• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Is A Failed State

California has the same population as Canada, but California is twice as rich as Canada.

They are moving out of here in droves. Our taxes are high, gas here is $3.19 a gallon for regular. And Sacramento is constantly trying to sneak in more tax increases. I've been here 34 years now.
This mass exodus is one reason my home state, Arizona, is getting more and more Democrat. The foolish Californians bring their liberal politics with them and will eventually wreck AZ, too.
I'd leave, too, buy my entire family is here
U-Haul rental, LA to Phoenix- about $1500. Phoenix to LA, same truck? $600. I'll let that speak for itself.

EDIT: And California license plates are hated in small town AZ, where I'm from.

Good old Jon Gabriel, spin doctor of the Goldwater Institute, close associate of Dug Douche....says something bad about Cali?

No way!

He cites Chris Rufo of the Discover Institute?

You're kidding!

Unfortunately, his lament that they "leave their policies (in CA)" is just whistling past the graveyard for a dying breed of AZ cons....it just makes AZ more blue.

They are moving out of here in droves. Our taxes are high, gas here is $3.19 a gallon for regular. And Sacramento is constantly trying to sneak in more tax increases. I've been here 34 years now.
This mass exodus is one reason my home state, Arizona, is getting more and more Democrat. The foolish Californians bring their liberal politics with them and will eventually wreck AZ, too.
I'd leave, too, buy my entire family is here
U-Haul rental, LA to Phoenix- about $1500. Phoenix to LA, same truck? $600. I'll let that speak for itself.

EDIT: And California license plates are hated in small town AZ, where I'm from.
Yeah, and AZ plates are hated in San Diego!

Yeah, and AZ plates are hated in San Diego!

Zonys? Na, not hated. Bad drivers, but not hated. Last time I went back to see relatives in AZ, I had to explain that i was a 2nd generation Arizonan. Damn California plates, :)

4th largest economy in the world

what is wrong with you folks that you post like this? did you all take stupid pills?

It's like saying the biggest employment drop in history is proof of the greatest economy in history.:confused:

It's like saying the biggest unemployment drop in history is proof of the greatest economy in history.:confused:

you have no clue about economics obviously

very Trumpian

Yet still more dependent on the rest of us than North Dakota. Liberals do like their income inequality... especially when someone else is paying.

Yet still more dependent on the rest of us than 9 other states. Liberals do like their income inequality... especially when someone else is paying.

what are you talking about?

My state of California is studying a proposal to give reparations to a certain ethnicity that is in the headlines every day.

Gosh! If California is going to give away taxpayers' money for wrongs done in the past, I hope that it also considers giving reparations to our model minority, Chinese-Americans.

The Chinese were once treated horribly in California: they could not buy land, they could not serve on juries, they could not move into various neighborhoods, most jobs were closed to them, and much of this discrimination was written into the California constitution.

Today they are diligent students, are competent employees, and have the lowest crime rate of any ethnicity in this country. They actually deserve reparations.

Yet still more dependent on the rest of us than North Dakota. Liberals do like their income inequality... especially when someone else is paying.
CA is the highest in fed taxes paid out in nominal terms, 6th in per capita. ND can only make that claim when oil fracking prices peak. You r sense of proportion is so whack.

You right wingers are a bunch of snowflakes. You wish California was wiped out. As a signpost of the perils of liberal thought. We libs think you flyover folks are backward and shouldnt be telling th3e rest of us what to do, and you go all civil war.

Zonys? Na, not hated. Bad drivers, but not hated.
Yes, cursed. Heard it often from locals in my 10 years there.

As far as "bad drivers", it took me at least a year to get back to a slow and steady Tucson style, rather than the pedal to metal I-5 madness. Coming back to Phx, it is just like SoCal all over again.

Last time I went back to see relatives in AZ, I had to explain that i was a 2nd generation Arizonan. Damn California plates, :)
Lemme guess, north rim, where they keep the daughters and kick out the sons?

what is wrong with you folks that you post like this? did you all take stupid pills?

What did California do to actually have an economy this large, other than get lucky with Silicon Valley?

Back
Top Bottom