want your full state and local taxes fully deducted from your federal return. People living in Florida have more spendable income than you have and unless they believe your rhetoric they will never vote for liberal economics

You are making a big deal out of the word double ignoring the 9.3 trillion added to the debt, why?
the right keeps saying he " DOUBLED THE DEBT " and that is NOT a mistake it is a LIE
I never said Obama didn't run the debt up more then anybody I was just pointing out your so called " MISTAKE " the out right LIE the right keeps telling.
Have a nice day

Yes we know, you want your full state and local taxes fully deducted from your federal return.
:ROFLMAO:

More reading comprehension failings.

People living in Florida have more spendable income than you have and unless they believe your rhetoric they will never vote for liberal economics
Some might, some might not. What an absurdly broad generalization to make. You're on the FAIL rail today it seems.

200.gif

:ROFLMAO:

More reading comprehension failings.

Some might, some might not. What an absurdly broad generalization to make. You're on the FAIL rail today it seems.
Do you even know what spendable income is? It is your salary minus your taxes minus your withholding. Florida has lower taxes than you therefore someone making the same amount as you has more take home pay

Do you even know what spendable income is? It is your salary minus your taxes minus your withholding. Florida has lower taxes than you therefore someone making the same amount as you has more take home pay
tumblr_psmyqiW7uA1urlwx8_500.gifv

Sure, but they don't have access to some of the things I do, which is why I live here and not in Florida. Have fun on your solo rant ride!

Back
Top Bottom