• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California authorities raid home of anti-Planned Parenthood videographer[W:251]

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...home-of-anti-planned-parenthood-videographer/
California authorities raid home of anti-Planned Parenthood videographer

“Investigators with the California Department of Justice on Tuesday raided the home of David Daleiden, the anti-abortion activist behind a series of undercover videos targeting Planned Parenthood, the activist said……….

…………. A spokeswoman for California Attorney General Kamala Harris (D) said she could not comment on an ongoing investigation. But the raid confirms that California is among the states looking into possible criminal activity on the part of Daleiden and his organization, the Center for Medical Progress, which have been the center of controversy since releasing videos purporting to show that Planned Parenthood illegally sells fetal tissue for a profit……….

…………… a Houston grand jury earlier this year indicted Daleiden in connection with fake driver’s licenses he used to gain access to Planned Parenthood facilities and abortion provider conferences. ……………

…………… “David Daleiden’s lies are catching up with him,” Planned Parenthood spokeswoman Erica Sackin said in a statement. “The only people who engaged in wrongdoing are the extremists who broke multiple laws to spread lies about Planned Parenthood — and it looks like they’re finally being held accountable.”

ALSO SEE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...330e34-2a4d-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/u...-gop-over-planned-parenthood-battle.html?_r=0
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lanned-parenthood-videos-faces-felony-charge/
https://www.facebook.com/centerformedicalprogress

It seems I recall another zealot with a camera who doctored up his film work to make it seem Planned Parenthood and others were up to no good……

He went to jail............

Is this a repeat of the same crap?

Re: California authorities raid home of anti-Planned Parenthood videographer

Good!!

I heard criminal conspiracy, but in that entire story, I did not hear a criminal charge, or even an allegation of wrong doing.

In black and white I'm curious what he's being charged with or what charges are alleged for the warrant to search and seize.

Abortion isn't my thing but any time a state official does a search and seizure against someone that is in Federal Court with one of their money donors, Planned Parenthood, I tend to think a state official is up to something they shouldn't be. I cant connect the dots yet but I bet a sharp attorney with some discovery procedures can connect some between Harris and PP.

No ones eyebrows went up when a court case is in Federal court and Harris "suddenly" raids the defendant 3 days later on a supposedly unrelated case? Especially in light of the donation by PP to Harris?

I heard criminal conspiracy, but in that entire story, I did not hear a criminal charge, or even an allegation of wrong doing.

In black and white I'm curious what he's being charged with or what charges are alleged for the warrant to search and seize.

Abortion isn't my thing but any time a state official does a search and seizure against someone that is in Federal Court with one of their money donors, Planned Parenthood, I tend to think a state official is up to something they shouldn't be. I cant connect the dots yet but I bet a sharp attorney with some discovery procedures can connect some between Harris and PP.

Using fake drivers licenses is considered criminal.
Taking a ex classmates name and making a fake license in her name.
They took computers and hard drives perhaps to find if there are anymore identity thefts he used.

Using fake drivers licenses is considered criminal.
Taking a ex classmates name and making a fake license in her name.
They took computers and hard drives perhaps to find if there are anymore identity thefts he used.

Yeah, I don't see people with fake IDs getting their homes raided all the time.

Cui bono?

Modern version: follow the money.

Why can't you look things up your self? Why is it yall can "think this" "claim that" and "no its not".................yet can't lift a finger to find the information your self.............

Of course........and I sure hope so...........when you don 't back up your works with facts.................all you're doing is making noise and wasting other folks time.........

You take the cake..........you're arguing with the headline............Ya can't top that.........

Since you seem not to know where to look I provide you with a link.............if that's not good enough for you........ do your own "looking" for the answer

https://rewire.news/article/2016/01...charges-connection-planned-parenthood-scheme/
David Daleiden Indicted on Felony Charges in Connection With Planned Parenthood Scheme

A grand jury in Houston, Texas, declined to indict Planned Parenthood for alleged criminal conduct related to its fetal tissue donation program. Instead, it indicted two anti-choice activists who covertly recorded videos of the organization and its officials.

Why can't you look things up your self? Why is it yall can "think this" "claim that" and "no its not".................yet can't lift a finger to find the information your self.............

Of course........and I sure hope so...........when you don 't back up your works with facts.................all you're doing is making noise and wasting other folks time.........

You take the cake..........you're arguing with the headline............Ya can't top that.........

Since you seem not to know where to look I provide you with a link.............if that's not good enough for you........ do your own "looking" for the answer

https://rewire.news/article/2016/01...charges-connection-planned-parenthood-scheme/
David Daleiden Indicted on Felony Charges in Connection With Planned Parenthood Scheme

A grand jury in Houston, Texas, declined to indict Planned Parenthood for alleged criminal conduct related to its fetal tissue donation program. Instead, it indicted two anti-choice activists who covertly recorded videos of the organization and its officials.

So the charge is tampering with a federal record, regarding I suppose the consent form that is required. Considering no abortion occurred, I don't think that has any teeth. I'm more concerned with the timing of Harris conducting a raid for that while the target of said raid is in court with one of her money donors. Reeks of politically motivated prosecution.

Again, cui bono?

So the charge is tampering with a federal record, regarding I suppose the consent form that is required. Considering no abortion occurred, I don't think that has any teeth. I'm more concerned with the timing of Harris conducting a raid for that while the target of said raid is in court with one of her money donors. Reeks of politically motivated prosecution.

Again, cui bono?

You may think it doesn't have teeth..........

But what you think does not matter ...........nor does it square with the facts of the case........

Yeah........Once again its that GD government with its secret plans and ulterior and political motives............

Not another one?

You may think it doesn't have teeth..........

But what you think does not matter ...........nor does it square with the facts of the case........

Yeah........Once again its that GD government with its secret plans and ulterior and political motives............

Not another one?

The timing is suspicious. Pre-trial discovery ought to be interesting.

Like yoda suggests, a little bit of the Google and it is easy to find what charges will be filed against Daleiden in the California state courts. Daleiden filmed parts of his videos in California using tiny cameras hidden on his person; California law bans the recording of conversations unless both parties consent or the camera or recorder is in plain sight. California Penal Code Section 632

Daleiden tried to show that Planned Parenthood was doing something illegal.

It wasn't.

Really.

Honest to goodness.

However, what Daleiden did was.

David Daleiden, the head of the Center for Medical Progress (CMP), the anti-choice front group that published the videos, and Sandra Merritt, another individual involved in the video sting operation, were both indicted Monday on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record, according to the Houston Chronicle.

This is the very definition of being hoisted by one's own petard. :bravo:

Last edited:

Yeah, I don't see people with fake IDs getting their homes raided all the time.

Happens all the time dude.

Like yoda suggests, a little bit of the Google and it is easy to find what charges will be filed against Daleiden in the California state courts. Daleiden filmed parts of his videos in California using tiny cameras hidden on his person; California law bans the recording of conversations unless both parties consent or the camera or recorder is in plain sight. California Penal Code Section 632

Then there is setting up a fraudulent company (Biomax Procruement Services, Norwalk CA) and making a fake California Drivers License.

>>>>

Big Brother protecting it's own. Only in the liberal mind is the sickening behavior of PP defended, and the person who uncovered it is painted as the enemy of the State.

This is the MO for this administration. This guy. Dinesh D'souza. Selective prosecution. They go after them with everything they can muster. They are clearly making an example of these people. Yet, they haven't found a thing wrong with Hillary, BLM, people coming into the country illegally (duh!).

Big Brother protecting it's own. Only in the liberal mind is the sickening behavior of PP defended, and the person who uncovered it is painted as the enemy of the State.

Except the 'person' uncovered nothing, made crap up, broke numerous laws, yeah your 'right' just not Keyrect... ;)

Only in the far right SoCon mind is what PPH does seem 'sickening'... :peace

The timing is suspicious. Pre-trial discovery ought to be interesting.

Actually the lawsuit was filed by ARNOLD and PORTER LLP against Daleiden and CMP in California on January 14 2016:

From wiki:

Arnold & Porter LLP is a nine-office international law firm based in Washington, D.C.[1] Arnold & Porter is well known for its trial, corporate, and antitrust work, and for its pro bono commitments. Founded in 1946, it is one of the largest law firms in the world today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_&_Porter

From the following article:

jan. 14, 2016

The California-based CMP broke so many laws to manufacture their smear campaign that we couldn’t sue them for just one thing. Here are the highlights:[/B]

The lawsuit is against known anti-abortion extremists, including Daleiden, Troy Newman, Albin Rhomberg, and Sandra Merritt, as well as the front organizations they created to commit their crimes: CMP and BioMax.

The lawsuit charges that CMP, its leaders, and other co-conspirators:

– Violated the Racketeer Influence and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act;
– Violated the federal eavesdropping statute;
– Engaged in wire fraud, mail fraud, invasion of privacy, illegal secret recording, and trespassing; and
– Used a complex criminal enterprise to defraud Planned Parenthood and prevent it from providing health care.

The lawsuit asks for restitution of compensatory and punitive damages and triple damages for violation of the RICO Act, as well as attorney’s fees.

Planned Parenthood Drops A Bomb On Republicans With Lawsuit Over Illegal Edited Videos

And from the following article:
Jan.14, 2016

The complaint details Daleiden’s ties to radical elements of the anti-choice movement, including previous work with LiveAction, an anti-choice organization that attempts to produce undercover “investigations” targeting Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. Newman’s history with violent anti-choice extremists as well as his claims that murdering abortion providers is a “justifiable defensive action” is mentioned in the complaint.

The complaint alleges 14 claims against Daleiden, Newman, CMP, and other “unknown co-conspirators” including violations of the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, civil conspiracy, fraud, invasion of privacy, and a series of violations of criminal law.

https://rewire.news/article/2016/01...cking-planned-parenthood-criminal-enterprise/

Here is a link to the 65 page complaint.
COMPLAINT FOR DAMAGES AND FOR DECLARATORY AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

http://ppfa.pr-optout.com/ViewAttachment.aspx?EID=mr9WXYw4u2IxYnni1dBRVsyFeJIuuWQv+tbEt05Givo=

Last edited:

The entire case will hang on point 124 of the brief. Planned parenthood will have to categorize all of the information as false to exclude for use from the trial onward. They are also claiming it has no journalistic quality as well due to the way it was obtained. Plenty of case law to refute or argue against that.

As for alleging criminal conduct in the civil proceeding, that won't fly very far without criminal proceedings. Which is probably what Harris is doing by conducting the raids. I foresee lots of motions to suppress and all kinds of hidden discovery from this trial. If Daleiden really believes what he's alleging, he will go to jail to have discovery on criminal activity in PP. If they are selling organs, there is no way around it, its criminal activity.

If Daleiden attempts to argue greater good and journalistic grounds, he won't get very far. He may avoid some of the criminal charges but he will still get hurt in a civil proceeding but so will PP. So it will come down to how committed both sides are.

I don't see how 124 will be able to categorize all information as false, material obtained by false means doesn't preclude the information contained as false. It means it is dubious and will have to examined to satisfy the court of its validity. Eliminating it as to journalistic integrity is a very high bar to get to.

Is it too late for this guy to change his name to "Edward Snowden" so he can be a liberal hero whose only crime is treason? :confused:

Except the 'person' uncovered nothing, made crap up, broke numerous laws, yeah your 'right' just not Keyrect... ;)

Only in the far right SoCon mind is what PPH does seem 'sickening'... :peace

This has been the MO for conservative groups through the ages. They are strict law and order types when it comes to things and people that promote change. When it comes to people they politically agree with using illegal tactics to further their political agenda they minimize it, whine about it being political persecution, or just outright justify it as being a greater good.

Is it too late for this guy to change his name to "Edward Snowden" so he can be a liberal hero whose only crime is treason? :confused:

non-sequitur

This has been the MO for conservative groups through the ages. They are strict law and order types when it comes to things and people that promote change. When it comes to people they politically agree with using illegal tactics to further their political agenda they minimize it, whine about it being political persecution, or just outright justify it as being a greater good.

The only thing I would say in response is that PP is not transparent. If they receive federal funding they should be. It would be my hope that discovery be completely published on both sides and let the court make a decision, I have a feeling both parties will come out of this case disappointed, to some extent.

Back
Top Bottom