• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California energy officials on Friday issued a sober forecast for the state's electrical grid

California has for decades given substantial tax credits for homeowners investing in insulation and other energy efficient home improvements/upgrades. Solar panels are popular in this state because so much of it has sunshine most of the year, and tax credits are an incentive to help defray the cost. I don't know what other states do, if anything, to encourage energy efficiency.
New mexico since there plan is to go 100% renewables by a certain date. Although their process to get the 10% tax credit was so ridiculous I ended up not even doing it. THe federal was very easy to do.

There is no way CA will ever build another Diablo Canyon style nuclear plant. That's a good thing. New technology, or improvements to old technology (molten salt cooling?) will result in some nuclear coming online at some point in the future imo.

Well certainly, mrjurrs. I do not want "old" style nuclear power plants with 1950s and 1960s technology being built. I want top-of-the-line, modern safer reactors being built. But to my knowledge, there are no environmental groups like the Sierra Club lobbying for newer, safer nuclear reactors. They don't want any nuclear reactors, period end of story, and are lobbying to make that happen.

Speaking as a believer in man-made global warming, it is an asinine position. The best way to simultaneously get global climate change under control and maintain our high standard of living is to do a switch to nuclear energy worldwide. Solar will not cut it. Wind will not cut it. Germany tried to go that route and failed. France is succeeding.

Reactions: PoS
Well certainly, mrjurrs. I do not want "old" style nuclear power plants with 1950s and 1960s technology being built. I want top-of-the-line, modern safer reactors being built. But to my knowledge, there are no environmental groups like the Sierra Club lobbying for newer, safer nuclear reactors. They don't want any nuclear reactors, period end of story, and are lobbying to make that happen.

Speaking as a believer in man-made global warming, it is an asinine position. The best way to simultaneously get global climate change under control and maintain our high standard of living is to do a switch to nuclear energy worldwide. Solar will not cut it. Wind will not cut it. Germany tried to go that route and failed. France is succeeding.
Imo, it is far to early to call renewables a failure. CA reached full capacity renewable supply for a few minutes last week and that will continue to improve. Also, I find it difficult to call 'no nuclear' an asinine policy. At the current time, with the current technology, nuclear plants create some of the deadliest materials known to man. As far as I can tell, all of the nuclear waste we've ever created is being stored on our planet. Until that issue is resolved, I don't fault the Sierra Club's position.

Lol... I deliberately didn't link the EU statement of condemnation and the documentaries just because I wanted to see you run around with your hair on fire, lol...

The BBC Documentary is 2 1/2 hours long, so this is a shorter one I'm sure you won't watch, lol...

There's a better one, but I couldn't find it, and I'm short of time.

I'm a scientist - I know full-well that AGW is a fraud.

CO2 is not a pollutant, it does not drive climate, and the production of more CO2 Carrie's no consequences.
I own a small trucking company. Tried to get an oil change on the road yesterday - couldn't get it done - no oil.

The Establishment is deliberately squeezing the economy. Shortage of baby formula, shelves not full, etc.

It's going to get worse - because the plan from on-high is to make it worse. Squeeze the peasants, create artificial shortages, mandate rationing... make the people squeal.

huh,... so you are a 'scientist that owns a small trucking company, knows AGW is a fraud and states the establishment is deliberately squeezing the peasants'

ever consider the multidisciplinary scientific explanation that 'infinite economic growth on a finite planet is impossible'

project 11-05 on a finite planet infinite growth is impossible.png

since most people don't have a multidisciplinary scientific understanding here is the problem illustrated

project 11-04 on a finite planet infinite growth is impossible.png

as an undergrad three decades ago I double majored in Physics and PoliSci,... so I've been aware about the interplay of issues since then AND my gut feeling is when you posted the comments I've high lighted in BOLD RED,... ya don't seem to have a clue so ya believe in a conspiracy (as being the root cause of various problems),... when in fact

(4x6_PC) lead a talentless horse to science.png

Imo, it is far to early to call renewables a failure. CA reached full capacity renewable supply for a few minutes last week and that will continue to improve. Also, I find it difficult to call 'no nuclear' an asinine policy. At the current time, with the current technology, nuclear plants create some of the deadliest materials known to man. As far as I can tell, all of the nuclear waste we've ever created is being stored on our planet. Until that issue is resolved, I don't fault the Sierra Club's position.

people should realize the nuclear waste issue a problem essentially caused by Democratic Party politics!!!

AND if one actually looked at the nuclear power issue as an objective scientist then 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' ...WRT a molten salt thorium reactor

Last edited:
Indeed. Which is why we invested in a whole-home generator that kicks in automatically when the lights go out. Flat worth it!

Be careful with home generators. They're notorious carbon monoxide, ahem, generators.

people should realize the nuclear waste issue a problem essentially caused by Democratic Party politics!!!

AND if one actually looked at the nuclear power issue as an objective scientist then 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' ...WRT a molten salt thorium reactor

Right, the R party is the environmental champion of American political parties.

huh,... so you are a 'scientist that owns a small trucking company, knows AGW is a fraud and states the establishment is deliberately squeezing the peasants'

ever consider the multidisciplinary scientific explanation that 'infinite economic growth on a finite planet is impossible'

View attachment 67390335

since most people don't have a multidisciplinary scientific understanding here is the problem illustrated

View attachment 67390336

as an undergrad three decades ago I double majored in Physics and PoliSci,... so I've been aware about the interplay of issues since then AND my gut feeling is when you posted the comments I've high lighted in BOLD RED,... ya don't seem to have a clue so ya believe in a conspiracy (as being the root cause of various problems),... when in fact

View attachment 67390343
Why yes, I am a scientist - I have a B.S. in Chemistry, and have been studying the subject of AGW for near on 40 years now.

Certainly since the Establishment, radical left, and communists seized hold of the subject for the purpose of gaining control of the power that drives the world's economies.

They would have been derelict in pursuit of achieving their goals if they did not pursue this angle of attack.

-----------------------

And yes, I do own a small trucking company with my brother - which I had been planning on riding into retirement, but Biden and the Green Fascists that control our institutions are making that an ever more dubious proposition.

One of our drivers told us today that he is retiring rather than continuing to fight the high diesel prices.

Since Biden took office, we've had to cut 2 trucks and and a mechanic. This latest retirement - we're not going fill the position. Things are only going to keep getting worse in the trucking industry.

So thank you for that.

---------------------------------

As for you, you obviously know nothing about the subject of climate change.

Science is about falsification. A theory, set of observations, data sets, computer models, and conclusions are not valid unless they are tested to failure.

The Climate Sandinistas have rigged the peer review process to ensure their bogus studies are published, while studies that contradict their orthodoxy are banned.

Climategate proved all of that!!!

Back to you - you obviously didn't watch Dr. Lindzen's lecture. You should, it knocks the hell out of the garbage you believe - it's actual science.

I'll post it for you again - I triple dog dare you to watch it. Gutless.

Be careful with home generators. They're notorious carbon monoxide, ahem, generators.

Ours is a whole-house outside generator, propane fueled, not gasoline. It automatically revs up when the power goes out, tests itself every two weeks, set us back 15,000 bucks and has a written guarantee not to kill us.

I think we're good, lol.

Right, the R party is the environmental champion of American political parties.

noted WRT 'Political Leaning' you identify as a 'Progressive' I mention this because I'm 99.999% certain you have no problem identifying 'environmental' bull$hit statements spread by republican politicians BUT due to human nature I'm also 99.999% certain you would have great difficulty identifying 'scientific environmental' bull$hit spread by fellow democrats

one such case of scientific environmental bullshit is the unresolved nuclear waste issue here in the USA,... back in the 1980's yucca mountain was designated to be the national site to contain spent fuel BUT what ended up happening is Democratic Party politics killed off funding for the project (to illustrate the unintended consequences of de-funding yucca mountain what ended up happening is millions of pounds of spent nuclear fuel was essentially left on a Southern California beach)

having a physics back ground I also pointed out spent nuclear fuel can be used in a thorium reactor (which is a carbon free source of generating electricity)

Why yes, I am a scientist - I have a B.S. in Chemistry, and have been studying the subject of AGW for near on 40 years now.

The Climate Sandinistas have rigged the peer review process to ensure their bogus studies are published, while studies that contradict their orthodoxy are banned.

Climategate proved all of that!!!

sigh,... seems ya wasted 40 years of your life AND appears ya actually didn't learn much chemistry (or have any fundamental understanding of AGW)

the chemical combustion process is something I learned in high school,... basically the burning a hydrocarbon (e.g. gasoline) produces CO2 a stable molecule that traps infrared energy in the atmosphere

1 gal of gasoline = 20 lbs of CO2

CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere (due to combustion) have dramatically increased

CO2 molecule traps IR energy in the atmosphere

the not so surprising result of increasing greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere is climate change

(4x6 PC) 2021 climate change weather events.png

FYI Dr. Lindzen's lecture is stuff I was introduced to decades ago,... basically back then learned about the difficulty in how to accurately model aerosols (in other words high and low clouds)

Man-made-climate-change-skeptics-blind-deaf-and-mute-about-feedback-loops.png

as I tried to point out in a prior post,... looking at the physics of orbital dynamics, the earth should be ever so slowly cooling down (because it is ever so slowly moving away from the sun),... but reports especially in the arctic region indicate a global warming trend (AND the only explanation is ever increasing amounts of green house gases that trap infrared energy)

Because NIMBY is king.
Just spitballing but I would think they could build new power plants along side existing ones to get around that. It's not the perfect solution but it would not require any new zoning challenges.

Just spitballing but I would think they could build new power plants along side existing ones to get around that. It's not the perfect solution but it would not require any new zoning challenges.
Yes, and they could get all the permits, install all the infrastructure, hire all the employees, train them, or...

...Or, because they're private companies, they can just laugh and go back to their 6 martini lunches.

Yes, and they could get all the permits, install all the infrastructure, hire all the employees, train them, or...

...Or, because they're private companies, they can just laugh and go back to their 6 martini lunches.
Now your moving the goal posts

sigh,... seems ya wasted 40 years of your life AND appears ya actually didn't learn much chemistry (or have any fundamental understanding of AGW)

the chemical combustion process is something I learned in high school,... basically the burning a hydrocarbon (e.g. gasoline) produces CO2 a stable molecule that traps infrared energy in the atmosphere

1 gal of gasoline = 20 lbs of CO2

CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere (due to combustion) have dramatically increased

CO2 molecule traps IR energy in the atmosphere

the not so surprising result of increasing greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere is climate change

View attachment 67390647

FYI Dr. Lindzen's lecture is stuff I was introduced to decades ago,... basically back then learned about the difficulty in how to accurately model aerosols (in other words high and low clouds)

View attachment 67390649

as I tried to point out in a prior post,... looking at the physics of orbital dynamics, the earth should be ever so slowly cooling down (because it is ever so slowly moving away from the sun),... but reports especially in the arctic region indicate a global warming trend (AND the only explanation is ever increasing amounts of green house gases that trap infrared energy)

Oy vey, lol...

You obviously didn't watch Lindzen's presentation... just bypassed it because you "know it all".

There are a lot of brilliant scientists out there that say the beautiful theory in which you believe is not driving climate.

Check your ego at the door.

ciao

a more pragmatic energy solution that also saves water is place solar panels of an aqueduct

sadly no talent ass clown politicians like TRUMP and Newsom would rather spend taxpayers money to buy voters good will

a more pragmatic energy solution that also saves water is place solar panels of an aqueduct

sadly no talent ass clown politicians like TRUMP and Newsom would rather spend taxpayers money to buy voters good will

And where do you expect all these panels to appear from?

And where do you expect all these panels to appear from?

as a california taxypayer I say buy made in the USA with the budget surplus

Ours is a whole-house outside generator, propane fueled, not gasoline. It automatically revs up when the power goes out, tests itself every two weeks, set us back 15,000 bucks and has a written guarantee not to kill us.

I think we're good, lol.

You don't get many items that have to come with a letter saying it honestly won't try and kill you.
I wonder if they sell generators without that letter for those odd customers who like living life in the danger zone?

Oy vey, lol...

You obviously didn't watch Lindzen's presentation... just bypassed it because you "know it all".

There are a lot of brilliant scientists out there that say the beautiful theory in which you believe is not driving climate.

Check your ego at the door.

ciao

as a physicist AND trained pilot I find Richard Lindzen arguments full of scientific bullshit (FYI seems I'm not alone in my assessment)

Climate change: Richard Lindzen and the 'cult' of global warming

An MIT professor has likened believing in global warming to being in a "cult" and having "fanatical" beliefs.

Professor emeritus Richard Lindzen, a well-known climate change denier, was speaking on a radio show about how he believes there is a religious nature to the belief in global warming.

"As with any cult, once the mythology of the cult begins falling apart, instead of saying, oh, we were wrong, they get more and more fanatical. I think that's what's happening here. Think about it," Breitbart quotes him as saying. "You've led an unpleasant life, you haven't led a very virtuous life, but now you're told, you get absolution if you watch your carbon footprint. It's salvation!"

Lindzen is among the 3% of scientists who do not believe climate change is manmade. He has been widely criticised for his beliefs.

In a critique of one of his seminars in London in 2012, a group of scientists responded to him pointing out the flaws in his arguments.

www.ibtimes.co.uk/climate-change-richard-lindzen-cult-global-warming-1484852

BTW since Lindzen brought up the topic of religion WRT 'climate change' ...looking at the issue from a theological POV I think there is pretty damning evidence for a cult belief among some man made climate change deniers,... for example

4x6-PC-TRUMP (A Very Stable Genius, who is being influenced by the devil???).png

Back
Top Bottom