• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California’s 2020 Unemployment Fraud Claims May Top $31 BILLION

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

California Labor and Workforce Development Agency Secretary Julie Su announced Monday that, in 2020, fraudsters stole at least $11.4 billion in unemployment benefits from California.

Su also noted that another $20 billion may have also been stolen by identity thieves and foreign criminals, possibly making as much as 27% of all EDD unemployment benefits being sent to fraudsters last year.

The current confirmed number, $11.4 billion, or around 10% of all unemployment funds given out, dwarfs the previous released amount, which was at $2 billion in early January. While there were some concerns that it could go as high as $8 billion, no estimate had even come close to $11.4 billion until Su’s announcement Monday.

The democrats hire and promote according to ethnicity and “feelings”. As a result california government is mainly staffed with dumb shits.

Another milestone has been reached: California is dead last in Corona vaccination! Congratulations! And I’ll bet you Guv. Newsom is not voted out. Big Tech won’t allow it.

The democrats hire and promote according to ethnicity and “feelings”. As a result california government is mainly staffed with dumb shits.

Another milestone has been reached: California is dead last in Corona vaccination! Congratulations! And I’ll bet you Guv. Newsom is not voted out. Big Tech won’t allow it.

How does that line up with other things? From what I gather, if you stack California against other countries as if it was one, its GDP comes out #5.

Do you have any idea how much red states siphon off from California via federal tax & spend?

A clue?

Bluemerica is carrying Redmerica, while Redmerica calls Bluemerica "takers". If the infrastructure wasn't so horribly tangled, I'd say "fine, we'll split"

How does that line up with other things? From what I gather, if you stack California against other countries as if it was one, its GDP comes out #5.

Do you have any idea how much red states siphon off from California via federal tax & spend?

A clue?

Bluemerica is carrying Redmerica, while Redmerica calls Bluemerica "takers". If the infrastructure wasn't so horribly tangled, I'd say "fine, we'll split"
Why don’t you address the thread Instead.

Is it preferable to hire with preferences given to the less educated and those whose qualifications are more based on feelings and connections? Would these be the non 'dumbshits,' as you call them?
Because that's exactly what Trump did (by EO for that matter).

Why don’t you address the thread Instead.

I did. I obliquely discussed its relevance in light of CA's economy. I wasn't how to address the claim that this article shows "The democrats hire and promote according to ethnicity and “feelings”."

I could go on. But why bother, when every thread you make boils down to "The Libruls are poopy!"

A clue?

Except none of that nonsense is true, you only get that by using a knot of unrelated statistics then making a non sequitur conclusion. No money is paid by the state of California to any “red states” and if there were trade barriers between “red America” and California their GDP would rapidly shrink because without their harbors having tariff free access to the whole of America they would see massive drop offs in foreign trade. Plus without federal resources it is unlikely they could pay off their large patronage networks of non whites to not riot and burn the place down.

You just get better every day, my dude.
You can’t argue the actual point though. The state of California has spent decades reinforcing the idea in urban non-white communities that whites are stealing from them what’s rightfully theirs in order to win elections. In exchange they’ve appointed affirmative action political hires and given them immunity from the lefts purity requirements (Ice T released rap records about committing genocide against Koreans but was never denounced as a “racist” ) and they will get social assistance. But as California gets less white and there’s a rapidly expanding flight of middle class whites and the based non whites out of California, they’re approaching a point where their popular front is about to collapse. Remember the latinos wanted villaragosa to be governor so the rich white leftist over class had to rig the primary to get Newsom on the ballot.

their public employees have spent careers being Promised massive pensions and lifelong health benefits, currently massively underfunded, and the wealthy tech oligopoly has been promised total immunity from the state and many many tax breaks.

somewhere this system will have to break and it will be ugly when it does.

Chuck, your comment doesn't address the article, so why should we?

You can’t argue the actual point though. The state of California has spent decades reinforcing the idea in urban non-white communities that whites are stealing from them what’s rightfully theirs in order to win elections. In exchange they’ve appointed affirmative action political hires and given them immunity from the lefts purity requirements (Ice T released rap records about committing genocide against Koreans but was never denounced as a “racist”)
That was Ice Cube, but Ice Tea also gets a free pass because he is very much a pro-2A guy.
their public employees have spent careers being Promised massive pensions and lifelong health benefits, currently massively underfunded, and the wealthy tech oligopoly has been promised total immunity from the state and many many tax breaks.

somewhere this system will have to break and it will be ugly when it does.

No, the Democrats in the federal government will eventually bail out California.

Back
Top Bottom