• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Democrat Progressives Roll Up Sleeves To Help Their President Liberate The Supply Chain To Help Poor

"Police powers are the fundamental ability of a government to enact laws to coerce its citizenry for the public good, although the term eludes an exact definition."
How about, 'to coerce its citizenry to behave as lawmakers desire, which is called the public good'.

Nobody is pro-crime. It is their decision if they notify the police, which they seldom choose to do. The investigation is handled internally by UP.
The Democratic Party is very much pro-crime. As evidenced by VP Harris bailing out looters and rioters so they could continue to loot and riot. As evidenced by nation-wide efforts of the Democratic Party to defund the police and release criminals back on the streets by Democrat DAs who refuse to prosecute. As evidenced by the non-stop riots in Democrat-controlled shitholes since April 2015.

There isn't any doubt in any American's mind that the Democratic Party is absolutely pro-crime. Which is why millions more Americans are arming themselves.

The Democratic Party is very much pro-crime. As evidenced by VP Harris bailing out looters and rioters so they could continue to loot and riot. As evidenced by nation-wide efforts of the Democratic Party to defund the police and release criminals back on the streets by Democrat DAs who refuse to prosecute. As evidenced by the non-stop riots in Democrat-controlled shitholes since April 2015.

There isn't any doubt in any American's mind that the Democratic Party is absolutely pro-crime. Which is why millions more Americans are arming themselves.
Do you ever get tired of these binary arguments?

Business Insider

Every Trump campaign and administration official who has been indicted on federal criminal charges​

Grace Panetta
July 20, 2021·3 min read

Inaugural Committee chairman Tom Barrack

Former Trump Inaugural Committee chairman Tom Barrack speaks at at a pre-Inaugural "Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration" at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017 AP Photo/David J. Phillip

Here's the full list:​

• Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was convicted in 2018 on federal bank and tax fraud charges, pleaded guilty to more federal conspiracy charges, and was sentenced to seven and a half years in federal prison. Trump granted Manafort a full pardon in December 2020.
  • Former campaign chief Steve Bannon was charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering in connection with a scheme to defraud donors to fund a wall at the US southern border. Trump pardoned Bannon in January 2021 before he could face trial.
  • Informal Trump adviser and "fixer" Roger Stone was convicted on seven counts on obstruction, making false statements, and witness tampering in connection to the Mueller probe and was sentenced to three years in prison. Trump commuted Stone's sentence in July 2020 and fully pardoned him in December 2020.
  • Deputy Trump campaign manager Rick Gates, a key aide to Manafort, pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy and false statements and received only a 45-day sentence thanks to his extensive cooperation with investigators in the Mueller probe. He did not get a presidential pardon.
  • Trump's short-lived National Security Adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to one count of lying to the FBI in connection. Flynn, who went on to push conspiracy theories about non-existent fraud in the 2020 election, received a full pardon from Trump in November 2020.
  • Longtime Trump personal attorney Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to tax fraud, bank fraud, campaign finance violations, and lying to Congress in 2018, and was sentenced to three years in federal prison. Cohen, who turned on Trump after pleading guilty and cooperated with prosecutors, did not get a pardon.
  • Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in connection to the Mueller probe and served 14 days in federal prison.
  • Trump Inaugural Committee chairman Tom Barrack was charged with federal crimes including unlawful lobbying, obstruction of justice, and making false statements to investigators in July 2021.

You don't ever worry about being incorrect do you?
"Police powers are the fundamental ability of a government to enact laws to coerce its citizenry for the public good, although the term eludes an exact definition."
What part of "fundamental ability of a government to enact laws" escapes your grasp? Like I said, police powers comes from government, and government only. There is no such thing as a private company with police powers. It doesn't exist. I can't think of a simpler way to put it: Only government can possess police powers.

Either you will comprehend that simple fact, or continue to ignore reality. I already know which way you will go.

What part of "fundamental ability of a government to enact laws" escapes your grasp? Like I said, police powers comes from government, and government only. There is no such thing as a private company with police powers. It doesn't exist. I can't think of a simpler way to put it: Only government can possess police powers.

Either you will comprehend that simple fact, or continue to ignore reality. I already know which way you will go.
Ever heard of private security guards,

The UP railroad cops have their own web link,

Last edited:

You didn't say that, you said "...Only the police have police powers."

You didn't say that, you said "...Only the police have police powers."
Once again, you are mistaken, I did say that.

"The police is part of government and have special powers because of that." - See post #14.

One day you will learn that your fantasies are no match for reality.

Once again, you are mistaken, I did say that.

"The police is part of government and have special powers because of that." - See post #14.

One day you will learn that your fantasies are no match for reality.
It's fun to watch you backpedal, or did leftists hack your account and they did it?

Oh bullshit. Just stop. The Democratic Party is not "pro-crime", and you know it.

It's fun to watch you backpedal, or did leftists hack your account and they did it?
Where have I backpeddled? mrjurrs is obviously confused, making claims I never posted and completely ignoring what I do actually post. I was merely setting the record straight. Or are you as equally confused as mrjurrs? That does appear to be the common occurrence among leftists.

It doesn't matter if it is private property or not. Most crime is committed on private property, the police are still involved. That is literally their job, to enforce the law. There would be no need for private businesses to employ their own security if leftists weren't so fanatically pro-crime.

Railroad police, or in this case Union Pacific Special Agents have primary jurisdiction for rail lines.

Complete bullshit...

Where have I backpeddled? mrjurrs is obviously confused, making claims I never posted and completely ignoring what I do actually post. I was merely setting the record straight. Or are you as equally confused as mrjurrs? That does appear to be the common occurrence among leftists.
Is this your boilerplate reply; to accuse supposed leftists of every mistake that you make?

Are there leftists in the room with you right now?

Do you see leftists in your dreams at night?

Do you find them under your bed and in the closet?

Do leftists take hide phone, wallet, and car keys when you aren't looking?

Oh bullshit. Just stop. The Democratic Party is not "pro-crime", and you know it.
Actually, in some respects, they are. That may not be their intention, but it works out that way.

Actually, in some respects, they are. That may not be their intention, but it works out that way.

In no respects. Just because that poster lied doesn't mean you have to do it too.

The bail system is part of this country's long and wonderful justice system. Harris donating to a bail fund (her personal choice and right) is "the Democrats"? She is the entire Democratic Party?

By that "logic" all Republicans hate the Constitution and wanted to stop a Constitutional process from being honored because hundreds of idiots stormed the Capitol on January 6.

In no respects. Just because that poster lied doesn't mean you have to do it too.

The bail system is part of this country's long and wonderful justice system. Harris donating to a bail fund (her personal choice and right) is "the Democrats"? She is the entire Democratic Party?

By that "logic" all Republicans hate the Constitution and wanted to stop a Constitutional process from being honored because hundreds of idiots stormed the Capitol on January 6.
I'm talking about the Soros DAs that won't prosecute, the no bail release of violent criminals and the new laws that seem to favor criminals over citizens.

I'm talking about the Soros DAs that won't prosecute, the no bail release of violent criminals and the new laws that seem to favor criminals over citizens.

Soros is a DA now? Who knew.

Sean Hannity taught you well. Your descent into total idiocy is almost complete.

Soros is a DA now? Who knew.

Sean Hannity taught you well. Your descent into total idiocy is almost complete.
Soros really did pump a bunch of cash into these far left DA's campaigns.
It's very real. Not a conspiracy theory.

Soros really did pump a bunch of cash into these far left DA's campaigns.
It's very real. Not a conspiracy theory.

Name and donation amount. Then show me who else donated to these "far left" DAs, and then we can discuss which Republicans donated to the candidates of their choice.

It's pathetic how you people pull "Soros" out of your asses when you have nothing else. So weak and pathetic. When did you all stop yapping about Bill Ayers?

Name and donation amount. Then show me who else donated to these "far left" DAs, and then we can discuss which Republicans donated to the candidates of their choice.

It's pathetic how you people pull "Soros" out of your asses when you have nothing else. So weak and pathetic. When did you all stop yapping about Bill Ayers?
George Gascon was elected because of the unpopularity of Jackie Lacey, in part because of her failure to arrest and prosecute sexual predator Ed Buck until a murder too far. Law-and-order DA Lacey, except when a white man was preying on, and killing Black men.

George Gascon was elected because of the unpopularity of Jackie Lacey, in part because of her failure to arrest and prosecute sexual predator Ed Buck until a murder too far. Law-and-order DA Lacey, except when a white man was preying on, and killing Black men.

I remember the Ed Buck story. That guy was freaky. To say the least.

Railroad police, or in this case Union Pacific Special Agents have primary jurisdiction for rail lines.
According to Jalopnik, UP has only themselves to blame because they made massive cuts to their own security staff in the recent past,

But it turns out that Union Pacific laid off an unspecified amount of workers, including railroad police, in September 2020. Two months later, the thefts began. An employee who wished to remain anonymous told LA Taco that Union Pacific should be shouldering a little more of the blame for the thefts:

Related Stories​

Thousands Of Stolen Packages And Empty Boxes Littering Railway Is Shocking, Totally Expected
The Strangest Items Confiscated By TSA Agents In 2021
Williams Advanced Engineering Now Belongs To Australia's Richest Man
The Union Pacific Police department has jurisdiction over the 32,000 miles of track Union Pacific owns. Many of these “special agents” used to patrol this now infamous stretch of track. According to the source, the number of patrolling officers has been cut from 50 to 60 agents to eight, which the worker thinks has led to an increase in train robberies.
I don’t really put a ton of stock into an unnamed source, so I reached out to Union Pacific about the claim. A spokesperson told me the following:

We brought in dozens of Union Pacific special agents from across our 23-state-network during the peak season months of 2021. We continued to keep that increased presence in LA over the last several months. We have a positive, longstanding relationship with the Los Angeles Police Department and area law enforcement, and we look forward to working together to ensure that criminals are brought to justice and held accountable.

So this year they’ve brought in more muscle, but that didn’t really address the claim. I went and did a little more digging. According to Union Pacific’s own press release on the matter, thefts shot up in the last quarter of 2020:

Since December 2020, UP has experienced an over 160% increase in criminal rail theft in Los Angeles County. In several months during that period, the increase from the previous year surpassed 200%. In October 2021 alone, the increase was 356% over compared to October 2020. Not only do these dramatic increases represent retail product thefts – they include increased assaults and armed robberies of UP employees performing their duties moving trains.
What happened in 2020 to lead to so much theft? Sure, the economy was imploding, lockdowns were barely easing and everything was falling apart, but it might have something to do with Union Pacific layoffs in September of 2020, which were reported on by industry publication Freight Waves:

The railroad attributed the “workforce reduction” to its broader efforts to implement precision scheduled railroading, an operational model that seeks to streamline operations. Union Pacific (UP) said the reduction affected both management and unionized employees across its 23-state system.
“These are difficult decisions; however, we remain committed to providing our customers safe, efficient and reliable service that ensures Union Pacific remains a strong and competitive company,” UP said.

I wonder if Biden will have a cool story about when he was younger and conductor of a train how it was different when people robbed his train and rubbed his legs

Back
Top Bottom