• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California lawmakers approve hiking minimum wage to $15

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So who is paying for the increase in wages?

Directly? The employer.
Ultimately? Customers.

This the part where the chicken little stuff begins?

Should be an interesting experiment.

Let's see, the global GDP is around $135 trillion. I'd say they could.

Well, isn't that an incredibly ignorant post. Why don't you explain to the class what the global GDP is.

Well, isn't that an incredibly ignorant post. Why don't you explain to the class what the global GDP is.

If you make me do that I'll have to expose why you don't understand what it means. Do you really want that? Someone has 'ALL' the money and it ain't the poor people, hell, it's not even the lower 90%.

You are!

Because if you're like most of us, you're not going to flip burgers under crappy demeaning conditions seven days a week, for starvation wages and no benefits.

So now you're gonna' give a little back, for what you enjoy.

Sound fair?

You can always fire-up the Weber if you disagree ...

If you make me do that I'll have to expose why you don't understand what it means. Do you really want that? Someone has 'ALL' the money and it ain't the poor people, hell, it's not even the lower 90%.

That doesn't answer the question. I suppose I should ask you next what percentage of businesses are small businesses.

You are!
Because if you're like most of us, you're not going to flip burgers under crappy demeaning conditions seven days a week, for starvation wages and no benefits.
So now you're gonna' give a little back, for what you enjoy.
Sound fair?
You can always fire-up the Weber if you disagree ...

now they won't either as businesses will replace them with automation machines.
they just priced themselves out of a job.

so I guess if you consider making 0 more fair than 10 dollars which is the minimum wage now in CA
then yea I guess that is fair.

who is someone? no one can have all the money it isn't possible.

Isn't great how we can just legislate this stuff? Why haven't we thought of this before? And really, is $15 enough? Shouldn't we just go to $30? Or even $50? There can't be a downside to this, the genuses that are doing this would have thought of that already.

That doesn't answer the question. I suppose I should ask you next what percentage of businesses are small businesses.

The real question smart guy is how much of business does the top 1% control. Your loaded questions aren't relevant to truth.

He seem to think a small business can just take from this big pot of gold to pay the wages he demands. It's complete nonsense. I suppose next we will learn of leprechauns and their greedy ways.

consumers will be hit with the price increases but what these people fail to realize is
economic scaling.

now they will not know what this is.

so you have your burger guy that was making 10 dollars then you had the supervisor that was probably making 15 already
then you have the manager making 20.

so the burger guy goes yea 15 an hour. the supervisor is not going to work for minimum wage he was already making it.
he will demand a raise. so he will make 18 or 19.

the manage then complains that the supervisor is almost making as much as him and he wants 25.

now you have massive wage inflation to compensate everyone.

now they won't either as businesses will replace them with automation machines.
they just priced themselves out of a job.

so I guess if you consider making 0 more fair than 10 dollars which is the minimum wage now in CA
then yea I guess that is fair.
Automation takes place continuously, regardless.

You are right though, in that it could hurry it in a bit. But it's all a matter of degree.

But as automation continues, no amount of cheapening one's wage will stop it. That's just a race to the bottom!

the final straw in the CA economy.
can't wait to see how bad their unemployment becomes now.

economic scaling will set in and you will see huge massive inflation.

Enough for Yellen to raise interest rates?

The real question smart guy is how much of business does the top 1% control. Your loaded questions aren't relevant to truth.

How about this, what percentage of people are employed by small businesses? You do realize you have no argument, right?

Oh sure, there's a small element that controls the majority. You don't really believe it's spread equally?

Isn't great how we can just legislate this stuff? Why haven't we thought of this before? And really, is $15 enough? Shouldn't we just go to $30? Or even $50? There can't be a downside to this, the genuses that are doing this would have thought of that already.

the union are pushing it big time and the reason for that is most unions have what is called "me to" clauses.
they are going to get huge raises based on the huge increase in minimum wage.

Forbes Welcome

The Center for Union Facts analyzed collective-bargaining agreements obtained from the Department of Labor’s Office of Labor-Management Standards. The data indicate that a number of unions in the service, retail and hospitality industries peg their base-line wages to the minimum wage.

How about this, what percentage of people are employed by small businesses? You do realize you have no argument, right?

You tell me.

Oh sure, there's a small element that controls the majority. You don't really believe it's spread equally?

you evidently don't understand.
market fluidity stop what you say from happening.

not only that but we have a thing called the federal reserve that monitors the money supply to ensure that there is enough.
which is why I said no one can control all of the money.

well technically the federal reserve controls the money supply but that is not what you were referring to.

Let's see, the global GDP is around $135 trillion. I'd say they could.

Does that include the part of the global where jobs tend to go when the wage spread tends toward 12 or 13 bucks an hour?

Back
Top Bottom