• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caffeine or alcohol?

Caffeine or alcohol?

• Total voters
What is that in the Communist Manifesto or something?

Yes, you don't remember the section titled "Coffee - Bourgeois and Proletarian"?

What is that in the Communist Manifesto or something?

I only drink good coffee. I'm a huge coffee snob. I'm considering roasting my own beans, although I haven't really started looking into where I could get some fresh. I'm also considering spending a pretty penny on a burr grinder, although atm I can't justify it. I keep my beans stored in an airtight container and only grind right before pouring the water over them. I have a thermometer to make sure that the water temperature is correct for brewing, and have a dedicated coffee water boiling pot. I have my french press marked off to provide the perfect bean/water ratio. Stir for 2-4 minutes, let sit until the grounds float to the top, remove them and press.

Putting milk and sugar in coffee is equivalent to taking a beautiful piece of antique furniture and painting it white, or some stupid color. I can't stand that, either, and it completely covers up the beauty of the coffee/furniture and absolutely ruins it.

What about water?

Water is in coffee, therefore you can't add water to it as it is part of coffee.

Last edited:
spuddy said:
No, you add water to coffee, coffee is the beans.

1. You don't add water to coffee beans, you add it to coffee grounds.
2. Those are coffee beans, not coffee. Coffee is what is produced when you pour water over coffee grounds.

I only drink good coffee. I'm a huge coffee snob. I'm considering roasting my own beans, although I haven't really started looking into where I could get some fresh. I'm also considering spending a pretty penny on a burr grinder, although atm I can't justify it. I keep my beans stored in an airtight container and only grind right before pouring the water over them. I have a thermometer to make sure that the water temperature is correct for brewing, and have a dedicated coffee water boiling pot. I have my french press marked off to provide the perfect bean/water ratio. Stir for 2-4 minutes, let sit until the grounds float to the top, remove them and press.

Putting milk and sugar in coffee is equivalent to taking a beautiful piece of antique furniture and painting it white, or some stupid color. I can't stand that, either, and it completely covers up the beauty of the coffee/furniture and absolutely ruins it.

Water is in coffee, therefore you can't add water to it as it is part of coffee.

Yaoza that is pretty intense. Wish I could have a cup of your formulation.

winston53660 said:
Yaoza that is pretty intense. Wish I could have a cup of your formulation.

It's not that crazy. Just buy a french press and some whole beans. Put some water on to boil. When the water starts boiling grind the beans (2 tbsp of beans for every 6 oz water). Put the grounds in the press, take the water off until it's just below boiling, pour over the grounds and stir. Takes about as long as a drip maker, just more active participation on your part. But it's a ritual that I enjoy, especially for the quality that is incomparable to ****ty drip coffee.

Hoplite said:
Neither. I dont like chemically disrupting my state of mind

Why on earth not? You sound like a bore.

I would love to try some of your coffee Khayembii. Is it a really strong brew?

It's not that crazy. Just buy a french press and some whole beans. Put some water on to boil. When the water starts boiling grind the beans (2 tbsp of beans for every 6 oz water). Put the grounds in the press, take the water off until it's just below boiling, pour over the grounds and stir. Takes about as long as a drip maker, just more active participation on your part. But it's a ritual that I enjoy, especially for the quality that is incomparable to ****ty drip coffee.

Why on earth not? You sound like a bore.

I had a room mate that did that when I lived in NYC. Me I just go down to the 7-11 get a large and I'm good to go.

I would love to try some of your coffee Khayembii. Is it a really strong brew?

Then make some yourself. It's not that difficult...

I prefer dark roasts; French Roast is my staple, although my local supplier did briefly have Italian Roast which was much better (unfortunately they no longer offer it :( ).

I had a room mate that did that when I lived in NYC. Me I just go down to the 7-11 get a large and I'm good to go.

Meh. I have an interest into turning everyday tasks into rituals that I enjoy. Which is why I'm also planning on getting a straight razor and getting into wet shaving. I figure if you do something every day you should get some kind of enjoyment out of it.

Last edited:
Coffee tastes horrid without it. :lol:
Someone told me (unconfirmed rumor, here) that plain coffee is better (in health terms) than coffee that has things added to it.

Partially because of that, I've developed a taste for plain coffee, as long as it's not TO strong.

But I still hit the neighborhood Sheetz (combo gas station/convenience store, for those who know not) for a specialty coffee every week or so…

Probably part of the reason for my being over the desired weight for my height & build, come to think of it…

Then make some yourself. It's not that difficult...

I prefer dark roasts; French Roast is my staple, although my local supplier did briefly have Italian Roast which was much better (unfortunately they no longer offer it :( ).

I might try that sometime. Although one of the best coffee roasts I had was native Haitian coffee. I don't know how they brewed it, but it was amazing. When I'm rich I want to travel the world sampling each nations coffee (not kidding).

And don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional cappuccino or coffee drink but that IMO is a whole other ball game than coffee.

Someone told me (unconfirmed rumor, here) that plain coffee is better (in health terms) than coffee that has things added to it.

Partially because of that, I've developed a taste for plain coffee, as long as it's not TO strong.

But I still hit the neighborhood Sheetz (combo gas station/convenience store, for those who know not) for a specialty coffee every week or so…

Probably part of the reason for my being over the desired weight for my height & build, come to think of it…

Its to bitter for me, although if I run out of both milk and sugar, while being lazy, I'll still drink it.

If I do not get my 7 cups of coffee (none of that decaf crap), I JUST GO CCCCRRRRAAASZSZSZSZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need 7 cups, but if I don't get a fair amount, I'm a bitch to be around.

I know. Hard to believe, right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom