• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California is On Fire Again and it was Preventable

You can't be serious. It is Autumn and we are approaching Winter. Everyone - except a leftist apparently - knows that it is going to be getting colder. It doesn't matter where you live in the US, everywhere in the northern hemisphere gets colder as we approach Earth's perihelion. If you weren't aware of that reality you certainly have no business criticizing anyone for being uneducated.

Wasn't the discussion on climate change and not seasonal patterns.? Of course it gets cooler as we get into the winter months. As it gets hotter in the summer as compared to winter. The question is what is the monthly trend for the daily high and lows over decades? Is it getting cooler or hotter?

imo, President Trump was talking seasonally and the CA person was talking climate trends over time.

Wasn't the discussion on climate change and not seasonal patterns.? Of course it gets cooler as we get into the winter months. As it gets hotter in the summer as compared to winter. The question is what is the monthly trend for the daily high and lows over decades? Is it getting cooler or hotter?

imo, President Trump was talking seasonally and the CA person was talking climate trends over time.

No matter how you try to spin it, Trump was right. It will get colder and the pathetic declared of emergencies in California will pass. Only leftist freaks panic and declare emergencies during every wild fire. It is pathetic, but these leftist filth are striving to cause the nation as much harm as possible and this is just another example of that. Guess how many wild fire declared emergencies Alaska has made this year? ZERO!

No matter how you try to spin it, Trump was right. It will get colder and the pathetic declared of emergencies in California will pass. Only leftist freaks panic and declare emergencies during every wild fire. It is pathetic, but these leftist filth are striving to cause the nation as much harm as possible and this is just another example of that. Guess how many wild fire declared emergencies Alaska has made this year? ZERO!

What i posted was not spin. Only you would continue your political rant in most every topic. I will make a prediction AK will experience colder temperatures and then it will get warmer. Then there will be a time it will get colder again. The hours of daylight will diminish followed by longer time of daylght.

Have a good one. I spent too many years in wildfire fire management to know when I read or hear bs.

[FONT=&quot]Wildfires[/FONT]
[h=1]Irrefutable NASA data: global wildfire down by 25 percent[/h][FONT=&quot]Using satellite technology, NASA determined that between 2003 and 2019, global wildfires have dropped by roughly 25 percent. This makes the “climate change is worsening wildfires” argument completely moot. From NASA Earth Observatory The control of fire is a goal that may well be as old as humanity, but the systematic monitoring of fire on a…
[/FONT]

You dopes probably don't know that huge wildfires have also been burning in Siberia.

That's right, Siberia.

Hurricanes are natural. These fires are mostly the result of stupid mismanagement.

No, they weren't. Non-usual lightning strikes started most of them. Energy transmission failures started others. At least one was started by accident. We had a heatwave recently and dry weather.

So? Guess where there are no huge wild fires this year - Alaska. That's right, Alaska.

:doh

The US West coast isn't the only area of the world afire.

Derp.

California is On Fire Again and it was Preventable - California Globe

When the Save the Environment movement took hold in California, forest management ended. The Forest Service used to actually turn a profit letting companies come in and harvest (marked) trees. You would go in with a Forest Service guy and mark the types of trees he pointed out - dying, diseased, cramped and thin, “no future”, too cramped, etc.

Part of the process included the lumber harvesters creating burn piles to light in the winter*. As the environment lobby took hold, every fire was immediately extinguished**. Slash was piled but not burned. Fire was bad because it killed trees and scared Bambi. Logging on public land mostly ceased.

*You would start your burn pile and cover it with plastic to keep it dry, then like triple the size of the pile with the rest of the slash. Then shove a lit signal flare in it December and run! The plastic was the first thing outlawed, effectively ending burn piles. Sadly, I was back in school when they lit those pyres! Damn.

** the Indians routinely lit the forest on fire to bring game back in to feed on the new growth and make hunting easier. You can’t hunt in a thicket.

So today, the forests and particularly the people who live in them are paying the price for misdirected forest management. If it were up to me most of the destroyed properties should not be rebuilt, but be bought by the state and returned to uninhabited forest. For the most part, they are putting out fires to save homes that were built in the wrong place. These fires are going to continue until it rains.
The worst disaster in California is not forest fires, drought, or even earthquakes...It's by far the Democrat Party.

In fact; the Democrat Party is America's worst disaster...it has literally been destroying the United States for decades.

The Democrat Party destroyed jobs first, then entire cities, next entire forests and now they're destroying the entire nation.

I found this quote on another site: "If climate change is burning down the West Coast, how come the rest of the world isn't on fire?"

I want to amend this a bit due to my experience in a church aid task force.

Many of the people who “live in the forest” are poor “retirement refugees” from the city. I met a person who sold his home in Modesto, took what equity he had and bought a single wide and three acres way the bleep up the hill. The photos he showed me were of poverty and uncleared land - flammable manzinita bushes 6’ tall, right outside the door.

He bought there because he was having trouble keeping up with his house payments so he bailed out into something he could own and afford. There are hundreds like him up there. Do a bit of Google Earth of Paradise, CA to see the destruction, then zoom in around those townships, and you see next years victims. Paradise’s problem is not unique - roads are little mire than paved stagecoach trails from the 1800’s, so you can get easily trapped.

If California wasn’t supporting half of Mexico, plus 1/3 of the nation’s poor, they could afford to hire our idle young men and women to work in the forests.

Like I tell my kids “Take care of business or business will take care of you!”

Back
Top Bottom