• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CA Legislators Want to Tax Poor 3%

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A group of CA legislators want to mandate a 3% income tax to be imposed on any one without a retirement plan. So they can take the defined benefit scam of public employees and grant it to their voters I presume? This will impact oly those without a retirement plan = the poorest workers.

Have a link?

I'm certain Californians remember when the State of California mailed out IOUs instead of state income tax refund checks.

Does anyone believe that in 40 years the State will actually give people their money back? Plus of the early money with inflation it would worth what, 5 cents on the dollar?

In reality, it is just another 3% tax on every dollar any employee in California earns.

A group of CA legislators want to mandate a 3% income tax to be imposed on any one without a retirement plan. So they can take the defined benefit scam of public employees and grant it to their voters I presume? This will impact oly those without a retirement plan = the poorest workers.

Wants to? It's been signed into law. California Deals with State Pension Crisis by Expanding it to Private Employees - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Another Ponzi Scheme. I hope it's found unconstitutional.

So no link, no quote of a story, no law being cited, not even a politician talking about. Pretty crappy OP imo.

The poor should not be taxed 3%. The poor should be taxed 10%, just as everyone else should be taxed 10% on everything they make that year.

I saw this on FOX news this AM and it was said Caly-for-ni is in debt to the tune of $3,000,000.00 (that's million folks) per resident in that Golden state. The owls and cats are financially better off than the citizens.

Those numbers are always so funny. 3 million per person - really? So CA is $90 trillion in debt and our country is $17 trillion in debt. Get a clue; these people that make up these numbers can't phathom that the state might actually collect $89 trillion over that same period of time the way things are today. They some how magically think the state stops collecting a single dollar so they can throw out a STUPID number to scare people.

I saw this on FOX news this AM and it was said Caly-for-ni is in debt to the tune of $3,000,000.00 (that's million folks) per resident in that Golden state. The owls and cats are financially better off than the citizens.

Refresh my memory, haven't many members of the Republican party pissing and moaning about how the poor don't pay their fair share?

This is tax and spend. I'm all for tax and balance the budget, but this is a take and spend even more.

Refresh my memory, haven't many members of the Republican party pissing and moaning about how the poor don't pay their fair share?

Back
Top Bottom