• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California Ban on High-Capacity Magazines Overturned by Appeals Court

Well that ends that then.

Joe Biden won't be able to ban assault style weapons then.

I'd like to think that will be true, because banning "assault style weapons" is even more absurd than banning 11-round handgun magazines. But somehow I can't find it in me to have faith in the rationality of our judiciary.

I have yet to read the whole decision - https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2020/08/14/19-55376.pdf

What I'm getting is that the court basically said that an outright ban on the possession of LCMs isn't Constitutional and violates Heller. I have yet to see where they say that lesser restrictions, such as those leading up to the expansion of 32310 are also unconstitutional.

He shouldn't be allowed to anyway because of the Second Amendment.

Style refers to appearance. Banning guns because they look scawy is a gross misuse of power.

Legally, he can't anyway.

He can certainly ban their importation and the importation of ammunition. Doesn’t even need to consult congress. [emoji1]

this could help or hurt JOE/BLOW 2020 depending on how he reacts.

Heller helped Obama get elected

He can certainly ban their importation and the importation of ammunition. Doesn’t even need to consult congress. [emoji1]

Go ahead. Wanna take a guess how much good that'll do?

you seem giddy over that possibility. The good news is that the stuff that causes the most garment soiling by gun hating Democrats -like AR 15 magazines, are domestically made. He also would have a hard time justifying the ban of foreign made ammo

Go ahead. Wanna take a guess how much good that'll do?

The anti gunners don't care about such laws doing anything useful, as long as the laws harass and inconvenience conservative voters who own and use firearms.

you seem giddy over that possibility. The good news is that the stuff that causes the most garment soiling by gun hating Democrats -like AR 15 magazines, are domestically made. He also would have a hard time justifying the ban of foreign made ammo

There is no need to justify banning the importation of firearms or ammunition. It’s the prerogative of the president.

There is no need to justify banning the importation of firearms or ammunition. It’s the prerogative of the president.

You are hoping he would do that?

Wow. A surprising ruling.

Just like last time. Magpul is in for a busy week or two.

if Joe/Blow wins, the mag makers and the arms makers will be running their lines 24/7. If the ruling is not overturned by an en banc panel and the supremes let it stand, then that could actually help JoeBlow as Heller helped Obama

if Joe/Blow wins, the mag makers and the arms makers will be running their lines 24/7. If the ruling is not overturned by an en banc panel and the supremes let it stand, then that could actually help JoeBlow as Heller helped Obama

If the Dems even look like they're going to win, 80%, PSA and Poverty Pony will sell millions more lowers by Inauguration Day.

If the Dems even look like they're going to win, 80%, PSA and Poverty Pony will sell millions more lowers by Inauguration Day.

yep. just like October 2016. I still have a SPIKES and a PSA complete lowers stashed away in my basement. Plus 6 Anderson lower receivers. The stripped lowers I got for next to nothing in December of 2016

We plan to. If Biden is elected and the resistance starts a civil war, we want to be ready.

I don't think the Joe/Blow supporters have the stomach to fight. They hope the police and military-groups they hate-will side with Sniff and Suck.

Let's not forget the most important part of this:

The decision written by an appellate judge appointed by President Donald Trump "should put gun safety advocates across the country on high alert," said Giffords Law Center Litigation Director Hannah Shearer. "These judges are gaining potentially irreversible inroads on our appellate courts."

Vote Trump if you care about the right to self-defense.

Back
Top Bottom