• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cairo court rules on Egyptians married to Israeli women

Not crazy. Just more evidence of how backward the Muslim dominated countries in the middle east truly are.

I didn't know a Govt. could strip a individual of their citizenship.
So what nationality would he be now?

:roll:

Cause you know...People being happy < maybe causing an international issue adding to the already scrwed up that is the middle east :roll:

They are welcomed to come to Israel.

And by the way I believe that is clear racism there, but it's done by a developing country so let's just ignore it.

Not only a developing.. but also an Islamic country.. which is known by it's primitiveness, more like laws and inner ways of life issues.

LOL the fake outrage.. you all do know Israel does pretty much the same right and have done so for decades?

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israeli law limits Arab citizenship

The law will prevent Palestinians from the occupied territories in the West Bank and Gaza from marrying Arab-Israelis, who make up about 20% of the population of Israel.

or this

UNHCR | Refworld | Israel: Mixed-marriage couples and families (particularly of an Arab husband and a Jewish wife); reports of such couples being targeted by Orthodox Jewish groups or any difficulties they may face; protection and recourse available

So.. more bs crap from one side that the other side is already doing...

That was passed during the second intifada, it was done to prevent terrorists from gaining an Israeli citizenship, and while I, as do many other Israelis and Israeli politicians, think that it should be removed by now since we're not in an intifada currently I can absolutely see the security reasons behind it.

The Egyptian case however is a clear and obvious act of hostility, against a nationality that they're apparently in peace with.

That was passed during the second intifada, it was done to prevent terrorists from gaining an Israeli citizenship, and while I, as do many other Israelis and Israeli politicians, think that it should be removed by now since we're not in an intifada currently I can absolutely see the security reasons behind it.

The Egyptian case however is a clear and obvious act of hostility, against a nationality that they're apparently in peace with.

Hypocrite alert!

‘Marriage to an Arab is national treason’ - Israel News, Ynetnews

Over half of the Jewish population in Israel believes the marriage of a Jewish woman to an Arab man is equal to national treason, according to a recent survey by the Geocartography Institute.

There are also many campaigns to discourage Jew and Arab inter dating and marriage.

As for the law.. it has not been repealed.

Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On top of that there are cases where Palestinians marrying outside the occupied areas pretty much means that if they leave they will never be allowed back and their husband/wife will never be allowed in either. But I am guessing you are fine with such open discrimination because it is happening to dirty areeebs right?

And before you start, I aint defending the action of the Egyptian court in any way or form, but I also refuse to only blame the Egyptians when the Israelis are and have been doing this crap for far longer.

LOL the fake outrage.. you all do know Israel does pretty much the same right and have done so for decades?

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israeli law limits Arab citizenship

lol a law which would disallow citizenship rights based on marriage =/= revocation of citizenship for getting married. :roll: Israel has the right to grant citizenship to whoever they want.

You're comparing random acts of violence to state sponsored acts of oppression?

Last edited:
Hypocrite alert!

‘Marriage to an Arab is national treason’ - Israel News, Ynetnews

There are also many campaigns to discourage Jew and Arab inter dating and marriage.

As for the law.. it has not been repealed.

Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On top of that there are cases where Palestinians marrying outside the occupied areas pretty much means that if they leave they will never be allowed back and their husband/wife will never be allowed in either. But I am guessing you are fine with such open discrimination because it is happening to dirty areeebs right?

And before you start, I aint defending the action of the Egyptian court in any way or form, but I also refuse to only blame the Egyptians when the Israelis are and have been doing this crap for far longer.

A law which would disallow citizenship rights based on marriage =/= revocation of citizenship for getting married. :roll: Israel has the right to grant citizenship to whoever they want.

lol a law which would disallow citizenship rights based on marriage =/= revocation of citizenship for getting married. :roll: Israel has the right to grant citizenship to whoever they want.

You're comparing random acts of violence to state sponsored acts of oppression?

Of course he is. He has nothing else. Heaven forbid he actually condemn the Egyptian law.

Last edited:
Of course he is. He has nothing else. Heaven forbid he actually condemn the Egyptian law.

Its not an Egyptian law.. it is an Egyptian court that made a ruling. And I did condemn it. Now will you condemn what Israel does to its own citizens when it comes to marriage?

A law which would disallow citizenship rights based on marriage =/= revocation of citizenship for getting married. :roll: Israel has the right to grant citizenship to whoever they want.

It is not a law. It is a ruling by a court. There is quite a bit of doubt out there that the Egyptian government will follow the ruling, but I guess in your hatred of arabs and anything associated to them, you forgot to fact check your own remarks.

The difference is between granting automatic citizenship (Israel) and stripping existing citizenship (Egypt). They're not comparable. In fact, there's talk in Arizona of doing something very similar re: denying automatic citizenship.

Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship (Yahoo News)

There is no difference. The law denying automatic citizenship targets a specific group of people (arabs and Palestinians), and not everyone. There is no difference. Defending Israel on this point is stupid and a huge double standard. In Egypt it is a court that made this ruling and so far there is huge doubt that the Egyptian government will even follow the ruling, where as in Israel it is the government and Knesset that made the law and even renewed it many times plus the Supreme Court actually okayed the law.. narrowly.

And lets not forget the huge difference in situations. There is a much larger chance of an Israeli Jew and Israeli Arab for falling in love than an Egyptian and Israeli. Israeli Jews and Arabs plus the Palestinians live in the same place and interact every day. So the Egyptian ruling if carried out (and there is huge doubt it will be), will hit a very small minority, where as the Israeli law hits thousands every year.

I wasn't aware of either cases - this just continues to show up the horrible situation that can sometimes only be described as the Middle East. No side comes out with any honour from either set of stories.

******************EDIT********************

How many Israelis would marry an Arab terrorist? Or was this aimed at the Israeli Arabs as if they were / are some kind of 5th column?

Last edited:
It is not a law. It is a ruling by a court. There is quite a bit of doubt out there that the Egyptian government will follow the ruling, but I guess in your hatred of arabs and anything associated to them, you forgot to fact check your own remarks.

Why would they not support it? This is the same country which still outlaws apostasy and homosexuality. And no I don't hate Arabs I hate Islam especially Islamic law which is oppresive by its very nature.

There is no difference. The law denying automatic citizenship targets a specific group of people (arabs and Palestinians), and not everyone.

No one is granted automatic citizenship to Israel except Jews.

There is no difference.

They are completely different, one discriminates against ones own citizens the other bars immigration and citizenship to foreigners.

Defending Israel on this point is stupid and a huge double standard. In Egypt it is a court that made this ruling and so far there is huge doubt that the Egyptian government will even follow the ruling, where as in Israel it is the government and Knesset that made the law and even renewed it many times plus the Supreme Court actually okayed the law.. narrowly.

So Israel has no right to determine who can and can not become citizens of Israel? Interesting.

And lets not forget the huge difference in situations. There is a much larger chance of an Israeli Jew and Israeli Arab for falling in love than an Egyptian and Israeli. Israeli Jews and Arabs plus the Palestinians live in the same place and interact every day. So the Egyptian ruling if carried out (and there is huge doubt it will be), will hit a very small minority, where as the Israeli law hits thousands every year.

It hits thousands of foreigners, all Israeli citizens have full and equal rights under Israeli law. The same can not be said of Egypt.

Why would they not support it? This is the same country which still outlaws apostasy and homosexuality. And no I don't hate Arabs I hate Islam especially Islamic law which is oppresive by its very nature.

Exactly. Care to explain that Pete?

LOL I see. So all Arabs are Muslims.

Are you always this racist or is this just a Monday thing?

This is actually not a law but an amendment to the citizenship law which is limited in time, but it has been renewed several times over the past decade, in the last time the supreme court ruled in this matter it said there is no point in disqualifying this amendment because it will be expired soon. I think that this law is wrong and should be revoked ASAP, I hope that it won't be renewed again and if so that the supreme court will not keep the knesset off the hook again.

Last edited:
This is actually not a law but an amendment to the citizenship law which is limited in time, but it has been renewed several times over the past decade, in the last time the supreme court ruled in this matter it said there is no point in disqualifying this amendment because it will be expired soon. I think that this law is wrong and should be revoked ASAP, I hope that it won't be renewed again and if so that the supreme court will not keep the knesset off the hook again.

Which adds to what I've said earlier, but still I find it ridiculous that Pete compares a law that disqualifies an individual that has married a Palestinian citizen from gaining an Israeli citizenship to a law that revokes the Egyptian citizenship of an individual who gets married with an Israeli.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom