• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Dem State Senator bans 'he' and 'she' pronouns during judiciary committee hearings

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Jackson said that new committee rules recognize California's designation of "non-binary" as a gender. The words "he and she" will now become "what my grammar teacher would have had a heart attack over," the senator said. The committee will use the word "they" instead, because it is gender-neutral, Jackson said.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/calif...-pronouns-during-judiciary-committee-hearings

**** this Totalitarian.

No way I would have someone telling me what pronouns I can use to identify people by their biology. She’s not the speech police, and even if she was, **** Her... I wouldn’t succumb to the state telling me what I can and cannot say (that isn’t threatening... which is already illegal and rightly so).

And then she breaks her own rule. LOL!!

**** this Totalitarian.

No way I would have someone telling me what pronouns I can use to identify people by their biology. She’s not the speech police, and even if she was, **** Her... I wouldn’t succumb to the state telling me what I can and cannot say (that isn’t threatening... which is already illegal and rightly so).

Nobody is forcing you to do ****, what the hell are you talking about?

The California Democratic Party clown car is becoming quite crowded.

At least if that is done overall, it could no longer be demanded of companies to state the sex of their employees or management to try to figure if there is sex discrimination.

This would play hell on lawsuits against companies for not hiring women. In trial to the CEO "Isn't it true that 100% of your board are men?" Answer? "How the hell do I know? All I know is that I'm a woman." Since there is no actual measurable standard of any difference between men and women, any claims of employment discrimination would all be out the window.

**** this Totalitarian.

Since "they" implies plural, does that mean they're all suffering from multiple personalities?!?

**** this Totalitarian.

I would agree with Bill Maher on **** like this. This is getting way out of hand.

**** this Totalitarian.

The leftist idiots keep appearing from the underbrush at democrat stronghold, law-enforcement-despising, anti-American and anti-Constitution bankrupt cities across the nation.

Since "they" implies plural, does that mean they're all suffering from multiple personalities?!?

“They” has always been the go-to pronoun when referring to someone whose gender you don’t know.

Some examples:

“Whoever is knocking on my door, tell them to go away.”

“I heard you got a new teacher. What is their name?”

“Somebody left their phone on that table. I hope they come back for it.”

Don’t get me wrong. If the story is true then I think it is a stupid rule, but “they” is used to describe individuals of unknown gender all the time by every English speaking person on the planet.

I’ll call a person by whatever pronoun they want. It is no skin off by nose. But I am not going to refer to EVERYONE by a gender neutral pronoun on the fraction of a percent chance that they don’t identify as a “he” or “she”.

**** this Totalitarian.

And most Democrats will ignore this nonsense and it will eventually fade away.
There is no such thing as a party that doesn't have its self absorbed fringe...this is ours, it would seem.

Judging by your hysteria, it would appear you represent the fringe on your side.

As utterly asinine as the idea of non-binary gender is and the very idea that we have to worry about the speech police telling us what to say, I think I'm missing something here. This is during Judiciary committee meetings, not walking down the street. I understand thinking it's stupid, but does it really impact free speech in general?

Besides, let them pass these rules. As the vast majority of the country and the world-at-large is well aware, this is stupid. They will never be able to reasonably enforce it. They look like morons to the larger world and they destroy any credibility they might have once held.

My own family has a ton of "progressive" liberals and includes tons of people in the LGBTQABCDSOS categories. Most of my life I considered them extreme. Even they are starting to pull away from this level of absurd destruction of language and social interaction. They are starting to realize that being taken seriously means stopping when you've dealt with real problems and that talking about gender on a spectrum and free speech hits the point where you chase off anyone who believes in science or rational logic.

If you want to see people like this out of office; vote for them and let them run free. Even in the lowest IQ demographics, they start to look like idiots.

If you continue to use "he/his/him" as the gender-neutral pronouns, you will be in a world of hurt at school or work. So don't do it. I, too, cannot stomach "Everyone must bring their book." So I resort to the awkward "Everyone must bring his or her book."

I have noticed, however, that no male will dare protest if you use "she/her" as the gender-neutral pronouns, as in: "Don't forget, ladies and gentlemen, everyone must bring her book to class tomorrow." Liberals will think that you are cool. You might even get a promotion at work.

P.S. If you want to be really cool, don't use the words "Latino" or "Latina." The gender-neutral word is now "Latinx." I kid you not.

Last edited:
Again, like I said, this really is an example of liberal PC run amuck, but if you wander over to the Right, it suddenly resembles the screams of outrage whenever someone says "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" INSTEAD of "Merry Christmas", or the harassment that arises whenever two people are conversing with each other in their native language within earshot of a Trumper, should that language not be English.

That's RIGHT wing PC run amuck.

To the liberal PC nannies and their enforcement of silly pronouns, all I can say is, that's why so many liberals love Bill Maher.
He'll shoot arrows in them, people will find it amusing, and it will evaporate over time. (except maybe in those little Judiciary Committee meetings)

If you're going to hold Democrats or liberals to an impossibly high standard where any overshoot in ideological purity is grounds for dismissal of the entire liberal movement, prepare to be attacked with the same impossible standards for your own absurd nonsense. Otherwise, if you're willing to momentarily suffer a few fools, you can sit back and watch us deal with them on our own terms, perhaps even resorting to folks like Maher, and you might be entertained in the process.

By the way, "Seasons Greetings!"

JesusLovesStarbucks2.jpg

I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is right wingers are freaking out over here.

**** this Totalitarian.

If I were on the committee, I would immediately start referring to the chairman as "it" and "thing".

If you continue to use "he/his/him" as the gender-neutral pronouns, you will be in a world of hurt at school or work. So don't do it. I, too, cannot stomach "Everyone must bring their book." So I resort to the awkward "Everyone must bring his or her book."

I have noticed, however, that no male will dare protest if you use "she/her" as the gender-neutral pronouns, as in: "Don't forget, ladies and gentlemen, everyone must bring her book to class tomorrow." Liberals will think that you are cool. You might even get a promotion at work.

P.S. If you want to be really cool, don't use the words "Latino" or "Latina." The gender-neutral word is now "Latinx." I kid you not.

I heard about 'latinx', and talked to some of my latino relatives and friends about it - they universally thought it was stupid, and one even took offense because it "spits in the face" of the Latin culture you are supposedly supporting by using the term . You'd be better off switching to 'person'.

Stupidity of what? I still don't understand the problem.

The stupidity of her new 'gender neutral' policy with regards to the use of pronouns in the committee. If you don't understand why that's stupid, I don't know what to say.

Dumb never sleeps.
/

The stupidity of her new 'gender neutral' policy with regards to the use of pronouns in the committee. If you don't understand why that's stupid, I don't know what to say.

I really don't understand why you care so much about pronouns that other people use when talking to someone that isn't you. There's no part of the conversation you are involved in, but you're really mad about the ****ing grammar?

No, sorry, I really don't get it.

I really don't understand why you care so much about pronouns that other people use when talking to someone that isn't you. There's no part of the conversation you are involved in, but you're really mad about the ****ing grammar?

No, sorry, I really don't get it.

Perhaps you shouldn't participate in the thread, on a discussion board, if you don't care about discussing the topic.

Perhaps you shouldn't participate in the thread, on a discussion board, if you don't care about discussing the topic.

I'm trying to get you to explain the problem to me, as you see it. If you're not willing to do that, why are you in this thread at all?

I'm trying to get you to explain the problem to me, as you see it. If you're not willing to do that, why are you in this thread at all?

Oh, I think you understand it. Feel free to engage someone else.

Oh, I think you understand it. Feel free to engage someone else.

This demonstrates the point I was going for. You don't actually have any real reason to be mad. You just know liberal = bad and felt the need to screech it at the universe.

Back
Top Bottom