• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California among 8 states to vote on legal weed in November

Golly, you're mighty bossy for a pacifist. Do you wear high heels?

Sure... if you think marines are hi-healed wearing pacifists I suppose.

Oooooh! Do you have a gun?

Eight states, including California, will vote to legalize weed either for recreational or medical purposes in November.
The legalization of marijuana for recreational use will be on the ballot on Nov. 8 in California, Nevada, Arizona, Massachusetts and Maine, according to Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. Legalization for medical use will also be on the ballot in Florida, Missouri and Arkansas on that same day.​

This could be huge. Eight states? It'd be best if it passes in Florida for all those elderly folks down there in assistance to some of their medical needs. I know it has passed in Arizona before but it was considered a straw vote so it was a nonbinding vote that was voted up by the voters and was never acted on by the legislature. So I wonder if all or some of these are nonbinding straw votes.

Dumb as I see it.

Both Colorado and Oregon are having many problems over legal, across the counter, weed and medical weed grown by folks.

More nut jobs, more impaired driving, more accidents, more traffic deaths, more arrests, more assaults on growers and distributors...a lot more.

Sure... if you think marines are hi-healed wearing pacifists I suppose.

I can't see how a Marine can be a Progressive. All my Marine friends and Navy Seals I know....are staunch Conservatives.

I've got a really GREAT idea. Build a wall around California and then start bringing in tractor trailer load after tractor load of assorted hallucinogens and tractor trailer loads of assualt weapons and ammo. Drop leaflets in Oakland and LA and do PS announcements on all the local radio stations. Give the first 10,000 to show up all the junk they can carry and the second 10,000 all the guns and ammo they can carry and let nature take its course.

Your rabid and pathological hatred of America and US citizens duly noted.

I can't see how a Marine can be a Progressive. All my Marine friends and Navy Seals I know....are staunch Conservatives.

We do exist. I've been out for 20 years now. You find more liberal vets than you do liberals in active service it seems.

Just because you can't see how doesn't mean they don't exist. I know several Marines, some of them Major and over, who are quite liberal, if not progressive.

You and I knew each other well on the forums when my mother passed away. I had always wished she could've taken advantage of pot during those times fighting her cancer. she was dealing with so much pain and loss of appetite both of which weed could've helped. Instead, they prescribed her a synthetic THC pill that did absolutely nothing.

Holy crap Di... I've known you for over 11 years now.

Scary isn't it? :lol:

Eight states, including California, will vote to legalize weed either for recreational or medical purposes in November.
The legalization of marijuana for recreational use will be on the ballot on Nov. 8 in California, Nevada, Arizona, Massachusetts and Maine, according to Allen St. Pierre, executive director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. Legalization for medical use will also be on the ballot in Florida, Missouri and Arkansas on that same day.​

This could be huge. Eight states? It'd be best if it passes in Florida for all those elderly folks down there in assistance to some of their medical needs. I know it has passed in Arizona before but it was considered a straw vote so it was a nonbinding vote that was voted up by the voters and was never acted on by the legislature. So I wonder if all or some of these are nonbinding straw votes.

In Arizona, no. It is a citizens initiative. If it passes it becomes law. The State requires 150,000 signatures for an initiative to be placed on the ballot. This week, yesterday, I think, a legalization initiative with over 200,000 signatures was submitted to the Arizona Attorney General.

I don't hate America and US Citizens nearly as much as I hate losers.

What makes you say that?:2wave:

I've got a really GREAT idea. Build a wall around California and then start bringing in tractor trailer load after tractor load of assorted hallucinogens and tractor trailer loads of assualt weapons and ammo. Drop leaflets in Oakland and LA and do PS announcements on all the local radio stations. Give the first 10,000 to show up all the junk they can carry and the second 10,000 all the guns and ammo they can carry and let nature take its course.

Let me be the first to say goodbye to you.

You and I knew each other well on the forums when my mother passed away. I had always wished she could've taken advantage of pot during those times fighting her cancer. she was dealing with so much pain and loss of appetite both of which weed could've helped. Instead, they prescribed her a synthetic THC pill that did absolutely nothing.

Holy crap Di... I've known you for over 11 years now.

You were posting to Di when she was still in high school?

That's how Canada eventually made single payer health care go national. The Federal government refused to do it, so a few provinces did it on their own. The rest is history. Let's make a little history right here in the good old USA.

:lol:

Interesting article though. I knew MJ had a lot of positive medical properties, but I didn't know about that one. Thanks!

I think the Salk Institute is in the San Diego in area,at least they used to be in that area.:2wave:

"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in you hair....."

Weed, wetbacks, gays, skin heads, antique hippies, and one of the biggest gang populations in the whole world. Priceless!

1. If you make it to 200 posts, I'll be shocked.

2. San Francisco doesn't have even close to "one of the biggest gang populations in the whole world." Mistake or lie? I'll bank on lie.

The Federal government needs to legalize marijuana or at least give that power over to the states. I support legalizing marijuana and controlling it, but that can be difficult when state and federal law clash.

Amazing! What's that 'good' reason?

Why do I constantly have to spell this out to people. Where drugs exist all the trash follows.
Crime, gangs, cartels etc ..

the value of property goes down, people lose their jobs and the overall quality of life for people in the area goes down as well.
There is nothing of value that comes from it. This has proven itself true time and time again.

Legal here in WA. I think it's awesome. And I don't smoke it. Gotta admit, the edibles section of the stores out here in WA are pretty creative.

No it is illegal in WA because the Federal government says it is illegal and they still raid pot farms and dispensaries when they get time.

Back
Top Bottom