• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California among 8 states to vote on legal weed in November

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Eight states, including California, will vote to legalize weed either for recreational or medical purposes in November.
The legalization of marijuana for recreational use will be on the ballot on Nov. 8 in California, Nevada, Arizona, Massachusetts and Maine, according to Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. Legalization for medical use will also be on the ballot in Florida, Missouri and Arkansas on that same day.​

This could be huge. Eight states? It'd be best if it passes in Florida for all those elderly folks down there in assistance to some of their medical needs. I know it has passed in Arizona before but it was considered a straw vote so it was a nonbinding vote that was voted up by the voters and was never acted on by the legislature. So I wonder if all or some of these are nonbinding straw votes.

Most excellent news. Potential victories for rationality and eventually doing away with the excrescent WOD.

Eight states, including California, will vote to legalize weed either for recreational or medical purposes in November.
The legalization of marijuana for recreational use will be on the ballot on Nov. 8 in California, Nevada, Arizona, Massachusetts and Maine, according to Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. Legalization for medical use will also be on the ballot in Florida, Missouri and Arkansas on that same day.​

This could be huge. Eight states? It'd be best if it passes in Florida for all those elderly folks down there in assistance to some of their medical needs. I know it has passed in Arizona before but it was considered a straw vote so it was a nonbinding vote that was voted up by the voters and was never acted on by the legislature. So I wonder if all or some of these are nonbinding straw votes.

It will pass in AZ...and if it doesn't? Well, drives to San Diego will be more frequent.

Marijuana Ballot Initiative Submits Signatures; State Deems Legalization a Moneymaker | Phoenix New Times

Last edited:
"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in you hair....."

Weed, wetbacks, gays, skin heads, antique hippies, and one of the biggest gang populations in the whole world. Priceless!

"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in you hair....."

Weed, wetbacks, gays, skin heads, antique hippies, and one of the biggest gang populations in the whole world. Priceless!

Oh my God. Really dude?

Last edited:
Still illegal and for good reason.

One would think Ca woulda been one state on the cutting edge of leagel pot.

One would think Ca woulda been one state on the cutting edge of leagel pot.

Remarkably, for having such a liberal image, Cali has one of the most conservative counties in the entire country in Orange County. Then there's Bakersfield and anything not on the coast tends to go red.

I think it will have a HUGE impact on Colorado if it happens in these other states. Colorado is getting besieged with people coming in just for that. It could alleviate some of the pressure on Colorado. My Southern Colorado brother-in-law cop says its loads of people from the South believe it or not. They move to Southern Colorado because there is more land to do agriculture there and they set up illegal grow farms.

Still illegal and for good reason.

Legal here in WA. I think it's awesome. And I don't smoke it. Gotta admit, the edibles section of the stores out here in WA are pretty creative.

Great city. Your racism notwithstanding.

I've got one! Potheads are really stupid when they're stoned so they are real easy to take advantage of. It's easy to roll 'em and steal their money and their weed. Best part is that they end up being suckers for crack, meth, H, and all those other goodies that make us dealers very, very rich. We just love dopers. (he, he, he, he)

I've got one! Potheads are really stupid when they're stoned so they are real easy to take advantage of. It's easy to roll 'em and steal their money and their weed. Best part is that they end up being suckers for crack, meth, H, and all those other goodies that make us dealers very, very rich. We just love dopers. (he, he, he, he)

OMG are you really going to take the "its a gateway drug" approach to this?

Medical marijuana is already legal here in California. Decriminalizing it completely would be awesome; empty out the prisons, rest our police departments, perhaps even reduce the total number of police officers required in some areas, save taxpayers a ton of money.

Of course, every PD in the state is likely against it. I've always said that the "War on Drugs" was really the "Law Enforcement Employment Protection Act".

Medical marijuana is already legal here in California. Decriminalizing it completely would be awesome; empty out the prisons, rest our police departments, perhaps even reduce the total number of police officers required in some areas, save taxpayers a ton of money.

Of course, every PD in the state is likely against it. I've always said that the "War on Drugs" was really the "Law Enforcement Employment Protection Act".

That cop brother-in-law of mine used to always tell me that at 1 or 2 in the morning, he'd much rather deal with someone whose stoned than have to fight a belligerent drunk when the bars closed.

That cop brother-in-law of mine used to always tell me that at 1 or 2 in the morning, he'd much rather deal with someone whose stoned than have to fight a belligerent drunk when the bars closed.

OMG, drunks are the worst. And they get that way through perfectly legal means. Criminalizing weed never, ever made sense to me... and I don't even use the stuff!

I've got a really GREAT idea. Build a wall around California and then start bringing in tractor trailer load after tractor load of assorted hallucinogens and tractor trailer loads of assualt weapons and ammo. Drop leaflets in Oakland and LA and do PS announcements on all the local radio stations. Give the first 10,000 to show up all the junk they can carry and the second 10,000 all the guns and ammo they can carry and let nature take its course.

OMG, drunks are the worst. And they get that way through perfectly legal means. Criminalizing weed never, ever made sense to me... and I don't even use the stuff!

You and I knew each other well on the forums when my mother passed away. I had always wished she could've taken advantage of pot during those times fighting her cancer. she was dealing with so much pain and loss of appetite both of which weed could've helped. Instead, they prescribed her a synthetic THC pill that did absolutely nothing.

Holy crap Di... I've known you for over 11 years now.

I've got a really GREAT idea. Build a wall around California and then start bringing in tractor trailer load after tractor load of assorted hallucinogens and tractor trailer loads of assualt weapons and ammo. Drop leaflets in Oakland and LA and do PS announcements on all the local radio stations. Give the first 10,000 to show up all the junk they can carry and the second 10,000 all the guns and ammo they can carry and let nature take its course.

Or OR... You could actually contribute something to this thread?

Dunno... this is just a wild thought here.

Easy! I'm very sensitive. I think you've hurt my feelings.

Easy! I'm very sensitive. I think you've hurt my feelings.

You are "very conservative" so this is to be expected. Go smoke a joint and chill out.

Golly, you're mighty bossy for a pacifist. Do you wear high heels?

Back
Top Bottom