• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Firefighters Union president to Trump: ‘You’re an idiot’

The death toll has been updated to 42... but let's keep blaming Trump.

Worst ever, they do a lot worse than their daddies and granddaddies did at this.

"WE'RE VICTIMS OF GLOBAL WARMING, DONT LOOK AT US!"

barf

I've done more for the victims than you have. 4 trucks delivered of goods so far to victims, what have you done for them?

I sent 12 trucks of delivered goods to the victims and a big fat check to the Red Cross.

You were saying?

I mentioned this on Saturday on another one of these type threads. ::crickets:: from the left.

I'm not surprised. My older son lives in the Sacramento area. I'm familiar with the situation there. The problems they face there are difficult, so the AGW bit is an easy way out.

And the citizens of California year after year lap up the endless excuses their leaders hand out for not getting the job done as they spend gobs of money.

Many do. Let's just hope they can get these fires out for now, and people aren't being burned alive. As far as I'm concerned, they can pursue all the AGW stuff they want as along as some real, tangible steps toward proper management of the physical assets they have is also undertaken. The latter is far more difficult than the former.

Funny.
Exactly what I said when I read your post above.

I live in Reno, NV you can believe what you want. I’ve actually done it unlike your dishonesty.

Yep, the Kamp fire started on Federal land, they say (power lines, the likely cause). Trump had already slashed Forest Service money.

This cannot be restated enough! Trump, the asshole, is so ****ing ignorant that he doesn't even know that if this fire was made worse by "forest mismanagement", it was his damned people who mismanaged it in the first place! :2mad:

Last edited:
Funny.
Exactly what I said when I read your post above.

Just noticed you claim to live in Southern California. Are you anywhere near the fires? Thoughts and prayers.

This cannot be restated enough! Trump, the asshole, is so ****ing ignorant that he doesn't even know that if this fire was made worse by "forest mismanagement", it was his damned people who mismanaged it in the first place! :2mad:

The Feds do not Run Cal Fire, nor do they have anything to do with zoning or building codes or regulating the power companies and on and on and on.

Blaming this on the Federal government after the state has for so long gone their own way does not pass the laugh test.

California is going through Hell in part because the State of California has done poor quality work...... for over 20 years fire experts have been warning that this was going to happen, that we were failing to conduct our affairs in an intelligent manner, that the leaders were failing.....i know because I have been listening.

We need to talk about that.

The "Dont look at us, this is because of Global Warming!" excuse cant be allowed to work.

The bushfires, hurricanes, floods etc are definitely due to climate change. Over 97% of scientists have been warning the world that we need to take climate change seriously. It is the far right conservatives that don't believe in climate change. They are risking the planet because they want to make money now. Think about the future and what sort of planet you want to leave your children, grand children etc. Life should not be about making lots of money NOW and bugger the future.

The bushfires, hurricanes, floods etc are definitely due to climate change. Over 97% of scientists have been warning the world that we need to take climate change seriously. It is the far right conservatives that don't believe in climate change. They are risking the planet because they want to make money now. Think about the future and what sort of planet you want to leave your children, grand children etc. Life should not be about making lots of money NOW and bugger the future.

The experts were telling us that this sort of thing would for sure happen if we did not wise up long before anyone was yapping about Global Warming.

ARGUMENT REJECTED

Yep, the Kamp fire started on Federal land, they say (power lines, the likely cause). Trump had already slashed Forest Service money.

trump has slashed funding for forest management? But didn't he blame incompetent forest management for the devastating bushfires. I think there should be a full investigation into what caused these bushfires. And if lack of funding is partly due - the person who slashed the funding should be charged with murder. Hundreds of people have died so far in these bushfires.

Many are so sure Trump got it all wrong... well, he didn't.

CA Gov. Jerry Brown Vetoed Bipartisan Wildfire Management Bill in 2016

Last year, as all Hell was breaking loose in California as residents were burned out of their homes, neighborhoods and businesses, Gov. Jerry Brown was jetting around the world spouting climate change propaganda, and calling this California’s ‘new normal.’

ETA:
Mismanaged, overcrowded forests provide fuel to historic California wildfires, experts say. The 129 million dead trees throughout California’s forests are serving as matchsticks and kindling.

Jerry Brown, busy mulling ways to prevent the end of the world, took the Clinton and Obama-era gross regulations a step even further when he vetoed a bipartisan wildfire management bill in 2016.
At the request of the City Council of Laguna Beach, Sen. John Moorlach (R-Costa Mesa), authored SB 1463 in 2016, a bipartisan bill which would have given local governments more say in fire-prevention efforts through the Public Utilities Commission proceeding making maps of fire hazard areas around utility lines.

Read today that the Camp fire, the most deadly in CA. history was most likely the result of downed power lines from the Santa Ana winds.

Last edited:
The Feds do not Run Cal Fire, nor do they have anything to do with zoning or building codes or regulating the power companies and on and on and on.

Blaming this on the Federal government after the state has for so long gone their own way does not pass the laugh test.

Cal Fire puts out fires; it is not involved in "forest management". That's on the feds. Try to keep up.

Cal Fire puts out fires; it is not involved in "forest management". That's on the feds. Try to keep up.

They put out fires and do much much more...
CAL FIRE uses numerous methods to help reduce the likelihood of severe damage caused by large, devastating wildfires on our lands and in our communities. One of these methods is prescribed fire.

State law defines prescribed fire as a planned application and confinement of fire on lands selected in advance to achieve any of the following objectives:
Prevention of high-intensity wild land fires through reduction of the volume and continuity of wild land
Watershed management
Range improvement
Vegetation management
Forest improvement
Wildlife habitat improvement
Air quality maintenance

Prescribed Fires - Ready For Wildfire

Last edited:
Many are so sure Trump got it all wrong... well, he didn't.

CA Gov. Jerry Brown Vetoed Bipartisan Wildfire Management Bill in 2016

ETA:

Read today that the Camp fire, the most deadly in CA. history was most likely the result of downed power lines from the Santa Ana winds.

Forest mismanagement in California is nearly legendary. It's simply not profitable for loggers to operate there, and intentionally so. Thinning the forests never happens at any meaningful scale at all. It has now become tragic.

Forest mismanagement in California is nearly legendary. It's simply not profitable for loggers to operate there, and intentionally so. Thinning the forests never happens at any meaningful scale at all. It has now become tragic.

Absolutely!
I can't tell you how much dead wood remains in our forests. In 2003, the Cedar fire went through the property we now own. When we cleared an acre of our property for a vineyard it was full of dead wood. Just beyond our property is the forest, and it is full of dead trees; tinder, matchsticks waiting to spread the next fire. Mind you, the forest is full of beautiful alive bushes and trees native to our area. Truly magnificent! They won't catch fire. The dead wood will though. Makes me sick to my stomach how mismanaged this state had become under Jerry Brown who said to us all that this is the new "normal"

Absolutely!
I can't tell you how much dead wood remains in our forests. In 2003, the Cedar fire went through the property we now own. When we cleared an acre of our property for a vineyard it was full of dead wood. Just beyond our property is the forest, and it is full of dead trees; tinder, matchsticks waiting to spread the next fire. Mind you, the forest is full of beautiful alive bushes and trees native to our area. Truly magnificent! They won't catch fire. The dead wood will though. Makes me sick to my stomach how mismanaged this state had become under Jerry Brown who said to us all that this is the new "normal"

They've let it go for so long now that it's become a huge job to clean it up. California is a beautiful place, and it's sad that people won't do what's necessary to keep it that way. People getting burned alive is hopefully enough to give the problem the attention it deserves. I doubt it, but I remain hopeful some positive, tangible action will be taken.

They've let it go for so long now that it's become a huge job to clean it up. California is a beautiful place, and it's sad that people won't do what's necessary to keep it that way. People getting burned alive is hopefully enough to give the problem the attention it deserves. I doubt it, but I remain hopeful some positive, tangible action will be taken.

I pray that you are right.
I need to correct something I wrote in my last post. We bought and built in 2015. The fire that went through our property was called the Witch Creek Fire in 2007, caused by a downed power line.
If we had legislation like Jerry Brown vetoed, there wouldn't have been a fire. Fast forward, now some are saying the Camp fire probably started from a downed power line. Let that sink in.

Get educated:

In this report, the Commission calls for transformational culture change in its forest management practices. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reported in December 2017 that approximately 27 million trees had died statewide on federal, state and private lands since November 2016. The tally brought to 129 million the number of trees that have died in California forests during years of drought and bark beetle infestations since 2010.

During its review, the Commission found that California’s forests suffer from neglect and mismanagement, resulting in overcrowding that leaves them susceptible to disease, insects and wildfire. The Commission found commitment to long-lasting forest management changes at the highest levels of government, but that support for those changes needs to spread down not just through the state’s massive bureaucracy and law- and policymaking apparatuses, but among the general public as well. Complicating the management problem is the fact that the State of California owns very few of the forests within its borders – most are owned by the federal government or private landowners.

Among the Commission’s nine recommendations, it urges the state to take a greater leadership role in collaborative forest management planning at the watershed level. The Good Neighbor Authority granted in the 2014 Farm Bill provides a mechanism for the state to conduct restoration activities on federal land, but state agencies must have the financial and personnel resources to perform this work. As part of this collaborative effort, it calls upon the state to use more prescribed fire to reinvigorate forests, inhibit firestorms and help protect air and water quality. Central to these efforts must be a statewide public education campaign to help Californians understand why healthy forests matter to them, and elicit buy-in for the much-needed forest treatments.
https://lhc.ca.gov/report/fire-mountain-rethinking-forest-management-sierra-nevada

One of the many problems with California blaming the feds for their fire problem is how little their representatives have been giving voice to the problem in Washington....they rarely cared enough to do so. The leaders of California had a lot to do with nothing ever getting done in Washington, just as they had a lot to do with not enough getting done in California.

"WE ARE VICTIMS!"

barf

Cut Commiefornia's federal funds off until they can be responsible. These fires that have been constant in recent days are due to fecklessness on their part. They don't clear brush or dead trees responsibly during a dry spells, Truth be known they don't have the money because one of greatest taxed states in the union spend so much on illegals they can't protect their citizens who do pay taxes from losing everything from fires.

Back
Top Bottom