• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California couple dies of covid, leaving five kids behind. Their newborn is three weeks old.

RealityNow

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

California couple dies of covid, leaving five kids behind. Their newborn is three weeks old.

Davy Macias, 37, was intubated and dying of complications from covid-19 when doctors helped her give birth to her daughter. She would never see her baby.

Her husband, Daniel Macias, 39, would only get a brief glimpse of their child because he, too, was hospitalized after contracting the virus. According to Davy's sister-in-law, Terri Serey, Daniel waited to name the baby girl because he believed he and his wife would walk out of the hospital alive to introduce the newborn to their four other children, the eldest age 7 and the youngest, 2.
The deaths of Davy and Daniel Macias echo the story of Lydia and Lawrence Rodriguez, a Texas couple who last month died weeks apart from each other, leaving behind four children. Neither parent was vaccinated; before she died, Lydia Rodriguez asked her family to make sure her children received the vaccine.

The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel's parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said. After Daniel died on Sept. 9, a counselor explained to the two eldest children, 7 and 5, that both of their parents were gone, Serey said. While the oldest child - Daniel and Davy's only son - understood the situation, his younger sister is "still looking for mommy," Serey said. All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, "spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad."
end quote

Tragic!!!! so many lives lost and these lives of the children faced with so many unknowns which they now must face without their parents.

There is no reasonable way one can reconcile this Tragedy, which may have been preventable.

Last edited:
Is this freedom of choice or stupidity? How can people be so selfish as to endanger their own children by dying from what is preventable? Is this worth the 'beliefs' of the unvaccinated?

Over 600,000+ people dead in America and Millions dead around the world, and anti vaccine people still think they have some "exemption" !!!
One has to wonder what other poorly informed decisions are people making who have this anti-vaccine mentality?

These children are now cast into a horrible situations, while parents were concerned about their "denialisms", when facts and truths is readily available, now, their actions has caused tremendous change to the kids life, the grandparents life and all the people in the immediate family are affected.

_____________________________________________________________________________​

read this tag line I found on another posters commentary;

It perfectly describes Trump and Republicans and their attempted Coup d'etat'
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

Cicero Marcus Tullius
end quote

Trump knows he sent these people down this denialism pathway and he spent an entire year feeding them "denialism" ... and now they are dying and all he can think about is attacking anything Biden and Democrats do to help people and the nation, all Trump cares about is patronizing his own meglomania. and has not said anything to help urge these people to get vaccinated. all he does is wallow in ignorance with some savage delusion that he should be king of America. he's showing these cult follower he never gave a damn about them, they were tools to be used for his power lusting madness.

Trump is just another format of Jim Jones, he gave them his brand of cool aid laced with belligerent ignorance and denial of truths and people keep drinking it. while watching the deaths mount by the days.
  • That's how Evil Functions....

Last edited:
Trump knows he sent these people down this denialism pathway and he spent an entire year feeding them "denialism" ... and now they are dying and all he can think about is attacking anything Biden and Democrats do to help people and the nation, all Trump cares about is patronizing his own meglomania. and has not said anything to help urge these people to get vaccinated.

Trump is just another format of Jim Jones, he gave them his brand of cool aid laced with belligerent ignorance and denial of truths and people keep drinking it. while watching the deaths mount by the days.
  • That's how Evil Functions....

And he HAD A LOT OF HELP.
Let's stop ignoring that Trump AND most of the Republican Party aligned themselves in thought, word, deed AND MONEY, with one of the world's leading anti-vax propagandists, who by the way is only committed to anti-vaccine movements in the FREE WORLD.

This is a matter of public record. It's not a theory, it's a fact.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/research-news/9357/

putin-sunglasses-AFP.jpg

1631584989373.png

Putin’s Long War Against American Science

by William J. Broad
A decade of health disinformation promoted by President Vladimir Putin of Russia has sown wide confusion, hurt major institutions and encouraged the spread of deadly illnesses.

Read more at The New York Times

I deleted my comment. I asked how dare they do that to their children.

"Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear if Daniel was vaccinated."​

I have to narrow it to how dare he, if he was not vaccinated.

Without drawing a red line, I say this: one's duty to one's child is absolute (edit: i want to say...after they're adults. I'd say there is duty but not absolute, and it can be pissed away, but your own behavior during 0-18 is key). She honored hers. The medical advice was not to get vaccinated. It was all so new. He damn well better have been. And if not, that is as tragic as worrying. I do hope this information is revealed.

To date, I'm not aware of fully vaccinated people without complications dying of COVID. I am aware of a lot of idiocy based on two data points ignoring all else: whether a person was vaccinated and when they died.

(I say that because someone's gonna try to find a 500lb diabetic patient with X,Y,Z, who dies of COVID post-vaccine)

Last edited:

"Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear if Daniel was vaccinated."​

Without drawing a red line, I say this: one's duty to one's child is absolute. She honored hers. The medical advice was not to get vaccinated. It was all so new. He damn well better have been. And if not, that is as tragic as worrying. I do hope this information is revealed.

To date, I'm not aware of fully vaccinated people without complications dying of COVID. I am aware of a lot of idiocy based on two data points ignoring all else: whether a person was vaccinated and when they died.

(I say that because someone's gonna try to find a 500lb diabetic patient with X,Y,Z, who dies of COVID post-vaccine)
I think in situations like that as with any medical concern... it would have been beneficial if she had gotten second opinion from a trained virologist. There was so much at stake, it would have been well worth the expense.

Last edited:
Californian Covidiots. Awful.

Without drawing a red line, I say this: one's duty to one's child is absolute (edit: i want to say...after they're adults. I'd say there is duty but not absolute, and it can be pissed away, but your own behavior during 0-18 is key). She honored hers. The medical advice was not to get vaccinated. It was all so new. He damn well better have been. And if not, that is as tragic as worrying. I do hope this information is revealed.
Medical advice for pregnant women changed well over a month ago. She should have gotten at least one dose.

CDC GUIDANCE:

COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding

Updated Aug. 11, 2021

What You Need to Know
  • COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people 12 years and older, including people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.
  • Evidence about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy has been growing. These data suggest that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks of vaccination during pregnancy.
  • There is currently no evidence that any vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines, cause fertility problems in women or men.
  • Pregnant and recently pregnant people are more likely to get severely ill with COVID-19 compared with non-pregnant people.
  • Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can protect you from severe illness from COVID-19.

If you are pregnant and receive a COVID-19 vaccine, consider participating in the v-safe pregnancy registry
If you are pregnant and have received a COVID-19 vaccine, we encourage you to enroll in v-safe. V-safe is CDC’s smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after vaccination. A v-safe pregnancy registry has been established to gather information on the health of pregnant people who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. If people enrolled in v-safe report that they were pregnant at the time of vaccination or after vaccination, the registry staff might contact them to learn more. Participation is voluntary, and participants may opt out at any time.

CDC recommendations align with those from professional medical organizations serving people who are pregnant, including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologistsexternal icon and the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicinepdf iconexternal icon.

If you got pregnant after receiving your first shot of a COVID-19 vaccine that requires two doses (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine), you should get your second shot to get as much protection as possible. If you experience fever following vaccination, you should take acetaminophen (Tylenol®) because fever—for any reason—has been associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes.

If you are pregnant and have questions about COVID-19 vaccine
If you would like to speak to someone about COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy, you can contact MotherToBaby. MotherToBaby experts are available to answer questions in English or Spanish by phone or chat. The free and confidential service is available Monday–Friday 8am–5pm (local time). To reach MotherToBaby:
end quote

From the article:

Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear if Daniel was vaccinated.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged those who are pregnant to take the vaccine, as studies have found that the coronavirus vaccine does not heighten the risk of miscarriages. Rather, research shows that those who are pregnant face a higher risk of severe covid-19 symptoms, preterm births and "other adverse pregnancy outcomes" if they contract the virus, the CDC says.

Davy was a registered nurse at the labor and delivery ward at Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center ...

CDC GUIDANCE:

COVID-19 Vaccines While Pregnant or Breastfeeding

Updated Aug. 11, 2021

What You Need to Know
  • COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people 12 years and older, including people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.
  • Evidence about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy has been growing. These data suggest that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks of vaccination during pregnancy.
  • There is currently no evidence that any vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines, cause fertility problems in women or men.
  • Pregnant and recently pregnant people are more likely to get severely ill with COVID-19 compared with non-pregnant people.
  • Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can protect you from severe illness from COVID-19.

If you are pregnant and receive a COVID-19 vaccine, consider participating in the v-safe pregnancy registry
If you are pregnant and have received a COVID-19 vaccine, we encourage you to enroll in v-safe. V-safe is CDC’s smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after vaccination. A v-safe pregnancy registry has been established to gather information on the health of pregnant people who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. If people enrolled in v-safe report that they were pregnant at the time of vaccination or after vaccination, the registry staff might contact them to learn more. Participation is voluntary, and participants may opt out at any time.

CDC recommendations align with those from professional medical organizations serving people who are pregnant, including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologistsexternal icon and the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicinepdf iconexternal icon.

If you got pregnant after receiving your first shot of a COVID-19 vaccine that requires two doses (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine), you should get your second shot to get as much protection as possible. If you experience fever following vaccination, you should take acetaminophen (Tylenol®) because fever—for any reason—has been associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes.

If you are pregnant and have questions about COVID-19 vaccine
If you would like to speak to someone about COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy, you can contact MotherToBaby. MotherToBaby experts are available to answer questions in English or Spanish by phone or chat. The free and confidential service is available Monday–Friday 8am–5pm (local time). To reach MotherToBaby:
end quote

This, AND, you'd think that after having 4 kids, they could perhaps hold off a little while we're in the middle of a pandemic. Call me crazy.

God have mercy.

Jesus have mercy.

Davy Macias, 37, was intubated and dying of complications from covid-19 when doctors helped her give birth to her daughter. She would never see her baby.

Her husband, Daniel Macias, 39, would only get a brief glimpse of their child because he, too, was hospitalized after contracting the virus. According to Davy's sister-in-law, Terri Serey, Daniel waited to name the baby girl because he believed he and his wife would walk out of the hospital alive to introduce the newborn to their four other children, the eldest age 7 and the youngest, 2.
The deaths of Davy and Daniel Macias echo the story of Lydia and Lawrence Rodriguez, a Texas couple who last month died weeks apart from each other, leaving behind four children. Neither parent was vaccinated; before she died, Lydia Rodriguez asked her family to make sure her children received the vaccine.

The Macias children, who are being cared for by Daniel's parents, have not quite grasped what has happened to their mother and father, Serey said. After Daniel died on Sept. 9, a counselor explained to the two eldest children, 7 and 5, that both of their parents were gone, Serey said. While the oldest child - Daniel and Davy's only son - understood the situation, his younger sister is "still looking for mommy," Serey said. All of the children, Serey has heard from the grandparents, "spend a lot of time at night looking for mom and dad."
end quote

Tragic!!!! so many lives lost and these lives of the children faced with so many unknowns which they now must face without their parents.

There is no reasonable way one can reconcile this Tragedy, which may have been preventable.
I see that this story has no legitimate confirmation that these two people actually died from Covid, and not from something else. Since Covid seldom (if ever) attacks and kills healthy young people by itself, what is the rest of this story?

I see that this story has no legitimate confirmation that these two people actually died from Covid, and not from something else. Since Covid seldom (if ever) attacks and kills healthy young people by itself, what is the rest of this story?
Go back and read again. Yes, they died of Covid.

I will not respond to COVID Deniers..... Do Not get lured into their denial and distraction game, Please DO NOT entertain COVID Deniers.

Just so that you know, I keep score and, after I have read a sufficient number of idiotic and/or trolling posts from a single poster I simply place them into the "real idiot who doesn't deserve any consideration or reply" category (which doesn't mean that I "ignore" them - just that I treat them as a source of merriment). That number is, of course, dependent upon the percentage of their posts that I consider to be idiotic and/or trolling.

Just so that you know, I keep score and, after I have read a sufficient number of idiotic and/or trolling posts from a single poster I simply place them into the "real idiot who doesn't deserve any consideration or reply" category (which doesn't mean that I "ignore" them - just that I treat them as a source of merriment). That number is, of course, dependent upon the percentage of their posts that I consider to be idiotic and/or trolling.
Wow. Aren't you just a bundle of joy. I was told this site was a good place to debate various issues without running into the snarky b**ls**t which is commonplace elsewhere, but I guess I was misled.

Now that you're done rubbing your hands with glee and patting yourself on the back for how well you handled that new member who asked a simple, legitimate question, do you have anything else to add?

Wow. Aren't you just a bundle of joy. I was told this site was a good place to debate various issues without running into the snarky b**ls**t which is commonplace elsewhere, but I guess I was misled.

Now that you're done rubbing your hands with glee and patting yourself on the back for how well you handled that new member who asked a simple, legitimate question, do you have anything else to add?
I have something to add: go back and read the god damn story. You will see that they died of covid.

I have something to add: go back and read the god damn story. You will see that they died of covid.

Picky, picky, picky.

How do you know that they weren't simply actors hired by George Sokoros to make Mr. Trump look bad (like all of the other 700,000+ so-called "COVID-19 deaths" were)?

Back
Top Bottom