• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Caught Fudging Coronavirus Numbers

They have a backlog. The person responsible quit.

It's a conspiracy!

Good lord, the desperation is palpable...

Gov. Gavin Newsom’s director of the California Department of Public Health resigned on Sunday, an abrupt departure of a key advisor in the state’s coronavirus battle just days after the discovery of a computer system failure that resulted in the undercounting of COVID-19 cases.

California’s public health director resigns in wake of coronavirus data errors

It sounds like a computer error to me. The software engineers apparently did not build a database with the foresight to handle largescale entries, and they have not been updated. As a result, there was a bottleneck when the database reached its limit.

Oh, so you are saying that California is inept.

They have a backlog. The person responsible quit.

It's a conspiracy!

You guys said the very same bull**** about Florida and now it's happening to code blue and, all of a sudden, it is ok and explainable.

Says tireless defender of most dishonest President ever.

:lamo

Good lord, the desperation is palpable...

Gov. Gavin Newsom’s director of the California Department of Public Health resigned on Sunday, an abrupt departure of a key advisor in the state’s coronavirus battle just days after the discovery of a computer system failure that resulted in the undercounting of COVID-19 cases.

California’s public health director resigns in wake of coronavirus data errors

Wait....did MR seriously cite a computer failure as evidence of liberal states being liars-in-general?

Wait....did MR seriously cite a computer failure as evidence of liberal states being liars-in-general?

Let us say that it true, and it is a computer failure. Why would a computer failure merit resignation? The mere unavoidable and inevitable failure of equipment is one of those few situations that does not call for someone in a leadership position to resign.

It sounds like a computer error to me. The software engineers apparently did not build a database with the foresight to handle largescale entries, and they have not been updated. As a result, there was a bottleneck when the database reached its limit.
You're trying to explain technology to Moderate Right?

Good luck!!

Sent from my U683CL using Tapatalk

I must have missed the meeting... Why is California UNDERCOUNTING?

because they're having trouble counting period.

there's a backlog of cases to be processed.

If it ain't processed, it ain't counted.

because they're having trouble counting period.

there's a backlog of cases to be processed.

If it ain't processed, it ain't counted.

I thought the whole conspiracy was that they were overcounting so they could get all that sweet federal money...

I must have missed the meeting... Why is California UNDERCOUNTING?

So that the lefty media can talk about Florida and Texas instead of the liberal state that undercounted.

So that the lefty media can talk about Florida and Texas instead of the liberal state that undercounted.

LMAO... I just can't keep up with the conspiracy of the day...

Last edited:
Let us say that it true, and it is a computer failure. Why would a computer failure merit resignation? The mere unavoidable and inevitable failure of equipment is one of those few situations that does not call for someone in a leadership position to resign.
It is the director's job to assess the possible workload and design fail safe means to process it

To avoid getting fired

Well, don't get me wrong, sangha. I love bagging on the Democratic apparatchiks of my state as much as the next right-winger. However, a mere failure of equipment (if that is what happened) is one of those things that makes me think something rotten is going on. Either she did something a bit worse than leave old computers to go on the fritz, OR she was made the scapegoat for someone or something worse. Otherwise forcing someone to resign over being given control over a department that probably still has computer equipment from before the end of the Twentieth Century is ridiculous and should not be something she should be held responsible for.

BTW, it's good to see you back, sangha. I missed you.

No, I am saying that they hired software engineers who were as well prepared for a pandemic as your president.

Oh, now I get it. You are saying that neither Trump or the California software engineers were well prepared for a pandemic, as well as the rest of the world.

California undercounted the virus so that the lefty media could talk about Florida and Texas instead. They didn't want the liberal state getting the headlines so they fudged the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom