• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CAIR Scrambles to Register Millions of Muslim Voters to Stop Trump Movement

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WASHINGTON — American Muslims are watching in growing horror as Donald J. Trump and Senator Ted Cruz battle for the Republican presidential nomination, outdoing each other with provocative proposals that have included Muslim registries, immigration bans and fleets of police patrolling their neighborhoods.

With round tables, summit meetings and news releases falling on deaf ears, national advocacy groups are planning to fend off policies they consider hostile to Muslims with a more proactive strategy: driving up the Muslim vote.

Organizations like the Council on American-Islamic Relations, known as CAIR, the Islamic Circle of North America and the U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations are encouraging mosques to turn themselves into voter registration centers before the November election so that Muslims can make their voices heard at the polls. Registration drives are expected to ramp up significantly in June, during Ramadan, when attendance at Islamic centers peaks.

snip...

CAIR Scrambles to Register Millions of Muslim Voters to Stop Trump Movement - Breitbart

more #nevertrumps

It makes some sense to motivate them to vote, if they are citizens. Trump has made a lot of rather disposable noises, after all.

And here I thought that banning all muslims from entering the country was really going to endear Trump to the Muslim community

It makes some sense to motivate them to vote, if they are citizens. Trump has made a lot of rather disposable noises, after all.

Reckon they'll vote Libertarian? :roll:

BTW: Trump didn't say he would make Muslims leave the country.

And here I thought that banning all muslims from entering the country was really going to endear Trump to the Muslim community

If they're not radical jihadists [or know one] they have nothing to fear.

...except not being allowed into the country solely because they belong to the Islamic religion.

...except not being allowed into the country solely because they belong to the Islamic religion.
That's the trouble [as explained by Trump] We don't know who or what they are. Most are undocumented. [literally]

Not so if they (or their friends and relatives) are not permitted entry into the county based only on their religion until Trump "figures out what is going on". The FBI was seemingly unable to vet the last (ISIS wanna be?) mass shooter even after multiple complaints, visits and background checking.

Proposing that all blacks be vetted (watched more closely?) by federal authorities, until the black crime rate dropped to an acceptable level, would be rejected immediately (as being unconstitutional) yet that is essentially the Trump plan (of the moment?) for Muslims.

Reckon they'll vote Libertarian? :roll:

BTW: Trump didn't say he would make Muslims leave the country.

I guess he might opt to concentrate the in special areas we will not call camps. ;)

Not so if they (or their friends and relatives) are not permitted entry into the county based only on their religion until Trump "figures out what is going on". The FBI was seemingly unable to vet the last (ISIS wanna be?) mass shooter even after multiple complaints, visits and background checking.

Proposing that all blacks be vetted (watched more closely?) by federal authorities, until the black crime rate dropped to an acceptable level, would be rejected immediately (as being unconstitutional) yet that is essentially the Trump plan (of the moment?) for Muslims.

Goes back to the old saying about how most terrorists are Muslim. Plus we know up to 40% of visa holders don't leave.

IMO, Islam is not compatible with our way of life here in this country. People can argue otherwise but, that's the way I see it.

I wonder if we allowed German and Japanese immigrants during WWII...simply because they were German or Japanese?

"The day after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt suspended naturalization proceedings for Italian, German, and Japanese immigrants, required them to register, restricted their mobility, and prohibited them from owning items that might be used for sabotage, such as cameras and shortwave radios. The curfews on Italian immigrants were lifted in October 1942, on Columbus Day."

What "camps" are you referencing?

Well, we cannot send them anywhere, so we need to find a place to store them, I guess. So it will be camps like with the Japanese back then or the terrorist prisoners. Is that, what Trump has in mind? ;)

After all, the Orlando guy was homegrown.

I wonder if we allowed German and Japanese immigrants during WWII...simply because they were German or Japanese?

"The day after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt suspended naturalization proceedings for Italian, German, and Japanese immigrants, required them to register, restricted their mobility, and prohibited them from owning items that might be used for sabotage, such as cameras and shortwave radios. The curfews on Italian immigrants were lifted in October 1942, on Columbus Day."

An interesting aside might be that the mother of a girl I dated at university spent the duration of the war in her house in Germany, though, she was English. She even got on her bike and peddled from Ludwigsburg in South Germany to Rostock some 700 kilometers to the North without telling any authorities without any problems with the authorities. She was, however, quite pro German one must admit.

Are you suggesting Roosevelts' actions was smart policy or that the day after ****ing Pearl Harbor was attacked at the direction of a foreign country is comparable to a lone-wolf, home grown terrorist attack?

Are you suggesting Roosevelts' actions was smart policy or that the day after ****ing Pearl Harbor was attacked at the direction of a foreign country is comparable to a lone-wolf, home grown terrorist attack?

No. It should've happened after 9/11.

And, yes, Roosevelt was right on target.

What's your point?

That Roosevelt, to the extent that you can argue he made the right call (he didn't), could at least focus his focus on individuals from the country whose leadership had ordered the attack and had declared war on the United States.

Al Qaeda, the perpetrators of 9/11, do not represent a country - except to the extent that they were tolerated by Afghanistan and we bombed the **** out of that country in retaliation - and, in many instances, actively combat against the country where they are found. And I doubt that you mean to imply that the United States should have suspended the travel or detained Al Qaeda members or individuals from Afghanistan. So there is no comparable group that GWB could have detained or prevented from immigrating to the country without doing some seriously ****ed up **** like detaining all muslims.

That Roosevelt, to the extent that you can argue he made the right call (he didn't), could at least focus his focus on individuals from the country whose leadership had ordered the attack and had declared war on the United States.

Al Qaeda, the perpetrators of 9/11, do not represent a country - except to the extent that they were tolerated by Afghanistan and we bombed the **** out of that country in retaliation - and, in many instances, actively combat against the country where they are found. And I doubt that you mean to imply that the United States should have suspended the travel or detained Al Qaeda members or individuals from Afghanistan. So there is no comparable group that GWB could have detained or prevented from immigrating to the country without doing some seriously ****ed up **** like detaining all muslims.

Radical or radicalized Muslims should not be permitted in our country. Period. Allowing sworn enemies within our borders is goofy.

Radical or radicalized Muslims should not be permitted in our country. Period. Allowing sworn enemies within our borders is goofy.

Yea...that's always been the policy. It is why we have no-fly lists.

Yea...that's always been the policy. It is why we have no-fly lists.

Not true. The shooter's father is a radical Muslim judging by his videos. So was the shooter, for God's sake.

Well, we cannot send them anywhere, so we need to find a place to store them, I guess. So it will be camps like with the Japanese back then or the terrorist prisoners. Is that, what Trump has in mind? ;)

After all, the Orlando guy was homegrown.

IIRC, Trump said no new Muslims coming here until we get this mess figured out but, nothing about internment.

I would imagine that peaceful Muslims are just as concerned as peaceful Christians and others. It might be surprising to know that even registered Muslims fear people coming here to do us harm. They live here as well and have children to protect - why would anyone not want to protect this country from the evil that can come in if not kept in check? We can be politically correct or we can be alive - but after Orlando, we must face the reality that hard decisions need to be made.

IIRC, Trump said no new Muslims coming here until we get this mess figured out but, nothing about internment.

But the guys doing the killing in the West are mostly homegrown, I thought.

Back
Top Bottom