• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California, New York handled COVID-19 lockdowns the worst, Florida among the best, a new study shows

Aw, yes, I forgot the right promoting personal responsibility remains the problem with you. We cannot allow people to keep more of what they earn and take power away from the bureaucrats so we promote BS like you just posted

Correct, you want people who can’t afford to stay home during a deadly pandemic to catch the disease and die.

The 2020 election was all about Covid response and the blame game against Trump. Now with the reports out and Biden in the WH, the 2020 response is totally ignored as are the results. As always civics challenged individuals seek to blame the President for Covid response when the reality is that isn't the role of the President. The President did his job, getting a vaccine approved in record time but the left will continue to promote that blame game. this OP again is about the failures of liberal leadership all over the country micromanaging personal responsibility issues and failing.
The pandemic gave Trump the opportunity to become the leader we needed, to step up and lead by example. When things started to get serious, I was more than willing to fall in behind him, if he was prepared to become the man we needed him to be. Instead he acted like the pandemic was just a big inconvenience to his own personal political ambitions. He showed that what he cares most about is himself, and not the country. That's not the kind of man who deserves to be president.

Correct, you want people who can’t afford to stay home during a deadly pandemic to catch the disease and die.
Right, you know exactly what everyone else wants and got exactly what you wanted someone in the WH who would spend tax payer money to assist you

The pandemic gave Trump the opportunity to become the leader we needed, to step up and lead by example. When things started to get serious, I was more than willing to fall in behind him, if he was prepared to become the man we needed him to be. Instead he acted like the pandemic was just a big inconvenience to his own personal political ambitions. He showed that what he cares most about is himself, and not the country. That's not the kind of man who deserves to be president.
And what exactly supports that claim of yours? The Vaccine? the reimbursements to states for Covid expenses? the Hospital ship to NYC? The signing of the stimulus in March? 74 million Americans got it right but still there is quite a gap between fact and fiction in the liberal world.

yes and what was CDC and WHO saying in February? when was the travel ban implemented? The left promoted this claim for most of 2020 ignoring the actions taken. The pandemic was declared in Mid March 2020. He did nothing? no travel ban in January??
That “ban” still allowed 300,000 people to travel from China.

It was also useless.

Covid hit NYC from Europe

Right, you know exactly what everyone else wants and got exactly what you wanted someone in the WH who would spend tax payer money to assist you

I didn’t need any assistance. But I also have empathy for other people who do, as opposed to being a “**** you, I’ve got mine” sociopath like most conservatives.

That “ban” still allowed 300,000 people to travel from China.

It was also useless.

Covid hit NYC from Europe
And yet action was taken long before the pandemic was declared. useless? Why? because the left says so? The travel ban destroys your narrative about Trump not caring. You however continued to buy the liberal rhetoric even ignoring the liberal actions like Pelosi going to Chinatown and promoting tourism during that time.

But the lockdowns prevented people from taking public transportation. That is the entire point, the lockdowns which are Governor and mayor responsibilities actually hurt more than helped.
That's not true. A lot of people still had to work. Also, we can't forget that the virus has an incubation period of about a week, not to mention the number of people that had it, were contagious but didn't know they were. In a weeks span, one person could infection thousands on the NYC subway system alone. All of this could have taken place well before any lockdowns were initiated.

While in Florida, folks tend to drive everywhere.

It's not an apples to apples comparison, just on its face.

I didn’t need any assistance. But I also have empathy for other people who do, as opposed to being a “**** you, I’ve got mine” sociopath like most conservatives.
LOL, right, because I don't support your claims I am a sociopath but then again my claims are backed by data and the facts, yours by propaganda, lies, and distortions of reality. Amazing how so many like you ignore basic civics and our Constitution including the 10th Amendment. Hatred of Trump's personality led to his defeat in November not his results.

And what exactly supports that claim of yours? The Vaccine? the reimbursements to states for Covid expenses? the Hospital ship to NYC? The signing of the stimulus in March? 74 million Americans got it right but still there is quite a gap between fact and fiction in the liberal world.
How about trump refusing to social distance or wear masks? Continuing to hold mass campaign rallies in the middle of a deadly pandemic? Remember when he invited nurses to the White House, and when they complained of a critical shortage of protective equipment, he told them they were wrong, because he was afraid of looking bad? Remember his little Covid joyride out of the hospital to wave at all his fans? Yeah, he was not the leader we needed, and he got voted out for it.

That's not true. A lot of people still had to work. Also, we can't forget that the virus has an incubation period of about a week, not to mention the number of people that had it, were contagious but didn't know they were. In a weeks span, one person could infection thousands on the NYC subway system alone. All of this could have taken place well before any lockdowns were initiated.

Sorry but 26 million Americans were unemployed in April due to the lockdown of businesses promoted by the Congress. Those lockdowns and covid requirements were forced well into 2021 when the reality is Florida and other states reopened. Covid was weaponized and results distorted to promote massive gov't that apparently you need and want. I had Covid and recovered, it wasn't a death sentence for almost 98% of the American people who contracted Covid

How about trump refusing to social distance or wear masks? Continuing to hold mass campaign rallies in the middle of a deadly pandemic? Remember when he invited nurses to the White House, and when they complained of a critical shortage of protective equipment, he told them they were wrong, because he was afraid of looking bad? Remember his little Covid joyride out of the hospital to wave at all his fans? Yeah, he was not the leader we needed, and he got voted out for it.
How about it? Personal freedoms and choices seem to be ignored by the left. No one forced anyone to go to those rallies and we still have freedom in this country to make choices that you don't agree with. If you did what the CDC said why does it matter what someone else does? You bought everything the left told you and we are all now paying for that with Biden in the WH.

How about it? Personal freedoms and choices seem to be ignored by the left. No one forced anyone to go to those rallies and we still have freedom in this country to make choices that you don't agree with. If you did what the CDC said why does it matter what someone else does? You bought everything the left told you and we are all now paying for that with Biden in the WH.
Trump's personal choices got people killed. Remember Herman Cain? That's what I thought. A president is supposed to lead by example. He's supposed to be responsible, and to care about the well being of the entire country, and everyone in it. Trump only cares about himself and his own petty ambitions. He did the absolute bare minimum that we could expect from a president during a global pandemic, and you want to laud him for that? It's pathetic.

No sense in giving the most weight, like all of it, to deaths and cases, in state COVID response. Especially when most of the worst states are red:

As for CUP, I don't believe in any org that thinks a flat tax is practical, besides ties to the large corp legislative mill ALEC and the Christian right org Council for National Policy:

YEP FOX snooz
It amazes me that Trump lied and said BS like it is going to be gone in a few days
only 10 people have it 15 people and on and on and as people said NYC got hit hard and Trump and the CDC and WHO were all out there saying conflicting things and it went from 1 woman having it in early MAR, to over 79,000 in ONE MONTH, and when they saw just how fast it spread in order to try to get it under control that is why they had the shut down
MAYBE if Trump and the CDC / WHO weren't telling lies and giving out conflicting info the Gov. of NY and the Mayor of NYC might have had an idea what to do
There was NO leadership from Trump and the Federal Gov
Have a nice day

Last edited:
And yet action was taken long before the pandemic was declared. useless? Why? because the left says so? The travel ban destroys your narrative about Trump not caring. You however continued to buy the liberal rhetoric even ignoring the liberal actions like Pelosi going to Chinatown and promoting tourism during that time.
If a President knows that a deadly pandemic is likely coming, a huge disruptive event that is going to kill a lot of people then there are many things that could be done to alleviate the impact.

Low hanging fruit would have been to stock up on PPE supplies for dispersement where needed, take stock of ventilators. and make sure that they are in working order, get all agencies on the same page as to the handling and acquisition of material needed and most importantly…. Don’t lie because you think that the pandemic is going to hurt you politically.

None of that happened.

Trump's personal choices got people killed. Remember Herman Cain? That's what I thought. A president is supposed to lead by example. He's supposed to be responsible, and to care about the well being of the entire country, and everyone in it. Trump only cares about himself and his own petty ambitions. He did the absolute bare minimum that we could expect from a president during a global pandemic, and you want to laud him for that? It's pathetic.
Oh, my, another false claim where personal responsibility doesn't exist. Now you are blaming Trump for Cain's death? You keep buying the liberal bullshit as Covid isn't a death sentence as 98% recover. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty? I doubt seriously that you ever were a Trump supporter and are now simply piling on acting like his actions or rhetoric would have changed yours. Liberal cult followers never change. Trump caring only about himself? what economic policies did Trump implement that proves that point? Trump obviously believed that people were mature enough to make their own decisions and his effort to get the vaccine was doing his job. Guess he never realized how many people like you ignored the results and bought the rhetoric

No sense in giving the most weight, like all of it, to deaths and cases, in state COVID response. Especially when most of the worst states are red:

As for CUP, I don't believe in any org that thinks a flat tax is practical, besides ties to the large corp legislative mill ALEC and the Christian right org Council for National Policy:

A lot of emphasis on Red and Blue states with little focus on the fact that Red states have the major cities blue. Wonder how that impacted the stats? TX for example is Red, right? What are Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, all major cities over a million, red or blue?

LOL, right, because I don't support your claims I am a sociopath but then again my claims are backed by data and the facts, yours by propaganda, lies, and distortions of reality. Amazing how so many like you ignore basic civics and our Constitution including the 10th Amendment. Hatred of Trump's personality led to his defeat in November not his results.

Your “data” is based on how many rich people made money.

It deliberately ignores how many people died, had permanent health complications, or were hospitalized.

Your data directly supports my contention that conservatives don’t give a shit how many people die as long as those sweet sweet profits keep rolling in.

If a President knows that a deadly pandemic is likely coming, a huge disruptive event that is going to kill a lot of people then there are many things that could be done to alleviate the impact.

And what would those be? Do you realize that we have over 330,000,000 people in this country and how many died?
Low hanging fruit would have been to stock up on PPE supplies for dispersement where needed, take stock of ventilators. and make sure that they are in working order, get all agencies on the same page as to the handling and acquisition of material needed and most importantly…. Don’t lie because you think that the pandemic is going to hurt you politically.

None of that happened.
Right what happened is we got a vaccine in record time and governors and cities responsible for what goes on in their state or city, something you cannot seem to understand

YES
it went from one woman coming from Europe to NYC was sick with it on MAR 1 and in ONE MONTH over 79,000 people had it
and just conflicting info and lies from Trump
Have a nice day

Your “data” is based on how many rich people made money.

It deliberately ignores how many people died, had permanent health complications, or were hospitalized.

Your data directly supports my contention that conservatives don’t give a shit how many people die as long as those sweet sweet profits keep rolling in.
Never said anything about rich people because I didn't know that rich meant they were Republican or Democrat. Yes, people died mostly elderly and most with underlying conditions. Conservatives give a shit about personal responsibility and not gov't overreach. Have you considered moving to a country where the gov't controls your freedom of choice?

YES
it went from one woman coming from Europe to NYC was sick with it on Apr 1 and in ONE MONTH over 79,000 people had it
and just conflicting info and lies from Trump
Have a nice day
Aw yes, such hatred of Republicans and Trump on display. What you going to do in November when Democrats get wiped out?

The 2020 election was all about Covid response and the blame game against Trump. Now with the reports out and Biden in the WH, the 2020 response is totally ignored as are the results. As always civics challenged individuals seek to blame the President for Covid response when the reality is that isn't the role of the President. The President did his job, getting a vaccine approved in record time but the left will continue to promote that blame game. this OP again is about the failures of liberal leadership all over the country micromanaging personal responsibility issues and failing.

“Committee to Unleash Prosperity”. *L*. Yes, let’s take the word of a far right extremist organization.

Back
Top Bottom