• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

California Governor/Lt. Governor

radioman

feckless bon vivant
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Out here on the left coast, we've got Democrat Gavin Newsom versus GOPer John Cox.
Newsom has a big lead, so I might vote for Cox just for fun.
Something about Newsom just irritates me.
The guy seems like the quintessential smarmy politician.
A recent issue of "The New Yorker" has a story about Newsom that made me feel a little better about the guy....I dunno.
I'd really like to cast a vote for Governor in Georgia, though.
Brian Kemp is a punk.

Out here on the left coast, we've got Democrat Gavin Newsom versus GOPer John Cox.
A recent issue of "The New Yorker" has a story about Newsom that made me feel a little better about the guy....I dunno.
Brian Kemp is a punk.

Newsom reminds me of an actor playing the role of a politician in a movie. Similar to the feeling i get from watching Justin Trudeau.

Brian Kemp is a punk.
I've felt that way about Newsom for years from his days as mayor of San Francisco. SMARM personified.

Brian Kemp is a punk.

That's one of the biggest issues the Democrats have at the moment, IMO.

For the longest time they were smarmy politicians against smarmy politicians.
But now with progressives and populists (like Trump) throwing a wrench into their comfortable existence, and people realizing we don't have to settle for smarmy...

Well it is even more clear they don't deserve power.

IMO.

Back
Top Bottom