• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California among 8 states to vote on legal weed in November

You and I knew each other well on the forums when my mother passed away. I had always wished she could've taken advantage of pot during those times fighting her cancer. she was dealing with so much pain and loss of appetite both of which weed could've helped. Instead, they prescribed her a synthetic THC pill that did absolutely nothing.

Holy crap Di... I've known you for over 11 years now.

A lot of people get horrible side effects from marinol. Sorry about your mom, lost mine a few years ago too.

I suspect, the main limitation to legal weed, was the capability to tax it.
Colorado seems to have worked out the bugs, and the bandwagon starts to roll.
When people say pot is a gateway drug, I think it is a bit of a misstatement,
illegal marijuana, is a gateway crime, in that it devalues peoples perception of the law.
When our laws, cause low intensity law breaking, it lowers the moral boundary
to people being willing to break other laws.

The states have placed the Supreme Court in a position of hypocrisy regarding the rights of people to obtain, use, and grow pot..

Why do I constantly have to spell this out to people. Where drugs exist all the trash follows.
Crime, gangs, cartels etc ..

the value of property goes down, people lose their jobs and the overall quality of life for people in the area goes down as well.
There is nothing of value that comes from it. This has proven itself true time and time again.

Laughable. The crime only comes from the illegal trafficking of drugs. Legalize them, and the cartels vanish overnight.

I've got a really GREAT idea. Build a wall around California and then start bringing in tractor trailer load after tractor load of assorted hallucinogens and tractor trailer loads of assualt weapons and ammo. Drop leaflets in Oakland and LA and do PS announcements on all the local radio stations. Give the first 10,000 to show up all the junk they can carry and the second 10,000 all the guns and ammo they can carry and let nature take its course.

Derp!

I've got a really GREAT idea. Build a wall around California and then start bringing in tractor trailer load after tractor load of assorted hallucinogens and tractor trailer loads of assualt weapons and ammo. Drop leaflets in Oakland and LA and do PS announcements on all the local radio stations. Give the first 10,000 to show up all the junk they can carry and the second 10,000 all the guns and ammo they can carry and let nature take its course.

Are you suggesting a welfare program?

I can't see how a Marine can be a Progressive. All my Marine friends and Navy Seals I know....are staunch Conservatives.

Both of them?

Laughable. The crime only comes from the illegal trafficking of drugs. Legalize them, and the cartels vanish overnight.

you would be 100% wrong but I expected a uninformed opinion.
it is easy to ignore facts when you want to.

Underground weed: Colorado’s black market | Marijuana Country: The Cannabis Boom

The black market is thriving and growing.

Feds worry that drug cartels are moving into Colo.

you should probably be more informed of what is actually going on.

you would be 100% wrong but I expected a uninformed opinion.
it is easy to ignore facts when you want to.

Underground weed: Colorado’s black market | Marijuana Country: The Cannabis Boom

The black market is thriving and growing.

And doesn't involve gang violence. Thanks for proving my point, as usual.
Feds worry that drug cartels are moving into Colo.

you should probably be more informed of what is actually going on.

An article more than two years old and nothing has come of it.

Thanks for proving my point yet again.

You make this too easy.

I've got one! Potheads are really stupid when they're stoned so they are real easy to take advantage of. It's easy to roll 'em and steal their money and their weed. Best part is that they end up being suckers for crack, meth, H, and all those other goodies that make us dealers very, very rich. We just love dopers. (he, he, he, he)

You are showing your bias and lack of education on this subject.

And doesn't involve gang violence. Thanks for proving my point, as usual.
way to ignore the article but that is the dishonesty that I expect.
but yes you are wrong as usual
Surging gang violence in northeast Denver neighborhood has residents on high alert – The Denver Post

An article more than two years old and nothing has come of it.
Thanks for proving my point yet again.

You make this too easy.

yes you do. ignoring facts pretty much invalidates everything you have said.
I proved myself correct you were proved wrong that is all that matters.

all you can do is do the typical liberal deny fallacy but the fact is that doesn't fly.

thanks for your concession. you should really educate yourself on the topic before going uh huh which is not an argument.
it is the exact opposite of one.

Surging gang violence in northeast Denver neighborhood has residents on high alert – The Denver Post

all you can do is do the typical liberal deny fallacy but the fact is that doesn't fly.

thanks for your concession. you should really educate yourself on the topic before going uh huh which is not an argument.

Are you saying this is due to pot?

We do exist. I've been out for 20 years now. You find more liberal vets than you do liberals in active service it seems.

True statement.

I think it gets even more diverse if you look at officer vs enlisted ranks.

Why do I constantly have to spell this out to people. Where drugs exist all the trash follows.
Crime, gangs, cartels etc ..

the value of property goes down, people lose their jobs and the overall quality of life for people in the area goes down as well.
There is nothing of value that comes from it. This has proven itself true time and time again.

Does the same happen for liquor stores? I see liquor stores in some nice communities. Seems like a pretty blanket statement.

Which has zero to do with marijuana. Thanks for continuing to prove my points, over and over again.

Zzzzz.... Thanks for admitting that you haven't proven anything other than your ability to post two year old articles who's topic has not come to fruition. You haven't presented any facts, sport. You should really try harder.

Sorry to have embarrassed you so profoundly.

Good luck with your magical thinking.

Are you saying this is due to pot?

Drugs in general. gangs are always fighting over turf wars over the stuff.
Pot is usually just the starter. easy to get easy to sell wide market.

they can under cut the other distributers as I already proved and there is big money to be had in it.

Which has zero to do with marijuana. Thanks for continuing to prove my points, over and over again.

nope proved you wrong yet again.

Zzzzz.... Thanks for admitting that you haven't proven anything other than your ability to post two year old articles who's topic has not come to fruition. You haven't presented any facts, sport. You should really try harder.

yep your posts are zzzzz denial fallacies are denial fallacies.
so far I have brought more to this than you have which is basically uh hhuh.

you haven't brought anything into this discussion at all so far I have at least 3 articles that prove my point.
yes you need to try harder your denial is making you look bad.

Good luck with your magical thinking.

yep you have magical thinking alright.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=TC4MAAAAIBAJ&pg=4273,5728273&hl=en

here is another article you can ignore as well.

just shows you have already lost this, but keep up the denial.

Simply put, I believe that what you put into your body is your business. If you die putting it in...so be it. If you die in a fiery crash due to it, so be it. If you think you can fly becuase of it...and you find out the hard way that you can not...so be it.

nope proved you wrong yet again.

Thanks for admitting I'm right and that article wasn't about MJ.
yep your posts are zzzzz denial fallacies are denial fallacies.
so far I have brought more to this than you have which is basically uh hhuh.

you haven't brought anything into this discussion at all so far I have at least 3 articles that prove my point.
yes you need to try harder your denial is making you look bad.

Thanks for admitting everything you cited was irrelevant, out of date and didn't prove your points.
yep you have magical thinking alright.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=TC4MAAAAIBAJ&pg=4273,5728273&hl=en

here is another article you can ignore as well.

just shows you have already lost this, but keep up the denial.

LOL! 1984, eh? Wow. Just wow.

I accept your surrender. Youre quite good at that.

Drugs in general. gangs are always fighting over turf wars over the stuff.
Pot is usually just the starter. easy to get easy to sell wide market.

they can under cut the other distributers as I already proved and there is big money to be had in it.

It's legal. No turf war needed for a legal item. You are making crap up.

One would think Ca woulda been one state on the cutting edge of leagel pot.
California is not as full-blown liberal as common perception would have people believe. There are still serious pockets of conservatism.

You and I knew each other well on the forums when my mother passed away. I had always wished she could've taken advantage of pot during those times fighting her cancer. she was dealing with so much pain and loss of appetite both of which weed could've helped. Instead, they prescribed her a synthetic THC pill that did absolutely nothing.

Holy crap Di... I've known you for over 11 years now.
I get angry when people tout that as the cure-all panacea.

Back
Top Bottom