• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California man charged with stealing roommate's winning $10M lottery ticket

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...g-roommate-s-winning-10-million-lotto-n956616

The winner originally thought he had won $10,000. The ticket ended up being worth a lot more.

A Northern California man accused of stealing and trying to cash his roommate's $10 million-winning lottery ticket was arrested Monday.

Adul Saosongyang, 35, was charged with grand theft after allegedly stealing his roommate's winning Scratcher ticket and swapping it for a dud in December, according to the Vacaville Police Department.
====================================
Victim went to cash the winning ticket only to find out it had been swapped for a dud.

How does that old saying go? With friends like this who needs enemy?

Saosongyang was invited to the lottery office to collect his winnings on Jan. 7, "but instead of him celebrating his big win he was arrested by Vacaville PD Detectives," police said.

Can you imagine the emotional extremes he went through within that hour? I’m glad they sorted it out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...g-roommate-s-winning-10-million-lotto-n956616

The winner originally thought he had won $10,000. The ticket ended up being worth a lot more.

A Northern California man accused of stealing and trying to cash his roommate's $10 million-winning lottery ticket was arrested Monday.

Adul Saosongyang, 35, was charged with grand theft after allegedly stealing his roommate's winning Scratcher ticket and swapping it for a dud in December, according to the Vacaville Police Department.
====================================
Victim went to cash the winning ticket only to find out it had been swapped for a dud.

The guys last name sounds suspicious...

I guess that’s one person he would be helping out financially.

I'm not sure how you pronounce Saosongyang, but I would imagine that it doesn't sound like suspicious sounds...

;)

While that is really funny and gave me a good chuckle I do not think that you fully appreciate the gravity of this situation... his name leads many to think of nefarious thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom