• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California lawmakers traveled to Hawaii with utility executives as wildfires raged

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ca...ii-with-utility-executives-as-wildfires-raged
A group of California lawmakers took a trip to Hawaii with utility companies last year as wildfires wreaked havoc in their state.

During the junket, representatives from utility companies discussed with lawmakers just how much responsibility they should bear for wildfires – even as Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) could be on the hook for several billions of dollars in damages for fires it caused over the past few years.

The utility companies are pushing for a new state law that would raise electricity prices to offset costs incurred from wildfires, according to The New York Times.
There you go, California citizens, pay for those damn fires yourselves; and those expensive junkets too. :lol:

It's an annual event and is work. I've never seen you state that all of a state's representatives should be banned from work related out of state travel during national disasters in other parts of the state. Sounds like a nothingburger.

You dismiss Trump's actual crimes but try to make a big deal about nonsense like this.

Where was your offended sense of justice when some Trump Cabinet heads brought their wives along on junkets on the taxpayer dime?

What do you know about it? Details?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ca...ii-with-utility-executives-as-wildfires-raged

There you go, California citizens, pay for those damn fires yourselves; and those expensive junkets too. :lol:

All Democrooks... And the reason they took the all expense paid trip to HI during the raging, deadly fires... "The utility companies are pushing for a new state law that would raise electricity prices to offset costs incurred from wildfires, according to The New York Times."

It's an annual event and is work. I've never seen you state that all of a state's representatives should be banned from work related out of state travel during national disasters in other parts of the state. Sounds like a nothingburger.

You dismiss Trump's actual crimes but try to make a big deal about nonsense like this.

You dismiss Hillary's crimes but convict and sentence Trump before the Mueller report is even out.

You dismiss Hillary's crimes but convict and sentence Trump before the Mueller report is even out.

"But... But... HILLARY!!!"

I'm guessing this thread is a pathetic attempt to distract from your boy Donald's legal troubles and all the convictions being passed out to former members of his administration and campaign.

*womp womp* Epic fail.

Well you clearly did not think this thru.
You also convicted Hillary.

"But... But... HILLARY!!!"

I'm guessing this thread is a pathetic attempt to distract from your boy Donald's legal troubles and all the convictions being passed out to former members of his administration and campaign.

*womp womp* Epic fail.

yup, just another epic trolling fail. These posts are so pathetic, I actually feel bad for these people

Well you clearly did not think this thru.
You also convicted Hillary.

Of course, because I know the magnitude of her email scandal, and what would happen to ordinary federal employees.

Should they have grabbed buckets and charged into the blaze?

It's ridiculous, right wingers will actually try to claim this as some shot against democrats in California but ignore Trump golfing nearly all the time and staying in his own places, in which taxpayer money essentially goes to him. Not a peep when Trump uses his presidency to enrich himself and his businesses, but somehow california politicians doing business we should be appalled by?

The right seems to have no concept of hypocrisy. They appear to think its a virtue

Junkets for lawmakers should be someplace cheaper, and in middle America where travel is cheaper as an average. Not the most expensive places.

Back
Top Bottom