• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cain campaign has biggest online fundraising day

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Ooops! :lamo

It's lookg like most Americans just aren't fooled by the subterfuge anymore.

Two sources within the Cain campaign are telling me that although Mr. Cain was hit with sexual harassment accusations in the 90's from two females who worked for him, when he was president of the National Restaurant Association, Monday's online campaign fundraising for the campaign was the best ever up to this point.

PICKET: Cain campaign has biggest online fundraising day - Washington Times

Ehhh kinda misleading title depending how you read it.

His fundraising will continue to go up while he is one of the two frontrunners. He is also in a pretty good spot cash on handwise, and he can always loan his campaign money if needed. Money for the primaries is not going to be an issue for him.

Anyone want to bet that the bulk of these donations came from the Koch brothers -- directly or indirectly?

It really does seem people have caught on to the Liberal ploys.

They will do what ever they can to bring any Conservative down with what ever they can come up with.

I have dealt with these types of allegations against several employs when I was an Executive Manager and if they are handled properly they can be handled without Courts or settlements of any kind.

As recall there were 4 of them and they were at the outset of this becoming an issue many years ago, and they didn't involve a candidate for public office. and times have changed. It is clear now that some people see this as a way to make easy money, and I believe that is the case with Herman Cain.

It would seem I'm not alone in this belief.

Anyone want to bet that the bulk of these donations came from the Koch brothers -- directly or indirectly?

This is relevant to anything in the world how?

This is relevant to anything in the world how?

The implication was that the conservative masses flocked to Cain, when in fact Cain is the Koch's puppet candidate. If they thought he needed this kind of boost I have no doubt they would make a large donation to try to bolster his image.

The implication was that the conservative masses flocked to Cain, when in fact Cain is the Koch's puppet candidate. If they thought he needed this kind of boost I have no doubt they would make a large donation to try to bolster his image.

Cain is a puppet candidate?

Do you have some evidence of this or have you been partying with the OWS crowd?

Cain is a puppet candidate?

Do you have some evidence of this or have you been partying with the OWS crowd?

Do a little research, eh? Cain spent several years touring the country in the employ of Americans for Prosperity, which receives millions in funding from the Koch brothers. Many of Cain's top campaign staff -- including his campaign manager -- also come from Americans for Prosperity. Many of these same Koch-financed folks also formed the core of the Tea Party. Cain's infamous 9-9-9 plan was written by an Americans for Prosperity staffer. Cain's outside law firm is also AFP's law firm. Cain's former spokesperson was an AFP staffer.

If Obama had similar ties to George Soros conservatives would go apesh*t.

Long ties to Koch brothers key to Cain’s campaign - The Washington Post

Do a little research, eh? Cain spent several years touring the country in the employ of Americans for Prosperity, which receives millions in funding from the Koch brothers. Many of Cain's top campaign staff -- including his campaign manager -- also come from Americans for Prosperity. Many of these same Koch-financed folks also formed the core of the Tea Party. Cain's infamous 9-9-9 plan was written by an Americans for Prosperity staffer. Cain's outside law firm is also AFP's law firm. Cain's former spokesperson was an AFP staffer.

If Obama had similar ties to George Soros conservatives would go apesh*t.

Long ties to Koch brothers key to Cain’s campaign - The Washington Post

He does! We've been saying it for years and the Libbos continue to ignore it.

Obama gave Petrobraz a $2 billion loan and then said that he wanted the United States to become their, "number one customer".

BTW, you still didn't support this statement:

Last edited:
That high tech lynching is backfiring on our liberal friends? Oh my. :)
You guys should ABSOLUTELY nominate Herman Cain as the GOP candidate. I encourage you to get all you friends to support Cain and reject Romney. Romney is waaaay too moderate to get the GOP nod. We need to get true conservatives to back Cain, who is the only legitimate challenger to Romney at this point. I am going to do everything in my power to help Cain get the GOP nod...and I hope that you and other conservatives do the same. I was working on Sarah Palin's campaign in California, but since she is not running....I'm going to help campaign for Cain to get the GOP nod.

He does! We've been saying it for years and the Libbos continue to ignore it.

Obama gave Petrobraz a $2 billion loan and then said that he wanted the United States to become their, "number one customer".

BTW, you still didn't support this statement:

That's just silly. Petrobras is an oil company -- not a political advocacy group. Obama didn't give them anything. The import/export bank offered them a $2 billion loan guarantee which they could tap if they wanted to use to buy goods and services from U.S. companies -- which in turn would create U.S. jobs. The loan was approved by the I/E bank in April of 2009 -- with no input from Obama. All of the bank board members who participated in the decision were appointed by George Bush. Perry made this accusation against Obama and it was reviewed by Politifact. They rated it a "pants-on-fire" lie.

PolitiFact | Rick Perry says Obama delivered $2 billion to Brazil to help offshore drilling

Last edited:
That his biggest funraising day did not even net half a million yet gets bucko press coverage while for Ron Paul such fundraising days are a dime a dozen yet it rarely merits an article is revealing. Ron Paul can raise as much in three days as Cain can raise in a month and his donations are true grassroots efforts from small-time donors and not the result of some $1,000-a-plate banquet or $2,500 photoshoot.

Vermin Pain, fightin' the power.

That his biggest funraising day did not even net half a million yet gets bucko press coverage while for Ron Paul such fundraising days are a dime a dozen yet it rarely merits an article is revealing. Ron Paul can raise as much in three days as Cain can raise in a month and his donations are true grassroots efforts from small-time donors and not the result of some $1,000-a-plate banquet or $2,500 photoshoot.

Vermin Pain, fightin' the power.

And Paul cannot get over 10 % in polls. RCP has him at 8.2 % and trending slightly down. If Paul ever becomes a significant candidate, he might get coverage.

The question on Paul is - will he run third party if Romney is the candidate? If so, I think, Obama wins - Paul will take a very significant portion of the right who will refuse to vote Romney (and it would be interesting if he would take votes on the left from Obama as well).

As for Cain; hampered by the legal agreement, information is trickling out slowly. Which is bad for him - it's always better for the candidate to face the thing head on in a large-scale offensive, and then move on to other things. Drip Drip Drip will always be putting the story back in the headlines, always be sucking up the campaigns' energy, etc. Cain needs to publicly announce he is willing to rewrite the agreement to remove the gag order if the women are.

The question on Paul is - will he run third party if Romney is the candidate? If so, I think, Obama wins - Paul will take a very significant portion of the right who will refuse to vote Romney (and it would be interesting if he would take votes on the left from Obama as well).

I am guessing he will not. You are right that he would give Obama a fairly easy win if he did, and for that reason I think he will not.

As for Cain; hampered by the legal agreement, information is trickling out slowly. Which is bad for him - it's always better for the candidate to face the thing head on in a large-scale offensive, and then move on to other things. Drip Drip Drip will always be putting the story back in the headlines, always be sucking up the campaigns' energy, etc. Cain needs to publicly announce he is willing to rewrite the agreement to remove the gag order if the women are.

Cain is not handling it well either. He could put it behind him by a simple "I was young, I ****ed up, I regret it" and move on. Did people learn nothing from Clinton?

Here is hoping that the right wing so rallies around Cain that they get him the 2012 GOP nomination. Christmas comes early for the Democrats from the top to the bottom of the ticket nation wide. It will make 64 and the Goldwater debacle look like a close election.

Run Herman Run!!!!

I am guessing he will not. You are right that he would give Obama a fairly easy win if he did, and for that reason I think he will not.

i think you are underestimating conservatives loathing for Romney. a non-Conservative Republican would be a disaster for the party and the country - Conservatives would be pulled into defending Romney, negating their ability to push the kind of fiscal reforms that are needed to avoid a collapse. In 2008, I wanted Obama to win for the same reason - let the Democrats own liberal failure so that Republicans can offer Conservative alternatives. If Republicans offer liberal failure, then there is no alternative.

so the question is; what is more important - the next four years? or the next forty?

Cain is not handling it well either. He could put it behind him by a simple "I was young, I ****ed up, I regret it" and move on. Did people learn nothing from Clinton?

:shrug: well we'll see. If he is guilty of the charges, then that is absolutely what he should do. But I'll admit I believe him when he says that he and his campaign have just handled this badly. But :shrug: again we'll see.

Here is hoping that the right wing so rallies around Cain that they get him the 2012 GOP nomination. Christmas comes early for the Democrats from the top to the bottom of the ticket nation wide. It will make 64 and the Goldwater debacle look like a close election.

independents have abandoned Obama - and they are not coming back. if they don't vote Republican, then they probably just won't vote. This is likely to be a true ideological base election. Within those bases, Democrats are generally much less enthused about voting in 2012 than Republicans - and the most enthusiastic portion of the Democrat base is African Americans. Cain has no political experience and that makes me antsy about him - but the election would not be anything like what you are representing.

Romney WOULD be a disaster for hardcore conservatives, but not for the reasons you propose. The economy is on a course of gradual recovery. It's not going to be pretty and it's not going to be quick, but if we stay more or less on the same heading, whoever is President in 2013 is going to reap the rewards.

By all rights it should be Obama. He has gotten megatons of sh*t for something that was unavoidable. It's only fitting that he should reap the rewards for steering us through it about as well as anyone could have under the circumstances.

the economy is not doomed to success by any means, and your depiction is flawed. at our current rate of job creation, we effectively never replace the millions of jobs we have lost. meanwhile, the next President will be confronted with exploding budgets and (if he is reelected) the bankruptcy of Medicare. The Euro is doomed, American consumers have deleveraging to go through yet, the housing market has further to fall, the Middle East is going to spin further into inchoate volatility, and at some point someone is going to decide not to be the last guy at the table when the bill comes due, and they will start selling dollars. we have a very narrow window of opportunity to avoid a very tough decade and a half or so.

It really does seem people have caught on to the Liberal ploys.

They will do what ever they can to bring any Conservative down with what ever they can come up with.

I have dealt with these types of allegations against several employs when I was an Executive Manager and if they are handled properly they can be handled without Courts or settlements of any kind.

As recall there were 4 of them and they were at the outset of this becoming an issue many years ago, and they didn't involve a candidate for public office. and times have changed. It is clear now that some people see this as a way to make easy money, and I believe that is the case with Herman Cain.

It would seem I'm not alone in this belief.

What does Herman Cain harassing women in the 90s have to do with liberals?

Back
Top Bottom