• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Is A Failed State

Yes, cursed. Heard it often from locals in my 10 years there.

As far as "bad drivers", it took me at least a year to get back to a slow and steady Tucson style, rather than the pedal to metal I-5 madness. Coming back to Phx, it is just like SoCal all over again.

Lemme guess, north rim, where they keep the daughters and kick out the sons?

Prescott. I'm originally from Bisbee, though.

The foolish Californians bring their liberal politics with them and will eventually wreck AZ, too.

California liberals are responsible for the mess here.

Then they leave because of the mess that they created & move to another state where they vote for the same failed policies.

What a nerve!

California liberals are responsible for the mess here.

Then they leave because of the mess that they created & move to another state where they vote for the same failed policies.

What a nerve!

I've heard they're screwing up Nevada, too.

What did California do to actually have an economy this large, other than get lucky with Silicon Valley?

THE WEST COAST, has been a focus of innovation for as long as there were highways. This is due to no mob. You dont need anyones permission to start a business.

Only the truly blind wouldn't notice it.

Yeah, many who envy California love to poke at it. They are jealous.

yeah, some who came here are returning, fine by me.

40,000,000 still choose to live here, and if someone wants to leave, we have too many to begin with.

But you didn't mention California is the 5th largest economy in the world.

California has more wealth than any other state.

It has more of everything ( except land mass ) than any other state. If you want to bitch about the homeless, if you were homeless, where would you rather be, in Southern california or Oklahoma? Homeless come to CA because we're not as mean to mean to them as other states, and the weather is great.

California has a multibillion dollar surplus.

Rents are high along the coast, but it's not liberalism that causes high real estate prices in California, it's supply and demand, in other words, 'capitalism'.

You can accuse a California of a lot of things, but you cannot claim California is a failed state.

Many of the red states take more money from the federal government than they give, California gives more to the fed than it takes.

we have the best weather, coastline to die for, we have Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree parks and many more, we have huge agriculture in the San Joaquin Valley

I live in San Diego, and you live, where?

sandiegobeautiful.jpg

Only a moron can't see the beauty of California.

You like South Dakota, fine, stay there.

"Driving across Arizona, it’s hard not to notice a surge in California license plates. The reason for this is becoming more apparent every day. California is a failed state."

Also because I-10 goes from Texas to California, but okay.

There is a zero day grace period to get your car registered here if you move here.

I've heard they're screwing up Nevada, too.

We need a Constitutional amendment that allows each state to decide who can and who cannot stay as residents. This would solve so many problems.

I understand that Oregon (when it was still a nice state) used to tell tourists something like: "Welcome. Have a nice time. But do NOT stay!"

"Driving across Arizona, it’s hard not to notice a surge in California license plates. The reason for this is becoming more apparent every day. California is a failed state."

Also because I-10 goes from Texas to California, but okay.

There is a zero day grace period to get your car registered here if you move here.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did California do to actually have an economy this large, other than get lucky with Silicon Valley?

LOL, I got a real belly laugh out of this one.... thanks

This is what passes for argument from former Goldwater Institute spin doctors:

"Between 2017 and 2019, the number of homeless (in SF) jumped by 17%. According to experts, that number has risen by an additional 20% since the start of the pandemic."

He links to a SF Chronicle article that states:

As the coronavirus pandemic continues to ravage San Francisco’s economy and push more people toward poverty, a new city report says the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing is understaffed and unprepared to handle the swelling homelessness crisis.

Gee Jon, guess what, the pandemic is increasing homelessness across the country, ESPECIALLY for low quintle earners. If this admin could get its **** together, get GOP Senators back to work on legislation already passed by the House, it might not be as bad as it is.

But I guess that ruins the narrative that liberals are to blame.

They are moving out of here in droves. Our taxes are high, gas here is $3.19 a gallon for regular. And Sacramento is constantly trying to sneak in more tax increases. I've been here 34 years now.
This mass exodus is one reason my home state, Arizona, is getting more and more Democrat. The foolish Californians bring their liberal politics with them and will eventually wreck AZ, too.
I'd leave, too, buy my entire family is here
U-Haul rental, LA to Phoenix- about $1500. Phoenix to LA, same truck? $600. I'll let that speak for itself.

EDIT: And California license plates are hated in small town AZ, where I'm from.

I guess we know where the brains in your family reside (those that are staying).

40,000,000 still choose to live here, and if someone wants to leave, we have too many to begin with.

California has more wealth than any other state.

It has more of everything ( except land mass ) than any other state. If you want to bitch about the homeless, if you were homeless, where would you rather be, in Southern california or Oklahoma? Homeless come to CA because we're not as mean to mean to them as other states, and the weather is great.

Rents are high along the coast, but it's not liberalism that causes high real estate prices in California, it's supply and demand, in other words, 'capitalism'.

You can accuse a California of a lot of things, but you cannot claim California is a failed state.

Many of the red states take more money from the federal government than they give, California gives more to the fed than it takes.

we have the best weather, coastline to die for, we have Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua Tree parks and many more, we have huge agriculture in the San Joaquin Valley

I live in San Diego, and you live, where?

View attachment 67293621

Only a moron can't see the beauty of California.

You like South Dakota, fine, stay there.

Does this include the great exodus out of Calif?(LOL)

Not me!

Does that include the largest illegal alien population in our nation? (LOL)

Well, once Rome was the envy of the world(wink)

Will that go towards your 54 BILLION deficit?(LOL)

Explain your high welfare problem?

Many of the red states take more money from the federal government than they give, California gives more to the fed than it takes

That's because many Red states in the south have high Black populations(wink)

California remains one of the best places to live in the world. This statement is simply a fact.

By the way, there's a reason why you almost never see articles complaining about almost any other state.

The reason is that California is one of the best places to live in the world, and that just really drives some people ****ing crazy.

Year by year, California's population has grown consistently for over a century.

And to answer your real question: No, California doesn't want you.

#2???

#1 must have been a blue state.

Kentucky was brought up as a comparison because that’s where the OP hails from.

Speaking of Kentucky:

D1ED3EE2-32F1-49CB-92FB-E625FE517897.jpg

Personally I wouldn’t be so rude as to call someone’s state “failed” but those numbers aren’t too impressive. If only more Americans spent more time working to improve their own states rather than pointing their fingers at the states that pay the bills.

Back
Top Bottom